Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old November 7th, 2018, 07:27 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Stingers Vs Samurai Archers

So simple comparison - vs melee only armies they are about the same, but versus mostly or at least partial range, stingers are for sure better. 3 attack is better than 2, and they still die just as easy from range which is in most tournaments armies (excluding Matthias).

What is comparable to Stingers is Competitive Unit Congress version of cards, as the ranged defensive boost makes them live longer and/or use counter-strike more.
Old November 8th, 2018, 07:38 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Play the prototype Hatamoto Taro with Raelin and the Samurai really begin to pull above their weight. With all the customs and CUC and whatnot, people should have zero problems letting you play a figure that is official with almost official rules that is otherwise warming the shelf.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old November 11th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I would take Stingers over TSA into melee-only any day. And honestly I'd probably do the same in any matchup. Maybe in cases where the map favors a pod-setup I'd consider TSA+Raelin for some matchups, but even then Stingers might still be more desirable. Again, TSA fill a weird niche that doesn't really shine in competitive play.

I don't think the Evasive 1 helps them that much. I think what they need is something to help their attack output, or something that forces engagement more (like a Scatter-type ability). Melee attack +1 or +2 would've been nice. Or a temporary boost like the 10th have (as i mentioned before).

Evasive 1 is nice but it definitely doesn't bump them up to the Stingers' level.
Old November 15th, 2018, 05:47 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

If only the TSA was a 4 unit squad that was 70 or 75 points... Then they would dominate.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
If only the TSA was a 4 unit squad that was 70 or 75 points... Then they would dominate.
I'd go a different direction - give them a boost to their move to 6 (like the Izumi and Tagawa Samurai) and drop their points by 10. Wouldn't be top-tier, but they'd have a role as a mobile, versatile and affordable ranged squad.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
I'd go a different direction - give them a boost to their move to 6 (like the Izumi and Tagawa Samurai) and drop their points by 10. Wouldn't be top-tier, but they'd have a role as a mobile, versatile and affordable ranged squad.
This is the change that I would really like. I don't think they even need the 10 point drop if they have 6 move, since having a quick ranged squad besides the Arrow Gruts is noteworthy on its own. It also makes it more likely for them to take height, which they really benefit from for improving their stats.

The only change that I would've liked to see more would be prototype or CUC Hatamoto Taro instead of what we got.
Old December 1st, 2018, 01:02 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Hmm, I too throw in my lot with stingers. They truly dominate most maps.

3 ranged attacks of base 4 is no joke, and they can hold their own against even the best skirmish squads like 4th mass.
Old December 1st, 2018, 01:42 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Hmm, I too throw in my lot with stingers. They truly dominate most maps.

3 ranged attacks of base 4 is no joke, and they can hold their own against even the best skirmish squads like 4th mass.
You know they have base 3 attack right?

But, that extra die does make a difference.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 1st, 2018, 04:29 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I think Doom Carrot might be gambler who likes to roll for Drain.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 5th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Then they'd basically be the 4th Mass with counterstrike and more hero options. Maybe at 80 or 85 they'd be reasonable.

Or stay the same and Samurai hero bonding, haha. Probably a bit much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 7th, 2018, 10:49 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Then they'd basically be the 4th Mass with counterstrike and more hero options. Maybe at 80 or 85 they'd be reasonable.

Or stay the same and Samurai hero bonding, haha. Probably a bit much.
Bonding with Kaemon Awa... sign me up.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old December 7th, 2018, 11:11 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I think Doom Carrot might be gambler who likes to roll for Drain.
Yeah, I am referring to stinger drain. I consider stingers to be a base 4 attack squad with slight risk of losing a turn. That is how i use them at least.

I just took down Q10 in one turn with the stingers at the most recent game night. Which was funny because a lot of people seem to think they are “useless suicide bombers” lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units