Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Future Cavalry

Yeah, but Pegasuses* are manly. Unicorns are not.

*Pegasi?
Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post

*Pegasi?
A regular horse does not have a deadly spike on it's forehead, does it? Therefore unicorn > regular horse on the manliness scale.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:30 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Here's your bug cavalry.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:36 AM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Here's your bug cavalry.

I think the Airborne Elite with their Grenades would do rather well against these fellows....

DeadEye
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:43 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

*Pegasi?
If you really want to get down to it, it'd just be "winged horses," because Pegasus was the name of a specific horse with wings, who went on adventures with Bellerophon against the Chimera and the Amazons. Calling them all by the same name would be like calling martial arts masters "Bruce Lees," or U.S. presidents "George Washingtons." The plural, though, would be "Pegasi."

Or you could go with an adjectival: pegasoid, or pegasonian, or pegasid, or so on or so forth.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old December 23rd, 2008, 03:08 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

offtopic: In Heroes of Might and Magic III, Unicorns weren't girly and were tough tanks.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 03:16 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Here's your bug cavalry.

I cannot remember the name of that movie! I saw it so long ago... Any help with the title?

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
Here's your bug cavalry.

I cannot remember the name of that movie! I saw it so long ago... Any help with the title?
Quote:
Would you like to know more?
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:12 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
Here's your bug cavalry.

Starship Troopers.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:

*Pegasi?
I don't know where you get that a Unicorn isn't very manly. The thing has a phallic horn right on its head. Chicks like horses, which may as well be iconic male beauty. It's really just over masculinizing a masculine symbol. Think about it, only the "good girls" should even be able to see a unicorn.
[/tongue in cheek]
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
offtopic: In Heroes of Might and Magic III, Unicorns weren't girly and were tough tanks.
Booyah, HOMM III! Played that thing until unholy hours back in the day. Almost ruined my grades in high school. Still feel myself itching to reinstall it and play a few rounds, event today.

Also, booyah war unicorns, and pretty much every unit in that game.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that since the squad will be the only figures in the pack due to their plastic count, they should have a bit more pressence and swing on the battlefield.
Secondly, I think they should be more than merely units with move of 8.

I'm thinking Hit-and-Run tactics, flanking, a heavy mount squad with Trample Stomp!, movement formations that wedge through oppositions forcing S/M figures to dash aside or get bashed themselves, perhaps charge+single figure trample, etc..etc..
Obviously the cavalry squad wouldn't have all these abilities. But take one of these ideas, flesh them out and then asign it to the appropriate general.

I remember books and movies and the like where footsoldiers quake at the thought of mounted opposition

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion