Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old July 25th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeScreen
Ok, so in my attempt to participate in this wonderful HS forum of ours, I have spent many hours and found some scrumptious options. But first a couple of questions.

1. LilNewbie...back in your post (buried in this thread) about the headless horseman figure, you posted some pics. In the background of said pics there was another sweet figure. He looked like an animated tree or something like that. Where did you get that figure?

You mean this tree?

That is a terrain piece included in the Horrorclix starter set along with the two gravestones shown in the above picture.

Newb.
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:24 AM

SmokeScreen has disabled reputation
Quote:
You mean this tree?
Thats the one NewB! Thanks, I actually found out what it was shortly after I posted the question, but oh wells.

Quote:

Doggin custom maybe?
Thats what I might/would probably do!

Quote:
Hopefully comicon stuff will push this over the top (100 pages).
Yea...I think it will, I'm actually from San Diego and would give my left one to go, but I'm on the last 2 weeks of my MBA program in Oregon. HOWEVER! I have sent notice to my fellow foot soldiers (ok, my buddies back home) to take some sweet pics and send em to me. I will IMMEDIATELY post them if they do. Last year, there was enough eye candy to give your retinas a cavity! Boing!

"It makes no difference what men think of War. War endures. War was always here. Before man was, War waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner."
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:42 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
I'm actually from San Diego and would give my left one to go.
Your left what? Kidney? Lung? Leg? -handed butler? That typo leaves a lot of questions,

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 26th, 2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Your left what? Kidney? Lung? Leg? -handed butler? That typo leaves a lot of questions,
My left nay-nay you silly guy...:P

But while we are on suuuuch a role, there are more pics I have to post. Shun me if you want, but I believe that McFarlane Dragons are some of the hottest sculpts EVER. As Necro explained in another thread...most are much too big, but some can be adapted with minimal modding thanks to their body position. And the great part? They're all prepainted to a veeeery high standard! I'll post some of my McFarlane Dragon mods up soon, promise guys! But until then, about 2 weeks ago, the pics for series 7 were released. Enjoy.

Hydra boxed model

Ice Dragon

Warrior Dragon

Fire Dragon (actually based upon the series 1 model and repainted with some other mods)

the EXACT same water dragon model as series 1, but painted with lame ace "fire" colors. I think the first 2 are the best in this set...

"It makes no difference what men think of War. War endures. War was always here. Before man was, War waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner."
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:24 AM

Since we're on a role...why not post the series 6 set....(THE BEST McFarlane Set EVER)

Would this bad boy make a sweet supreme Marro Dragon or what? He is the boxed set of this series...

the Warrior dragon. This guy would be the easiest of the set to mod, because he stands upright and hence would use less hexes to base. He might be able to fit on a 2 hex base its stable enough, AND theres already a "saddle" up top to place a sweet viking fig or something similar!

This one is the scavenger dragon. Again, because he is flying and "out of the way" he can be modded too. And, if you're careful, I'm sure you could make that crumbled wall on the base part of some terrain for HS. It seems it would match nicely with the other walls HS offers. I used the fire dragon from series 4 in much the same way, (I know, I know, I'll post pics later! ) I took a large single base, pushed the rod through the middle, and stacked rocks up near the base to for balast and support of the suspending model. It worked well because its out of the way of adjacent minis, AND it gives the sweet impression he's diving down to spray some enemies with fire!

Ice Dragon...that little woman standing next to the dragon is a much smaller scale than the boxed set HS figs..

Hunter dragon. I love the pose on this model, it would be especially neat to mount a HS fig up top, the difficult thing with this one would be seeing how much of the map he takes up because hes on all fours...hard to tell IMO without seeing the actual model. Supposedly, these are all around the 6" range.

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:01 PM

krai Woo who?
Quote:

Would this bad boy make a sweet supreme Marro Dragon or what? He is the boxed set of this series...
Well if you play D&D you would call that a Dracolich

The first step to stoping egomainia is admiting that I have a problem...
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:54 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Hiram Goldstein...Rabbi of Doom

No Mohel Mr Nice Guy
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Since we are at a bit of a dry spell with official units

Here are some of the Reaper PREPAINTED mini line.

Nice, but I think they could use an ink wash and dry brush.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Had to put this up, too

close up of figures

WOW this thing is big:

WIZKIDS UNVEILS EXCLUSIVE HALO 3 SCARAB AT SAN DIEGO 2007 COMIC-CON

Bellevue, WA (July 25, 2007) WizKids, Inc. today released its collector’s edition battle-damaged Halo 3 Scarab figure at Comic-Con (booth #2743 at the San Diego Convention Center). The figure, which is the largest miniature (24” x 24” x 20”) WizKids has ever produced, was displayed as part of the public debut of the Halo® ActionClix™ Collectable Miniatures Game. One lucky winner walked away with the figure, which is priced at $250. Other show attendees have been submitting their names for the opportunity to buy one of 500 show-exclusive battle-damaged Scarabs. This never-before-seen battle-damaged Scarab featured in Halo 3, is a towering Covenant tank, upheld on four long mechanical legs. It is the largest ground vehicle in the Halo universe, and its armor is highly resistant to human and Covenant weapons alike. Recent UNSC intelligence reports indicate the best way to take the Scarab down is to climb aboard and tear it apart from the inside.

The Halo ActionClix game brings the incredible content of the Halo universe to players’ tabletops via the award-winning Clix miniatures game engine. Players are able to replicate the exciting multiplayer action from all three Halo games using high-quality pre-painted, plastic miniatures of Halo characters and vehicles. Players field teams in battles of Halo’s USNC, Covenant or mixed teams, and are able to jump right into the action and enjoy Halo game mechanics, including weapon swaps, figure re-spawning and vehicle-based combat. Each game piece has a unique combat dial that lists their constantly evolving stats, and a character card that list specific abilities of that piece. Using different “move and shoot” capabilities, as well as blocking terrain (walls and debris), players move their pieces – vying for the best shot to take down their opponent’s pieces.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

That thing is monstrous!
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:14 AM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Had to put this up, too

close up of figures

WOW this thing is big:

WIZKIDS UNVEILS EXCLUSIVE HALO 3 SCARAB AT SAN DIEGO 2007 COMIC-CON

Bellevue, WA (July 25, 2007) WizKids, Inc. today released its collector’s edition battle-damaged Halo 3 Scarab figure at Comic-Con (booth #2743 at the San Diego Convention Center). The figure, which is the largest miniature (24” x 24” x 20”) WizKids has ever produced, was displayed as part of the public debut of the Halo® ActionClix™ Collectable Miniatures Game. One lucky winner walked away with the figure, which is priced at $250. Other show attendees have been submitting their names for the opportunity to buy one of 500 show-exclusive battle-damaged Scarabs. This never-before-seen battle-damaged Scarab featured in Halo 3, is a towering Covenant tank, upheld on four long mechanical legs. It is the largest ground vehicle in the Halo universe, and its armor is highly resistant to human and Covenant weapons alike. Recent UNSC intelligence reports indicate the best way to take the Scarab down is to climb aboard and tear it apart from the inside.

The Halo ActionClix game brings the incredible content of the Halo universe to players’ tabletops via the award-winning Clix miniatures game engine. Players are able to replicate the exciting multiplayer action from all three Halo games using high-quality pre-painted, plastic miniatures of Halo characters and vehicles. Players field teams in battles of Halo’s USNC, Covenant or mixed teams, and are able to jump right into the action and enjoy Halo game mechanics, including weapon swaps, figure re-spawning and vehicle-based combat. Each game piece has a unique combat dial that lists their constantly evolving stats, and a character card that list specific abilities of that piece. Using different “move and shoot” capabilities, as well as blocking terrain (walls and debris), players move their pieces – vying for the best shot to take down their opponent’s pieces.

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 27th, 2007, 10:58 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Not really custom ready when you consider that it wouldn't be able to keep more than 2 feet on most offical maps. That haloclix figure between it's legs is a larger scale that heroclix.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions