Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 4th, 2015, 12:20 PM

Dasanteki is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Pricing question for complete set

Hi all! I played Heroscape way back in when it was still in production, but gave it up when it was cancelled. Now, I have steady income coming in and am looking to get back into it. This leads me to my question...

How much money am I going to have to spend to get one of EVERY official release these days? I don't need or really expect an exact number, but a ballpark estimate would be really helpful. Gotta know how to do my budget!

Thanks ahead of time for anyone who can help me out!

(oh, and I'm totally open to purchasing from people here)
Old May 4th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Pricing question for complete set

With 2x all commons, I would say in the area of about 3k.

I didn't price it all out, but that would be my best estimate.
Old May 4th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post

Ouch. I'd probably only be getting a single of each item to start, though. What drives the price up so much? The exclusives?
Old May 4th, 2015, 01:49 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasanteki View Post
Quote:

Ouch. I'd probably only be getting a single of each item to start, though. What drives the price up so much? The exclusives?
They are out of print. Supply and demand. The exclusives were hard to get but now are insanely priced. Normal units back in the day have doubled or tripled in price. I would probably cry if my collection got stolen or ruined. Even with me buying them when I did, I still spent a boatload of money.(not a canoe either.)

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 4th, 2015, 01:58 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasanteki View Post
Quote:

They are out of print. Supply and demand. The exclusives were hard to get but now are insanely priced. Normal units back in the day have doubled or tripled in price. I would probably cry if my collection got stolen or ruined. Even with me buying them when I did, I still spent a boatload of money.(not a canoe either.)
At this point we only play in tournaments anymore, but I would never get rid of my stuff. You can find people dumping lots every once in awhile, but the best time was right after they cancelled. That's when I got the majority of my collection on the cheap.
Old May 4th, 2015, 09:05 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Between 2006-2010 I paid around 2k by buying everything in bulk & on sale from Hasbro's website, always bought on black friday for free shipping & 50% off or at Walmart or Target when they liquidated stock for 10% of the original price. Have every figure and x4-5 of every common.

Estimated value was 6.5k in 2013 if that gives you a idea.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:26 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Minus exclusives and only 1x of commons, I'd say 2k - 2.5k. Commons are really expensive, as 4th Mass are at least $10, and Heavies are never found below $12. Uniques don't carry much value, the commons are what makes most of the price up. If you want to get into it, I recommend picking up around 2-5 of the commons you want, and grabbing uniques whenever you want, as most aren't that expensive. (Also, the most expensive commons on the list are ethier from wave 9, or wave 4.)

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old May 5th, 2015, 12:15 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Minus exclusives and only 1x of commons, I'd say 2k - 2.5k. Commons are really expensive, as 4th Mass are at least $10, and Heavies are never found below $12. Uniques don't carry much value, the commons are what makes most of the price up. If you want to get into it, I recommend picking up around 2-5 of the commons you want, and grabbing uniques whenever you want, as most aren't that expensive. (Also, the most expensive commons on the list are ethier from wave 9, or wave 4.)
Cough Aquilla's Alliance cough.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 5th, 2015, 01:52 AM

Thank you for all your help, guys. I WILL have a complete set!

...It just seems like it'll be a long term investment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion