Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which dog would you want stalking you?
1. (left) Half n Half aka Pointer 28 14.51%
2. (right) Silver Paw 77 39.90%
3. (bottom) Wire Head aka Roadkill Resurrection 88 45.60%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 30th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I don't know why but everytime I look at the pictures or the figures it reminds me of Rusty the Narcoleptic dog....odd...

http://www.devilducky.com/media/8232/
I don't know why, but that narrator's voice makes me think that's what Nether's voice sounds like in R/L.
Poor Rusty, poor Nether.
Old August 30th, 2006, 05:17 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I voted numero uno because he looks smarter than the other two!!!
Old August 30th, 2006, 05:24 PM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
I voted #2. I like his "completed" look. That and his metal jaw is awesome. I still think it looks like these are 100% robots first with wolf fur covering. It looks more like the fur goes over metal completely, than having any sort of cybernetic replacement parts.
That's how I saw them too. I mean.... look at them... they are so large and so thin! They gotta be robots :P

It fits with the Deathreavers too, being the exceptionally large robot rats they are.

Glory to the Many.
Old August 30th, 2006, 05:50 PM

scaper dude has disabled reputation
I voted "The Silver Paw".

He looks the most evil.

When I first got these guys i just sat there looking at them for five minutes.

They're my favorite sculpts. (Next to Q9 and Brunak)
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:43 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
i like the #2 the other look like they cant bend their elbows or knees.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:54 PM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
Wire Head aka Roadkill Resurrection has my vote. I find the wires sticking out of his head very awesome looking.

Old August 31st, 2006, 12:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I like #2. Just seems meaner and more substantial.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 31st, 2006, 12:14 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Wire-head gets my vote.

I was able to get my hands on the last set of these at GenCon.

I honestly wasn't that excited about any of the sculpts. I took a break in my hotel room and busted them out.

Then I went and registered for the win-a-wave that night.

Thanks to Buddy Lee I was able to run the first Glad/Blast combo in a tourney formatt.

I was doing great until I met RY in the final game.

Thanks again BL!

Old August 31st, 2006, 02:22 PM

Thor has disabled reputation
These guys are huge! The Swog Rider looked small compared to the Marro Hounds, but compared to these guys it looks like a house cat! And also something I noticed is that their heads seem to be varying sizes. Number 1's head is really small, number 3's head is too large. Number 2 looks just right. I like the way his robotic parts look too, cept that silver paw, but other then that he is my favorite of the three sculpts.

And I agree about these figures looking all robotic with fur placed over their cybernetic skeletons. At least on numbers 1 and 3. On 2 though, he looks more wolf with robotic parts attached.
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:40 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
And I agree about these figures looking all robotic with fur placed over their cybernetic skeletons. At least on numbers 1 and 3. On 2 though, he looks more wolf with robotic parts attached.
I agree with this, but oddly it was #2 that first led me to believe they were robots in wolves clothing instead of cyborgs. If you take a look at his lower jaw, you can see it's exposed metal. What's more interesting is that it goes straight back and up instead of expanding to the sides. That looks more to me like it attaches to a single hinge in the back rather than two hinges on the side of the head. While the single hinge would be far superior for a machine designed to clamp, tear and shred something (like a pair of pliers), it would be a major hinderance if the poor wolf actually had to eat something.

And... now I've certainly over analyzed that....
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:52 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I went with Half n Half. I dig his pose. It's as if he's locked onto a target.

Speaking of Soulborgs, I wonder what level of intelligence they have. I always looked at Utgar's Soulborgs as unquestioning and unthinking, Jander's Snipers as able to think independantly or even talk and Vydar's robots as the supreme high intelligence Soulborgs.
Old August 31st, 2006, 06:01 PM

Thor has disabled reputation
I've always imagined Utgar's soulborgs behaving like the animals they are while the bipedial ones on his, Jandar, and Vydar's side are all of equal or greater intelligence then man. They are called SOULborgs after all, so they can't just be dumb robots like the Battle Driods in Star Wars.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units