Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old July 10th, 2014, 01:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
The Holocron of Swamps of Dagobah

The Holocron of Swamps of Dagobah

Set name here

A HoSS Competetive Map

Required sets: 2 SotM, 2 RtFF, 1 TJ

Map Bio- This Jungle world, full of hostile swamps and creatures, is a dangerous and deadly place for adventurers and armies alike. It was made home to the small exiled Jedi Master Yoda after Order 66 was put into effect. The powerful dark side cave nearby masked his presence from the Sith Lords, who searched the galaxy for his whereabouts.

-Special rules and Clarifications- Marro Hives are not to be placed on the map unless drafted by an army.(placed for use of Hive swamp tile.)
-Glyph of Astrid to be placed in the middle of the Map.(as shown.)

SWAMP CREATURE (Optional Rule)
Whenever a small or medium figure ends its move on a swamp water tile, you must roll the 20-sided die.
- If you roll a 3 or lower, that figure's turn immediately ends and that figure receives one wound.
- If you roll a 4-7, that figure's turn immediately ends.
- If you roll a 8 or higher, nothing happens.
At the end of each round, any small or medium figure that is on a swamp water tile must roll for the Swamp Creature subtracting 4 from their roll.
-Figures with the Hover Repulsorlift Special Power do not have to roll for the Swamp Creature.

SWAMP WATER FOG (Optional Rule)
Figures must be within 4 clear sight spaces of a small or medium figure on a Swamp Water space to target it with a normal attack or for any special power which requires clear sight.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• First playtest: (Yodaking)
• Second playtest: (Trex)
• Third playtest: (Koolster25)
• Map created by: (Karat)
• PDF created by: DaneiLoche

Here are some shots of the map built.
Spoiler Alert!

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by mac122; January 12th, 2021 at 02:40 PM.
Old July 10th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Design Holocron of Swamps of Dagobah (Design Phase)

Ok, we're up and running finally. I look at this later tonight and maybe move some things around, granted I am contemplating maybe a Swamp Creature special rule. What do you all think of that?
Old July 10th, 2014, 02:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

What would the Swamp Creature Special Rule look like?

Please post the build file here so we can take a close look at the map lay out.
Old July 10th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Not exactly sure, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe ranndom movement with a chance for damage?

I'll get the file posted when I head back to the college in a bit.
Old July 10th, 2014, 03:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Now I see where you are going with that. You are talking about the thing that tries to eat R2 but then spits him out. Yeah, having a 'swamp creature' lurking in the swamp water tiles seems like a fun idea.

Maybe a D20 roll for each figure that ends their turn on a swamp water space. Different numbers result in different things, droids don't receive damage.

1-4, non-droid figures receive 1 wound.
5-8, figure is stuck and can not move until freed by an friendly adjacent figure.
9+, nothing happens.
Old July 10th, 2014, 03:33 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Was it R2's Droidness that saved him, or his Resourcefullness? Maybe he rolled a 4
Old July 10th, 2014, 04:06 PM
C3G Landlord

I thought they seemed to indicate in the movie that the creature tried to eat him but spit him out when it discovered that he was not made of flesh and bones. I suppose we really don't know what happened under the water though so perhaps R2 used his saw to cut the creature or spit motor oil down the creatures throat.
Old July 10th, 2014, 04:28 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

YK - I seem to recall that you created a Yoda's Dagobah house map. I think it was before you joined the group officially. Is that something you want to revive?
Old July 10th, 2014, 04:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I played a few games on it a while ago and the 'building' part did not play very well. You could not easily move your figures through it. I did tinker with the basic design some more and turned the 'building' into ruins with no roof. If you all are interested and I can find the file, I'll post it up in the BoSS thread for you guys to look at.
Old July 10th, 2014, 04:43 PM

OK.
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Now moves with Flying.

VS File link added to the OP.

That is a decent start for the swamp creature YK, but I was thinking more like this.

Whenever a Figure enters or would begin its movement on a swamp water space, roll the 20- sided die....

Then remove the current glyphs and put the only glyph in the center of the swamp.
Old July 14th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Alright, I moved the glyphs down into the swamp to encourage use of the swamp water.

Revised Version

Honestly, that's all I did was move the glyphs, but I am seriously thinking about the swamp creature rule.

What do you think of something like this?

Whenever a figure would enter or begin its movement on a swamp water tile, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll:[*] 1-4, non-droid figures receive 1 wound.[*] 1-8, that figure's movement immediately ends.

I think if the figure takes a wound, they should be "stuck" as well. Thoughts?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape