Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 28th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Awesome @Yodaking ! I look forward to seeing pictures when you get them painted.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 29th, 2015, 12:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
So, everyone see the new Fan Four trailer yet??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA

My thoughts are that it looks like an awful Fan Four film. But I think it looks like a pretty darn cool sci-fi epic. I'm going to go in not hoping for absolutely anything related to comic book FF, and it might turn out good.
I know people bash the "old" F4 movies for being cheesy but... isn't that how the F4 comic books were? My dad, at least, said that the movies were pretty accurate representations of the F4 comics he read as a kid.

The new trailer looks pretty cool, but it seems too gritty to really be an F4 movie.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:25 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The new trailer looks pretty cool, but it seems too gritty to really be an F4 movie.
This x100. Its a franchise that has the word "Fantastic" in the name and they're going to do a "hard sci-fi take" on it. I don't see that working out very well. Next up its the reboot of Happy Days done as a serious drama exploring the mental effects of depression, and a Nightmare on Elm Street remake that is a kid-friendly and crosses over with My Little Pony.

F4 is my favorite Marvel comic but I'm not getting excited about this movie.
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I don't think there's anything inherently awful about a heavy sci-fi FF that takes some cues from the Ultimate adaptation. It's an interesting-enough take, and I think that long-term, it's a good idea to change direction between one incarnation of a big property and the next.

But I agree that it's never going to be my Fantastic Four. It could still be good, it's just not going to feel quite right to me without some of the zanier FF concepts. It's not going to be one of those definitive adaptations that are impossible to top. Still plenty of room for a decent movie in there, though.
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Lego Shield Helicarrier.

I want it, I just don't want to pay for it.
Old January 29th, 2015, 06:12 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Casting news today from Marvel's Jessica Jones series: Hellcat cast in Jessica Jones

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old January 29th, 2015, 06:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

They just might have enough pre-established superheros to pull off the Civil War story line next year without having it a 5 on 5 affair.

Jessica Jones
Power Man (will he be on screen by then?)
Dare Devil
Hellcat
Quake
Deathlocke
Falcon
Warmachine
Iron Man
CA
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Mocking Bird
Black Panther
Quick Silver
Scarlet Witch
Vision

Then their are some villains they can include:
Winter Soldier
Crossbones
Batroc
Claw
Abomination
Absorbing Man
Gravitron
The Weather dude from AoS
Whoever Flowers becomes in AoS
Old January 29th, 2015, 10:30 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
This x100. Its a franchise that has the word "Fantastic" in the name and they're going to do a "hard sci-fi take" on it. I don't see that working out very well. Next up its the reboot of Happy Days done as a serious drama exploring the mental effects of depression, and a Nightmare on Elm Street remake that is a kid-friendly and crosses over with My Little Pony.

F4 is my favorite Marvel comic but I'm not getting excited about this movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't think there's anything inherently awful about a heavy sci-fi FF that takes some cues from the Ultimate adaptation. It's an interesting-enough take, and I think that long-term, it's a good idea to change direction between one incarnation of a big property and the next.

But I agree that it's never going to be my Fantastic Four. It could still be good, it's just not going to feel quite right to me without some of the zanier FF concepts. It's not going to be one of those definitive adaptations that are impossible to top. Still plenty of room for a decent movie in there, though.
All due respect gentlemen, let me ask you a question? Did you like Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Iron Man 2 (yes, I'm leaving out Iron Man 3 intentionally), The Incredible Hulk, or The Avengers? All of these were based more on their Ultimate characters than the original concepts. Did you complain that RDJ wasn't being held by the Viet Cong and forced to make his suit? What about Cap? Did you complain that he wasn't wearing unprotective spandex in The First Avenger? What about the Abomination? Didn't you prefer the warrior with tail to a guy with gills and a speedo? Everything that Marvel has done with their Cinematic U has been pretty directly derived from the ideas and stories that began the Ultimate line. Marvel has even semi reclaimed Spider-man by having the cartoons and lego toys be Ultimate Spider-man (Peter Parker, not Miles...yet). Why is it so hard to think that a more recent re-imagining, set in more modern times than the 1960s, be an actual good idea? I think Fox is pretty genius for figuring this out. Sony has had the rug sort of ripped out from underneath them with Ultimate Spider-man, it was smart of Fox to jump on that band wagon before the same was done to them. Similarities: Reed and Ben childhood neighbors and friends. Sue and Johnny, siblings that work for their father in the Baxter Building. Reed comes to work with them there as well. The four and Doom all get there powers from a trip to the Negative Zone. Multiple villains surfaced from the jealousy and goings on at the Baxter Building. Really, Ultimate FF was a great read until
Spoiler Alert!
That pretty much ended the good parts of Ultimate FF, but we are talking about more than enough stories to make a dozen movies from. All I'm saying is, just because its not exactly like the pictures and story from the comics, don't jump to conclusions. Amazing Spider-man 2 had some scenes straight out of the comics and it got berated. (Personally, I loved it. Better Green Goblin, better Spider-man, great villains so far. Why is it such a crime that Rhino got only two scenes? That's how you build up to a great story, IMO. Plenty of times Spidey starts a story fighting one villain and the story is about another. What's the problem? I digress.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 29th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Oh, I'm not trashing the idea of borrowing from the Ultimate line at all. I read the first year and a half or so of the Ultimate FF title and it was pretty solid (and streamlining for movie adaptations is practically the Ultimate U's main function). This take on the FF could be really interesting! I'm just a big fan of Kirby and Kirby's FF, so I would be more excited if they were drawing from that period.
Old January 29th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sorry Spidey, but I hated Amazing Spider-Man 2. I kept fast-forwarding it to find some good parts but just kept going. The goofy armored card chase in the beginning with the really stupid bad guys and Spidey being over the top goofy really was a turn off for me personally. And the Rhino suit was the nail in the coffin. That's just me though.

As far as those other movies you listed. Yeah, they seemed to work fine for sure. So I don't have much problem with the FF4 changing it up. Of course it has to be a good movie for it to work, otherwise meh.

Old January 29th, 2015, 10:56 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Sorry Spidey, but I hated Amazing Spider-Man 2. I kept fast-forwarding it to find some good parts but just kept going. The goofy armored card chase in the beginning with the really stupid bad guys and Spidey being over the top goofy really was a turn off for me personally. And the Rhino suit was the nail in the coffin. That's just me though.

As far as those other movies you listed. Yeah, they seemed to work fine for sure. So I don't have much problem with the FF4 changing it up. Of course it has to be a good movie for it to work, otherwise meh.
This is always true, "a good idea does not guarantee a good result." I just want people to give it a chance.

@Hahma , Spidey is supposed to be goofy, that's what he does. He quips and wisecracks even as his world is falling apart around him, many times because its the only thing he can do to keep from breaking down himself. Its a coping mechanism. Its what makes him human and makes people love the character.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 29th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, I get that he jokes around and such. It just seemed over the top for me that's all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape