Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 15th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 15th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, that's saying something.

Did you like it?

edit: And can I have that Ashes poster?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 15th, 2015, 01:00 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Maybe Issac will talk about it on the next PHPodcast.
Old July 15th, 2015, 01:21 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This is a five player planes walker free for all. We have played the game several times around the office. It works well for the multiplayer. Goes by much faster because you're not dealing with order markers.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 15th, 2015, 02:18 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Here are a couple pictures of the AotP booth at Comic-Con. I couldn't find any close-up pictures of the display cases on the wall. I wonder if there was a sneak peek at future expansions. Guess we will have to wait for news from GenCon.

Edit: Nevermind. The display case in the middle is a Jace and Chandra Funko-Pop bobble-head. The one on the right is MTG: Origins.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; July 15th, 2015 at 02:45 AM.
Old July 15th, 2015, 06:04 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I had a chance to play this last Saturday with @tom and enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the things I enjoyed most about it was the card play and the squads having multiple hit points.

The game is screaming for expansions and should really shine if they happen.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old July 15th, 2015, 07:18 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had a chance to play Heroscape the Gathering yesterday and it was fun. Will never replace Scape for me, but if it gets more people interested in playing, I'm down. When I told everyone around the game about Heroscape they were intrigued. I found it interesting that most of them had never heard of Heroscape, although they were all Magic players. Maybe it will draw in some of them. I miss the order markers, but the card play is a nice addition.
Old July 15th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
.....and some people might want to just play the game as it is.

I'm starting to think Arena should have an entire sub forum, like Marvel, for custom and official topics.
I agree completely
I too agree. Maybe we can contact an admin? I don't know who has editing privilages.
To prevent unnecessary contacting and all that, you should know that it is being discussed.
Don't want to **** in your Cheerios here but I was under the impression that this is a Heroscape fan site. This new game does not say Heroscape anywhere on it and thus should remain in "other games".
Old July 15th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm starting to think Arena should have an entire sub forum, like Marvel, for custom and official topics.
I agree completely
I too agree. Maybe we can contact an admin? I don't know who has editing privilages.
To prevent unnecessary contacting and all that, you should know that it is being discussed.
Don't want to **** in your Cheerios here but I was under the impression that this is a Heroscape fan site. This new game does not say Heroscape anywhere on it and thus should remain in "other games".
You are correct that it does not say the word HeroScape anywhere on it. However, a rose, by any other name...

I said we were discussing it, not that it is a done deal. It may not happen. However, if it does, that will not take any of the HeroScape out of the site. Besides, if this is a HeroScape fan site, why do we even have an "OFF TOPIC" section (with such forum titles as "General," "Other Media," and even "Other Games")? Personally, I think that M:tG:AotP is, in a big part, HeroScape. If it were to get its own sub forum (which you don't even need to visit) then that's ok. However, it is not up to me, so I can' tell you what will happen.

And you are also right that you do not want to **** in my Cheerios.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 15th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
This is a five player planes walker free for all. We have played the game several times around the office. It works well for the multiplayer. Goes by much faster because you're not dealing with order markers.
Super fast. We haven't had a 2-player game go past 10 turns yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 15th, 2015, 09:15 AM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

This is going to go the way of Battleship Galaxies. Scapers want more heroscape and Mtg players stick to their overpriced decks of cards. If they actually integrate this with heroscape or put out official rules for play, it could help. But this really isn't bridging any gaps as it is an entirely new and different game. I still have my copy and will play as a standalone and also play some custom stuff. I won't hold my breath for expansions or integration.

PM me about any custom scenery
Old July 15th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree completely
I would call it Heroscape related. I think it would be silly not to accept this as a Heroscape product since the compatibility is extreme.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion