Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old June 30th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Warlord Alpha's Map and Scenario Thread (New: 6/29)

Cool concept WA. I also like the fact that I can park a GIE on a water space, a glyph, and a shadow tile a the same time. Not that he gets a shadow bonus, but he makes one heck of a roadblock.
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:35 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Love Tombspawn's Trench! 3 master sets, that's my magic number!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 5th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Cool concept WA. I also like the fact that I can park a GIE on a water space, a glyph, and a shadow tile a the same time. Not that he gets a shadow bonus, but he makes one heck of a roadblock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Love Tombspawn's Trench! 3 master sets, that's my magic number!
Thanks guys! It certainly is an interesting concept, mainly just the result of me messing around with the shadow tiles late one night. I don't know how playable it is, I am worried about camping on those perches, but none of my friends like to sit back and camp so I don't know how bad the problem actually is.

About the GIE, it's really funny when the trench gets all clogged up. There's just a mass of figures that ends up around there. Everyone just kind of threw their bodies at the glyphs.
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here are my maps from Darkmage's Map Building Challenge thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha

All right, here are two maps I made.

Spoiler Alert!

Conflagration is the result of me trying as hard as possible to not use the castle walls. I think it worked out pretty well. There are some convenient Hot Lava Death opportunities on the map (nothing is quite as satisfying as knocking a figure off a glyph and into lava) and the only height is Lava Field. Also, it should be noted that it is always faster to access the height through the middle rather than going around - this means that melee moving up the middle can actually get to the height faster than ranged figures that are trying to avoid the mosh pit.

Combustion is the result of me admitting that I could much more easily make a balanced map using uncapped castle walls. Once again, there are some good opportunities here to throw/push/pull/drop enemy figures into lava. But besides that, the extensive network of road just really helps melee and the glyphs can't be attacked from height, which means that range is going to have a hard time maintaining its usual dominance on this map.

Both maps are, of course, extremely double-spaced friendly.
Old September 5th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Caster of Crying

Re: Warlord Alpha's Map and Scenario Thread (New: 7/13)

Copied from OP:

Spoiler Alert!

The first is a brand-new map: Reclamation Plant B. After seeing the potential of uncapped pillars with the Rhode Island Rampage map building challenge I decided to try it without the terrain restriction. If you get a chance to play on this map make sure to tell me how it goes!

Also, I finally got around to updating Combustion. Darkmage7a improved upon my original design, now it plays better and is more balanced.
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: Warlord Alpha's Map and Scenario Thread (New: 9/5)

These are some great maps! The map Reclamation Point B looks really nice.
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the looks of Reclamation Plant B. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but it it looks like a great use for uncapped pillars. I'm a little unsure about the start zones though. It looks like you could easily explain them if you moves the three spots on high road to the low grass in front. Like I said haven't played it yet so I'm not sure what that would do to gameplay aside from unbalancing the glyphs. I like the large flat raised combat area in the center, movement aplenty and it is normally hard to justify without heavy LoS blockers. Great use of uncapped pillars there. Not sure if you knew this but using ladders over half height tiles isn't allowed. You're combating to rules with one map. heh.

I look forward to playing on it sometime.
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
I like the looks of Reclamation Plant B. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but it it looks like a great use for uncapped pillars. I'm a little unsure about the start zones though. It looks like you could easily explain them if you moves the three spots on high road to the low grass in front. Like I said haven't played it yet so I'm not sure what that would do to gameplay aside from unbalancing the glyphs.
Well, two reasons. The last 3 rows of the map consist of 27 spaces, so 3 spaces from the last 3 rows had to be unused. I wanted to put as many start zone spaces on the road as possible, but also one side would be 9 spaces away from the glyph, whereas the other would be 8 spaces away from the glyph. So by giving those 3 to the road, I made the distance to the glyphs even (both 9).

Now, on first glance it may look like one side has easier access to the glyphs, but in reality they are even. The "left" side (with the raised portion of the road) has 7 spaces that allow a single-spaced figure with 5 move to reach the glyph in 2 turns. The seven spaces are first four (two rows of two) grass spaces to the left of the road, and the 3 spaces on the road itself! Because you can move 8 spaces from the road, you end up within 4 or 5 spaces of the glyph. That means, as I said, 7 figures with 5 move can reach the glyph in just two turns.

As for the "right" side (with the level 1 road), there are 8 spaces where a single-spaced figure with 5 move can reach the glyph in two turns. The 5 on the far right and the 3 on the road.

So really, both sides get a huge bonus to deployment with the roads, and both sides, no matter how they arrange their figures, have basically exactly the same opportunity to grab either glyph.

Yeah, it took a while to get the glyph placement and such right.

Quote:
Not sure if you knew this but using ladders over half height tiles isn't allowed. You're combating to rules with one map. heh.
Crap. I did not know that. Well, BoV doesn't allow uncapped pillars so I might as well break two rules at once

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; September 9th, 2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Just read this over and realized how unclear the first couple sentences were
Old February 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM

Heroscapeguy Woo who?

I am in love with your maps! I recently built overun, which is even better then I expected. What is your secret? My maps always turn out kind of flat, and I need some advice.

The only thing wrong with vacations is that there's no Heroscape!
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:30 PM

Corzan is surprisingly tart

Love Contamination! Awesome map for three players. +rep!

Kinda (sorta) taking a break from HSers. Check out Toraili, a group effort by me and I Hate Atlaga.

And if there's one thread I'll still post in, it's the Minecraft thread, here.
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:45 AM

lorik Woo who?

Wow. those are some great maps. Do you have any that use just the RotV tiles for us noobs who only have one set?
Old June 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Caster of Crying

Heh, thanks guys! I just played my first heroscape game in months, so expect some new maps very, very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscapeguy View Post
I am in love with your maps! I recently built overun, which is even better then I expected. What is your secret? My maps always turn out kind of flat, and I need some advice.
My secret? Hmmm. Not really even sure I have one. If I don't already have something in mind I just kind of play with the terrain pieces until I find something interesting, then I just kind of build around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorik View Post
Wow. those are some great maps. Do you have any that use just the RotV tiles for us noobs who only have one set?
No, but that's a good challenge, I'll take that on soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios