Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 11th, 2007, 01:22 AM

Unomas is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
After moving...

Hey board! I just recently got into Heroscape this past week. I started playing it with my father and plan on playing it with my roommate as well. We have played a few games and absolutely love it! But I do have a question about something...

After moving and before attacking...Does this mean the figure can still attack normally after the special is used or does this special take the place of the attack and end the turn?

Thank you in advance for responses!
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:23 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Welcome!

If it's a special attack, it replaces the normal attack.
If it's just a special ability (anything that doesn't say Special Attack), you may attack afterward.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:58 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Hooray! Another new user with readable English!

Things are looking up for Heroscapers.

Welcome to the boards, Unomas.

Watch out for Aldin.
Old July 11th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Welcome!

If it's a special attack, it replaces the normal attack.
If it's just a special ability (anything that doesn't say Special Attack), you may attack afterward.
Actually, if the wording on the special, any special, says after moving before attacking, then you get to do both. Granted until now their have been no Special Attacks with that wording, but they could.

And just to be clear, a Special Attack always has the words Special Attack in the name of the ability and has a Range and Damage number. These attacks are not modified by height advantage or glyphs. There are other Specials that, while they seem like attacks, are not considered Special Attacks. Grimnak's Chomp is an example of this.

Hope this helped some. Welcome to the addictions.
Old July 11th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Unomas!

On behalf of our father/child gaming and Spanish speaking community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, who doesn't actually speak Spanish

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:10 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
I bet you don't have a father either.
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:02 PM

RaveN_ChilD is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: After moving...

special attacks don't always have a attack value. some special attacks use the 20 sided

i'm sorry this is incorrect i'm just used to people calling deadeye dan sharpshooter ablittly (sharpshooter spicial attack) i've looked at the card and you are correct

RaveN_ChilD

Last edited by RaveN_ChilD; June 12th, 2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveN_ChilD View Post
special attacks don't always have a attack value. some special attacks use the 20 sided
Sorry, that is not correct. Those without Range and Attack value are special abilities but are not defined as Special Attacks which are a special form of special ability.

Even powers that inflict wounds or that destroy a unit are not Special Attacks unless they say Special Attack and have Range and Attack values.
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:17 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveN_ChilD View Post
Sorry, that is not correct. Those without Range and Attack value are special abilities but are not defined as Special Attacks which are a special form of special ability.

Even powers that inflict wounds or that destroy a unit are not Special Attacks unless they say Special Attack and have Range and Attack values.
For completeness sake, Sujoah's Special Attack has a Range (1), Attack (4) and also additional damage dependent on a 20d roll. Several special attacks have ""special" damage rolls, but those are dependent on the size of the figure you're attacking (Shuriken) or how many elves are nearby (Rain of Flame, Fire Strike). Mimring's Fire Line Special Attack is the only Special Attack with a "special" range.

Sujoah's Special Attack is currently the only special attack with a 20d roll associated with it.

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
I bet you don't have a father either.
So you think he's a child of the force?
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:45 PM

dmacleod66 Woo who?

I have only been playing a short time, but the way i see it is if it says before attacking, you get to use that ability then attack.

take cyrpian esenwien- his chilling touch says after moving but before attacking, so the way i see it, you can use chilling touch then his normal attack.
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacleod66 View Post
I have only been playing a short time, but the way i see it is if it says before attacking, you get to use that ability then attack.

take cyrpian esenwien- his chilling touch says after moving but before attacking, so the way i see it, you can use chilling touch then his normal attack.
When it says "before attacking", you are correct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's