Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 1st, 2012, 10:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

The more I see about King of Tokyo, the more I think I should get it. It seems like a real fun game for all kinds of people.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:58 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
The more I see about King of Tokyo, the more I think I should get it. It seems like a real fun game for all kinds of people.
It is fun, as long as everyone gets into it. And make sure nobody is hiding their life and victory points either.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
We played Village tonight. In a strange turn of events, this time I won. Didn't even see it coming.
How was it? Do you think a 9yr old can handle it?

-----

A much better month as far as game count goes than last July (35 this year as opposed to just 24 last).

Neuroshima Hex! 8
Scrabble 5
Defenders of the Realm 3
Bears! 2
Lords of Waterdeep 2
Lost Cities 2
Takenoko 2
Ticket to Ride: Europe 2
Citadels 1
Cosmic Encounter 1
Hey, That's My Fish! 1
Ingenious 1
Lords of Vegas 1
Pandemic 1
Solitaire for Two 1
Stone Age 1
Wooly Bully 1

-insert signature here-
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
We played Village tonight. In a strange turn of events, this time I won. Didn't even see it coming.
Possibly; it depends on the 9 year old. There is a bunch of different ways you need to strategize, and lots of decisions to make. Plus, it may help introduce the concept of death to kids, as your family members "grow old" and eventually pass on (which is a major mechanic in the game). There is only one item that is hidden information (one of the elements gives VP that are hidden until the endgame once given) so advice can be handed out without relying on incomplete information.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:49 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I took a few games to Legacy last night and got Red Dragon Inn, Summoner Wars and For Sale to the table.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:29 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
It is fun, as long as everyone gets into it. And make sure nobody is hiding their life and victory points either.
Yeah, we played this at the Dice Tower Con and really liked it. (In fact, it was the only game to have 8 concurrent (unplanned) games going. People loved it, CoolStuff (who was on site with games) sold out each day of their King of Tokyo supply.

That said, some don't like it. They just don't get into it, like Jim says. If you aren't willing to invest just a bit in the idea that you're rampaging monsters playing King of the Hill in Tokyo then it's hard to enjoy it.

But yes, we bought it (and only bought 2 games total) and my wife and I, my younger brother, and all my kids (girls and boys, tweens and young 'uns) all liked it.

Just expect fun, fast, light and you should get what you want.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Possibly; it depends on the 9 year old. There is a bunch of different ways you need to strategize, and lots of decisions to make. Plus, it may help introduce the concept of death to kids, as your family members "grow old" and eventually pass on (which is a major mechanic in the game). There is only one item that is hidden information (one of the elements gives VP that are hidden until the endgame once given) so advice can be handed out without relying on incomplete information.

Thanks Jim. I was very excited about this one when it frst came out, but I've backed off a bit since I'm not sure if my son will want to play it. We're both big on theme, but it's the mechanics that are drawing me to this one... not so sure it will work for him though. To the Try Before Buy list.

-insert signature here-
Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:23 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

Quote:
I like it and so do my kids. Its fun and very enjoyable rolling those oversized dice. Its fast paced which allows multiple games in a row and still not be bored with it. It can also play up to 6 players which is nice too. its not entirely luck based since there is some strategy involved with what to save on the dice, when to leave Tokyo, what cards to buy, and card combos etc.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, we played this at the Dice Tower Con and really liked it. (In fact, it was the only game to have 8 concurrent (unplanned) games going. People loved it, CoolStuff (who was on site with games) sold out each day of their King of Tokyo supply.

That said, some don't like it. They just don't get into it, like Jim says. If you aren't willing to invest just a bit in the idea that you're rampaging monsters playing King of the Hill in Tokyo then it's hard to enjoy it.

But yes, we bought it (and only bought 2 games total) and my wife and I, my younger brother, and all my kids (girls and boys, tweens and young 'uns) all liked it.

Just expect fun, fast, light and you should get what you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarovichx View Post
Quote:
I like it and so do my kids. Its fun and very enjoyable rolling those oversized dice. Its fast paced which allows multiple games in a row and still not be bored with it. It can also play up to 6 players which is nice too. its not entirely luck based since there is some strategy involved with what to save on the dice, when to leave Tokyo, what cards to buy, and card combos etc.

Thanks fellas. It sounds like a nice easy and fun game. Of course my list of games to get keeps growing, but my wallet isn't getting any fatter.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I've been playing Summoner Wars on my iPad this past week. My record is currently about 1 win and 7 or 8 losses. I'm still playing a series of games against the first opponent I've played against. I've also been playing a series of games against Akden. I don't plan to have more than two games going at any one time, so I'm currently happy helping them improve their win/loss records.

I tend to play fairly well most of the time, but I usually make one or two really fatal moves that snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It really is nice to face other opponents, because there are things I'm discovering about my play that playing solo simply doesn't reveal.

I've gone through the rules of Hornet Leader: CAO, so I'll be playing that soon once I've punched and stored my counters. I've been following various videos, and there's a really interesting video series someone posted on Phantom Leader, which is a similar system. Once I've had a chance with Hornet Leader, I'll give Field Commander: Napoleon a shot provided it arrives by then.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Star Wars: Epic Duels for the sake of nostalgia. I was Yoda, My opponents were Mace Windu and the emperor. I goaded Mace Windu into attacking the Emperor, and allowed the emperor to keep a you will die assuming it would be used against Mace, which it was, sand I killed him while he retreated. I then attempted to charge the emperor, but I couldn't catch him and he won a war of attrition.
Anyone have experience with both Epic Duels and our very own Star Wars fan-project? How do they compare?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:54 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Got in three games of Summoner Wars with a friend today. I went 2-1 for the day. The third game was one of the most memorable wins that I can remember. It was my Vanguards vs. his Benders and I've got to say, the Benders are annoying, but this game it was like 10x worse. Right away he locked up like 7 guys with his Deceivers, and I couldn't get anything going. Then towards the end he stole both my Summoning Surges and Magic Drained me in the same turn. Counter Summoned the Shield of Light gal (can't think of her name). That actually allowed my to summon Kalon without worrying about counter summon. From there I just had to try and track down Tacullu while shielding Sera as best as I could. Great game. Really great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games