Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:41 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Switching Figures while Moving

I played a game with my brother and he was using the Knights of Weston (KoW) with Sir Denrick. They bond (duh). So Denrick moves before the KoWs right? Can he switch Denrick with a KoW? Meaning that he tried to end his move on his own guy (a KoW) and move the KoW to where Denrick moved through.

It made no sense to me but he feels that he lost the game because I ruled that the move was illegal (long story that isn't relevant. Krug was involved).

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:47 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Switching Figures while Moving

I'm not completely sure I follow you: did he want to finish his Denrick move on a space that a KoW was one and move the KoW out at the same time?

If so, then no, you can't do that. You can't take simultaneous moves.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

I'm confused.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:30 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatee View Post
I'm not completely sure I follow you: did he want to finish his Denrick move on a space that a KoW was one and move the KoW out at the same time?

If so, then no, you can't do that. You can't take simultaneous moves.
Sorry if it was confusing, I wasn't really sure how to better explain it. Yes that is what I meant. Thanks for the answer! He argued that bonding made them all act like the same card (all figures move at once).

Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:58 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

The move your brother attempted is not allowed by the rules. The two turns allowed by bonding aren't simultaneous - one card takes a turn, then the other card takes a turn.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:09 AM

felnar is surprisingly tart

This is going to be a minor threadjack, but I came here to ask a question and found this very similar thread. Soooo...

Can you move squad members simultaneously (members of the same squad)?
For example, could you move Krav#1 one space, then Krav#2 two spaces, then Krav#1 two more spaces?
Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:16 AM

All figures in a squad move the number on the card each. Meaning Krav #1 can move 6 Krav #2 can move 6 Krav #3 can move 6. All in what ever order you please as long as no one Krav moves more than his/her allotted amount of move.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:12 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

I think felnar meant could you move one squaddie less than their full move, move another squaddie, and then come back to the original for additional movement. If so, then no. Complete the move and then move on (although in friendly games I'll let my opponent say "Oh wait, I meant to move that guy one more space" if he didn't move his full amount already).
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:21 AM

I figured it was common courtesy to let your opponent take their full move all redoes included, but once they attack there is no more moving.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:27 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by felnar View Post
For example, could you move Krav#1 one space, then Krav#2 two spaces, then Krav#1 two more spaces?
OK, I'm not sure I understand, but I think the answer is "there is no time it could be necessary."

You can move through friendly figures (yours or an allies) as much as you want. You don't need to move Krav #2 out of the way for Krav 1 to move through his space.

Now, on the other hand, if you are doing this in order to move Krav #1 into the space Krav #2 is occupying, then I don't think it would be legal, but again I don't see how it would be necessary. Just move Krav #2 first?
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by felnar View Post
OK, I'm not sure I understand, but I think the answer is "there is no time it could be necessary."

You can move through friendly figures (yours or an allies) as much as you want. You don't need to move Krav #2 out of the way for Krav 1 to move through his space.

Now, on the other hand, if you are doing this in order to move Krav #1 into the space Krav #2 is occupying, then I don't think it would be legal, but again I don't see how it would be necessary. Just move Krav #2 first?
Agreed, if you look at it that way its not necessary. Maybe if you were looking to switch the 2 krav's positions? Again this isn't necissary. Maybe you want to hold that spot (a low Glyph lets say) and one is shorter and can't be seen from there, also the other is taller and can see something to shoot that the first could not.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:03 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

On a similar topic, is it allowed to use the same figure as two different squad members? This sounds really complicated, but it's really not.

One Izumi Samurai is six hexes in front of the other. Can I take the one in back and move it six hexes to where the other one is, then move it another six? It really doesn't matter, because if it isn't allowed I can just move the front one first, but sometimes I think it's easier to just keep using the same guy.

Also, can you switch figures of the same squad?

Example 1: The Yellow/Tan/Whitish Tarn Viking Warrior wants to go under a bridge that he is allowed to go under because of his height, but the fact that he is holding his sword straight up in the air prevents him from doing so. Can I switch him with the Blue Tarn Viking Warrior whose sculpt is not so high and move him under?

Example 2: Say I'm playing Zombies. I'm particularly fond of the one with the club. Every time one of the zombies with a club is destroyed, I remove it from the board, but then replace a different zombie with it. Is this allowed?

Example 3: I have only three Airborne Elite left. The short one died already. If another one runs behind an object that doesn't fully conceal his head, can I switch that figure with the short one so he is concealed? If I can do that, can I switch the figure back to shoot, and then back to the short one to hide?

Of all of these, the only one I've actually seen done is example two. I'm not sure what I would do with example 1, but I don't think I would allow example 3.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's