Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old July 14th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
1. I'm also in favor of Valhalla-style cards.

2. I would give priority to units with figures, or with decent approximations. For example, there's a Star Wars mini that I think looks like Robocop: Galactic Alliance Trooper #32. I don't think we should be exclusive, but having a reasonable mini is a pretty good point in favor of a custom.

EDIT: Also, call me old-fashioned but I'd prefer that we keep to customs that haven't already been covered in one of the other customs projects. No need to have even more multiples running around, especially when that time and energy could be spent on making originals.
That figure would be close enough for me. We're not going to find exact figures for every character, we just need to have a reasonable facsimile.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:24 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1)I also agree with Valhalla 'Scape.
2)It should have some form of a mini even if its a picture of the character printed on cardstock, standing in a candy land base. and its semi to scale.
3)If an appropriate mini is found then we could use a mini pic, though I prefer artwork pics myself. But if the mini you plan on useing is just a proxie then go artwork.

My first entry I have actually hade made for a while, but as Balantai said earlier I can use it as long as I dont mind criticism and making changes if necessary.
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
1. I'm also in favor of Valhalla-style cards.

2. I would give priority to units with figures, or with decent approximations. For example, there's a Star Wars mini that I think looks like Robocop: Galactic Alliance Trooper #32. I don't think we should be exclusive, but having a reasonable mini is a pretty good point in favor of a custom.
That is awesome. I can't wait until we do Robocop.

Quote:
EDIT: Also, call me old-fashioned but I'd prefer that we keep to customs that haven't already been covered in one of the other customs projects. No need to have even more multiples running around, especially when that time and energy could be spent on making originals.
I completely understand where you're coming from, but I don't see any harm with reenvisioning a character that's already been created. If I start to put limits on what can and can't be created, it'll start to get messy. Do I say no Star Wars, no Comic Book and no D&D? What if someone wants to create Hellboy? He's a comic book character. Or what if someone want to create Drizzt? He's an awesome literature character that might have multiple options, but has never been created in a collaborative effort. In an effort to avoid all of these instances, opening it up to all fictional characters is, IMO, the fairest option.
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:25 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
On a side note, no symbols.
In that case, no Wheel of Time for me. I had wanted to make Saidin, Saidar symbols, but I guess I'll do that somewhere else.

Quote:
I completely understand where you're coming from, but I don't see any harm with reenvisioning a character that's already been created. If I start to put limits on what can and can't be created, it'll start to get messy. Do I say no Star Wars, no Comic Book and no D&D? What if someone wants to create Hellboy? He's a comic book character. Or what if someone want to create Drizzt? He's an awesome literature character that might have multiple options, but has never been created in a collaborative effort. In an effort to avoid all of these instances, opening it up to all fictional characters is, IMO, the fairest option.
I think we should stick to characters that have no offical version. If no other offical/semi-offical project has made it, it's fair game.
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinekng View Post
Quote:
On a side note, no symbols.
In that case, no Wheel of Time for me. I had wanted to make Saidin, Saidar symbols, but I guess I'll do that somewhere else.
I really want this project to be completely compatible with traditional Heroscape. As soon as we deviate from that equalibrium, we start to lose people. I know Marvelscape has the Superstrength symbol and C3G has the Flying Symbol, but until Vahallascaple uses them, I'd like to refrain.
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM

dfonse is surprisingly tart

I am interested. I can not make custom cards but I may be able to get figures but I am not positive. I would like to make

Character's name. Ezio Auditore
What fictional genre the character is from. Video game: Assassin's Creed 2 and 3
What miniature you will be using. Arkmar painted white and given a sword.
A short description of the character or link to a description. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki...ore_da_Firenze
Any specific direction you're looking to take the character. As a Jandar assassin with the ability to silent kill.
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
1)I also agree with Valhalla 'Scape.
2)It should have some form of a mini even if its a picture of the character printed on cardstock, standing in a candy land base. and its semi to scale.
3)If an appropriate mini is found then we could use a mini pic, though I prefer artwork pics myself. But if the mini you plan on useing is just a proxie then go artwork.

My first entry I have actually hade made for a while, but as Balantai said earlier I can use it as long as I dont mind criticism and making changes if necessary.
I moved you to the top of the list, jcmcminis. Once we get everything hashed out, you can be our guinney pig.
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfonse View Post
I am interested. I can not make custom cards but I may be able to get figures but I am not positive. I would like to make

What fictional genre the character is from. Video game: Assassin's Creed 2 and 3
A short description of the character or link to a description. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki...ore_da_Firenze
Any specific direction you're looking to take the character. As a Jandar assassin with the ability to silent kill.
Welcome aboard, dfonse. We're going to do this round robin style. I'll add your name to the bottom of the list. Once we get through the people above you, you'll get a chance at creating Ezio Auditore!
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfonse View Post

Okay, but we haven't started design yet. Also, we're taking turns (rotation on first post). I'm sure Balantai would put you in. As for the figure, we're looking more for avaible premade figures, and less for moded figures (although I see the resemblance.)
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinekng View Post
...we're looking more for avaible premade figures, and less for moded figures (although I see the resemblance.)
This is a good point. Let's try to use figures that alread exist. If you want to create a modded figure, that's fine for your custom games, but on the card, let's have use a figure that could be found.
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM

dfonse is surprisingly tart

Cool but, what figure is being made now?
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Important Note

In order to get your chance to design, you will need to be an active participator in this thread. That doesn't mean 10 posts per day. It doesn't mean you need to post every day, either. It just means that you contribute regularly in a positive manner. I'll be the judge, jury and executioner when it comes down to deciding who gets skipped/removed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum