Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2017, 06:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Shifting Realms by Craig & Jeff Van Ness

As someone who has playtested the first version of the game, I like what I'm seeing, and most especially the card art. Now your new custom Universe is coming to life. Will the rules book feature selections from it, as games these days often do?

I'm thinking specifically of Rising Sun, one of the very few Kickstarters I've backed. Although I didn't reserve their full bore Art Book, they'll be showing a nice selection of their art in their rules books.

Last edited by chas; September 22nd, 2017 at 08:05 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:54 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nice improvements! I liked the old box fine, but the new one is cool too, just in a different direction. The new boards, cards and meeples are definitely better than before, though.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:47 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

It's a slow process isn't it guys? The production phase can make or break a game. I don't care how good the mechanics are, the game is initially judged by its production values.
Old September 26th, 2017, 11:19 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
As someone who has playtested the first version of the game, I like what I'm seeing, and most especially the card art. Now your new custom Universe is coming to life. Will the rules book feature selections from it, as games these days often do?

I'm thinking specifically of Rising Sun, one of the very few Kickstarters I've backed. Although I didn't reserve their full bore Art Book, they'll be showing a nice selection of their art in their rules books.
Thanks Chas,
We wanted to keep the instructions concise, 8 pages including the cover. We updated the graphics for the rules too.
Old September 26th, 2017, 11:23 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
It's a slow process isn't it guys? The production phase can make or break a game. I don't care how good the mechanics are, the game is initially judged by its production values.
Yes. It can be a slow process. I am glad we failed our first KS, because now we have a better looking game!
Old September 26th, 2017, 11:36 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

@Craig Van Ness , @Augray After watching the latest it's game time, I am thoroughly impressed with the changes. The box art looks fantastic and reflects the way warriors from different realms do battle. The new realm boards and card art are more visually appealing, and I'm liking the new custom meeples. Keep up the good work guys! I'm looking forward to this game!
Old October 16th, 2017, 11:56 AM

Our KS will launch October 25th.

Check out the preview from Tantrum House.

Old October 16th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I really like the concept, and the graphics and art are better. This is a good video, in that it presents the game as something new. I am sure you struggled with the decisions about presentation of the army figures, and I really like the differentiated meeples. Looks good, Craig, good luck to you and Jeff!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I really like the concept, and the graphics and art are better. This is a good video, in that it presents the game as something new. I am sure you struggled with the decisions about presentation of the army figures, and I really like the differentiated meeples. Looks good, Craig, good luck to you and Jeff!
Thanks Dad Scaper!
Old October 26th, 2017, 09:52 AM

It is live!
Old October 26th, 2017, 10:05 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Looks awesome! Considering you guys are at 60% after less than 24 hours, your Kickstarter will surely succeed!
Old October 26th, 2017, 10:13 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Great video, guys. Best of luck!

Come back here to Brooklyn any time; you're always welcome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games