Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:14 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
@Ronin if you're cool with thunderbolt synergy, then its cool with me.
I think he works well enough there, kind of like Red Hood getting Outlaw status without being a Secret Six member. I'm angling for the Charlatans to be a pretty loose synergy anyway, so he should be okay to throw into the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think that - beyond Spidey Sense and Web Swing, which are obvious necessities - Superior Spider-Man needs some sort of "ruthlessness" power. You can tie that in with the multi-attack, but the main difference between Otto and Peter is that Otto is smarter and more ruthless, but when the chips are down, can't keep up.

The power name that keeps coming to mind for me is "SUPERIORITY COMPLEX." I think a power that delivers on that theme is exactly what would make Superior Spider-Man unique. Here's a general idea that I'm just pulling out of my behind - pure spitballing.

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's within 4 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Roll 1 additional die when attacking and 1 fewer die when defending with Spider-Man for each figure he is engaged with.
Liking Johnny's ideas here.

Also, some thoughts on the Spider-Bots: would it make sense to give them a Lurker-type power that would let you place them anywhere at the start of the game? That would let you cut down on the movement powers (I think it would be cool to get the card down to Secret Attack Plan and Spider-Bot Monitoring), and plays into the idea of him already having a surveillance network.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:17 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Superior Spider-Man needs some sort of "ruthlessness" power.
I feel the same way. Here's an idea I've been playing around with on my homebrew:
PUBLIC EXECUTION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2 + Special.
Add 1 extra attack die for each other figure (except Superior Spider-Man) within 3 clear sight spaces of the targeted figure. Superior Spider-Man may not use this special attack unless it could roll enough skulls to destroy the targeted figure.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 2nd, 2015, 04:40 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
@Ronin if you're cool with thunderbolt synergy, then its cool with me.
I think he works well enough there, kind of like Red Hood getting Outlaw status without being a Secret Six member. I'm angling for the Charlatans to be a pretty loose synergy anyway, so he should be okay to throw into the mix.

Quote:
I think that - beyond Spidey Sense and Web Swing, which are obvious necessities - Superior Spider-Man needs some sort of "ruthlessness" power. You can tie that in with the multi-attack, but the main difference between Otto and Peter is that Otto is smarter and more ruthless, but when the chips are down, can't keep up.

The power name that keeps coming to mind for me is "SUPERIORITY COMPLEX." I think a power that delivers on that theme is exactly what would make Superior Spider-Man unique. Here's a general idea that I'm just pulling out of my behind - pure spitballing.

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's within 4 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Roll 1 additional die when attacking and 1 fewer die when defending with Spider-Man for each figure he is engaged with.
Liking Johnny's ideas here.

Also, some thoughts on the Spider-Bots: would it make sense to give them a Lurker-type power that would let you place them anywhere at the start of the game? That would let you cut down on the movement powers (I think it would be cool to get the card down to Secret Attack Plan and Spider-Bot Monitoring), and plays into the idea of him already having a surveillance network.
I'm liking all of these ideas! Not sure how to implement the lurker idea, but I like it.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 2nd, 2015, 05:48 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'm always up for new synergy, and it doesn't seem unthematic, so it sounds awesome!

He wouldn't be the first case of weirdness surrounding secret identities - I don't know what Karat's talking about, but the fact that somewhere down the line two guys with a Venom symmbiote (i.e. Eddie Brock and Black Suited Peter) could be together in the same army is already a bit of a theme break, as far as I know anyway, so I wouldn't be too concerned here.

I'd definitely cut web shooters to make him different from Peter. If the apendages are as short as Ronin says, then 2 range is probably not a good idea. I'm just wondering if something like upping his Range to 4 (for the Web Shooters) and doing something like this would be a good idea, to make him more aggressive?

Arachnid Apendages

Spider-Man may attack at any time before, during or after moving. When attacking with Spider-Man, you may attack three additional times. Spider-Man may not attack a non-adjacent figure more than once per turn.
I was referring to instances like this: Ant-Man & Ant-Man can be played together.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:00 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
This ship has sailed. It's a game not a simulation. It has already been done in the past and I would vote against a dual identity for a figure.
This is kind of a different case though. The others like Robin and Ant-Man all share a superhero name, but Superior Spider-Man actually shares a body with Peter Parker. It's literally impossible for them to both be in the same battle without time travel. Having one body, and another consciousness isn't something that's come up for us before. I'd be fine with a dual-identity character in this instance.

@laughing matter , you have some interesting designs. You should look at playtesting for us, I could definitely see one of your designs making it!

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old February 2nd, 2015, 07:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
This ship has sailed. It's a game not a simulation. It has already been done in the past and I would vote against a dual identity for a figure.
This is kind of a different case though. The others like Robin and Ant-Man all share a superhero name, but Superior Spider-Man actually shares a body with Peter Parker. It's literally impossible for them to both be in the same battle without time travel. Having one body, and another consciousness isn't something that's come up for us before. I'd be fine with a dual-identity character in this instance.

@laughing matter , you have some interesting designs. You should look at playtesting for us, I could definitely see one of your designs making it!
I didn't know that. I've read relatively few comics.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are #052 / Citizen V.

[redacted]

--------

A slightly different spin on Citizen V than the last round; it seemed that he could use a slight change in direction, and I tried to gear him back toward one of my original ideas, which was that he would have some kind of big, once-a-game leadership effect. So Master Plan Unveiled is a shot at that, with Charlatan Leadership serving as a more general leadership power (which becomes much less useful once you've gone ahead with the Master Plan). Master Swordplay is of course a must.

Here are the older versions of Helmut's leadership powers, for reference:
[redacted]
Citizen V's been the trickiest of the Thunderbolt designs so far, since I want him to play a little differently from most leader types and OM hubs, so any and all feedback is appreciated!

Last edited by Ronin; April 25th, 2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:54 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I have spider Ock drafted, and have some plans for him already. Waiting for a better mini, and to have time to do it, obviously, but if you guys come up with something good in the meantime I dong mind passing it on.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think Charlatan Command is powerful enough to overshadow just about any other use for the figure other then as an OM dump. He'd be the Prof. X of the Thunderbolts, all OMs would go on him and you would activate two Charlatans 90% of the time. The Master Plan Revealed power is interesting though, and if you could surround a Superman type figure with enough charlatans to kill him it would most definitely get used. I think you need to scale back the Command Power though if you want it to be used more often then that. Giving up two turns per OM is too much to use the power in a lesser situation.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:59 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I think Charlatan Command is powerful enough to overshadow just about any other use for the figure other then as an OM dump. He'd be the Prof. X of the Thunderbolts, all OMs would go on him and you would activate two Charlatans 90% of the time. The Master Plan Revealed power is interesting though, and if you could surround a Superman type figure with enough charlatans to kill him it would most definitely get used. I think you need to scale back the Command Power though if you want it to be used more often then that. Giving up two turns per OM is too much to use the power in a lesser situation.
It's just a movement power, not a "take a turn" power.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Ah, well that makes a big difference.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:27 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I'd be fine with a dual-identity character in this instance.

Quote:
This just made my night! Sadly I never have time for playtesting, otherwise I would probably grab a test for every design I could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I have spider Ock drafted, and have some plans for him already. Waiting for a better mini, and to have time to do it, obviously, but if you guys come up with something good in the meantime I dong mind passing it on.
I didn't know you had it drafted when I posted the design, but I did know you had Evil Ernie drafted and mostly posted that design to spark some ideas, since I had made an Ernie mini for myself. BTW I love Evil Ernie! It's definitely a comic I'd recommend.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy