Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 23rd, 2016, 12:49 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Does Blue still make you mad?

I've had AotP since last Christmas, but haven't played it too often. I did a couple solo games, a few games with my wife, and yesterday, played 2 with my sister who is visiting from the States.

And I instantly recalled how frustrating blue is (at least with just the first MS). After avoiding the first unsummon card, I lost my highly enchanted rhinos to another unsummon card. They lost three enchantments, but also a couple wounds. I brought them back, then my Planeswalker died, then Jace unsummoned the Rhinos again. That, combined with the fact that I had to chase Jace all over the place because he transported once and kept switching with the Projections, made it a very frustrating experience.

I don't necessarily think it's unbalanced, but it is terribly frustrating!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 23rd, 2016, 01:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Does Blue still make you mad?

With all the other expansions, I totally wiped the floor of my brothers Jace army of blue with my red/green werewolf planeswalker with my red army and red/green deck build. I say bring it on. Its all how you play, and how well they can respond to your sorcery cards and such.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 23rd, 2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes and combined with green it is brutal.

Unsummon is oh so much more powerful if you wait and destroy your opponent's PW.
Then they never return.

Also blue can return a card from their graveyard to their library for double trouble.

Welcome to the Fold may be the best card in the game.

Blue easily has the best 5 point cards.

That said I really like Sorin and Black/White. The healing is incredible.

Looking forward to blue mixing with more colors.

Blue alone is a bit limited by army choices but their spells are top notch.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 23rd, 2016, 02:42 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I don't necessarily think it's unbalanced, but it is terribly frustrating!
This sums up my current feelings about blue when all expansions are involved.

But the original core as a standalone set it is unbalanced. The second core, as frustrating as it is, I don't consider unbalanced.

But then again, we consider the game over once there is only one remaining Planeswalkers in play.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion