Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:25 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
I jumped on the Early Bird Inmate level for Zombicide 2. This one has been crazy so far. I think I may wait and order Toxic City Mall online at a discount rather than pay the full $50 for that one.
It's funny, my wife doesn't even want me playing Zombicide with my kids, but I still couldn't resist.

Quote:
And I don't have a Kickstarter problem, DS. I could quit any time I want to. In fact, I passed on Guns of Gettysburg, even though I love both Napoleon's Triumph and Boneparte at Marengo. See, I can handle it. I can handle it.
Yes, but the Guns of Gettysburg Kickstarter is not over just yet. I find the last few hours the most difficult to overcome.
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:27 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Zombicide is about to break the $1,000,000 mark which means we get Woody Harrelson from Zombieland for free!

Despite my continuing insistence that I do not have a KS problem, I did back Dungeon Roll. It looks to be a very well thought out dice game with far more decisions than most games of that genre. At just $15 with some pretty sweet bonuses it was a no brainer.

And while this isn't a board game, I've been following Civitas, a SimCity type game that looks promising. Not sure about that one yet.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:40 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm in at the $1.00 level right now for Drake: The Dragon Wargame so I can keep up with the updates for now. It's looking more and more likely that I'm going to have to reopen my NIB Scape Sale thread to afford this one (damn you Rivet Wars!).

-insert signature here-
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post

Despite my continuing insistence that I do not have a KS problem, I did back Dungeon Roll. It looks to be a very well thought out dice game with far more decisions than most games of that genre. At just $15 with some pretty sweet bonuses it was a no brainer.

I just backed Dungeon Roll too. Like you said, for $15 it was a pretty easy backing for me. Some neat KS extras and free shipping. Sure online prices will likely be close, but then there's shipping and not getting some of the KS exclusives.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I succumbed to Dungeon Roll, as well.

On a more positive note. I just received both my Zpocalypse game with the Kickstarter rewards and my Kickstarted copy of Shattered Timelines for Sentinels of the Multiverse. I'm hoping to get Zpocalyse played very soon.
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post

On a more positive note. I just received both my Zpocalypse game with the Kickstarter rewards and my Kickstarted copy of Shattered Timelines for Sentinels of the Multiverse. I'm hoping to get Zpocalyse played very soon.
I had demoed Zpocalypse at GenCon with the designer. It was pretty cool. My buddy had just scored Android Netrunner in a very lucky way at the Con and the designer of Zpocalypse wanted my buddy's copy very bad, so he gave him cash for it, plus the value of the Kickstarter expansions or extras or whatever, when my buddy bought the base game. So we'll see how that works out.

I'm sure my game group friend that has Sentinels also will be getting Shattered Timelines, so I look forward to trying that out too.

Old March 16th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Sentinels of the Multiverse is great, great fun. You guys will enjoy it! I like it a lot better than the DC DBG and Marvel Legendary.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:29 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post

On a more positive note.
I just received both my Zpocalypse game with the Kickstarter rewards and my Kickstarted copy of Shattered Timelines for Sentinels of the Multiverse. I'm hoping to get Zpocalyse played very soon.
You make it sound like torture.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Sentinels of the Multiverse is great, great fun. You guys will enjoy it! I like it a lot better than the DC DBG and Marvel Legendary.

Oh yeah, I know MM . I've played a few times, but not with Shattered Timelines. I haven't played the Marvel or DC games yet, but just from researching them, they don't seem like they'd stand up well against Sentinels. Though, I imagine each of the other two have their good points as well.

Old March 16th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Yeah, I have the original SOTM (not Swarm of the Marro in this case ) from before their release of the Enhanced Edition. I really like the game and the theme, and I've kickstarted all of their other expansions so I was quick to join in on this one. I'm looking forward to my first game with the new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
You make it sound like torture.
It's this whole "acquisition disorder" thing. Buying (or Kickstarting) new games when I have games that I still haven't played at home. It's sometimes a painful and burdensome cross to bear.
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:56 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Dungeon Roll seems like a no-brainer to back because of its fantastic price point. This week I have received Zpocalypse and Sentinels of the Multiverse as well. The playmat for SotM is beautiful. I first thought it was over-priced at first, but seeing it in hand certainly demonstrates a more accurate value.

One other project I'm backing, that is on its final week is Hoplomachus: Rise to Rome. You guys should check it out... There are review videos for their first base set. If you dig it, you should back it! They are about 5k short, and I'd hate to see this one not get funded, so I figured I'd spread the word on what looks like a pretty good game.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I'm backing Zombicide season 2 (I got in at the level to get all of the stuff) and backed Dungeon Roll. These were my first dips into the Kickstarter world. I'm excited to get all of the extras that come along with it. To bad I have to wait so long to get it

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games