Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old July 29th, 2018, 12:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
GLOW Season 2 on Netflix, just as enjoyable as Season 1 was. Can't properly say just why I like this show so much, I just do. If you grew up in the 80's I think you'll love it as much as I did, if you didn't, chances are good you'll still like it as it's quite entertaining and funny. Some adult content here and there.
I've started watching season 1 of GLOW and have gotten through the first 3 episodes. I really enjoy it so far, and while I don't know how mature it gets after the first 3 episodes, the first one was a bit graphic in a couple spots for me to watch with my daughters. But it toned down after that in the nudity/sex department so far. Certainly strong language and drug use.

Yes, I should have been more specific that it was an 18+ kind of show as some nudity does pop up a few times. It's not on the same level as many of the HBO & Showtime shows though, I can only think of one use of nudity in the entire second season, so it slipped my mind. Some limited scenes of drug use as well, not the focus of the show in anyway but it does pop up here and there. Also in the second season their is a minor side story for one character in which they encounter the AIDs epidemic of the 80's. Not sure if that is a sensitive issue for anyone.
Old July 30th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
GLOW Season 2 on Netflix, just as enjoyable as Season 1 was. Can't properly say just why I like this show so much, I just do. If you grew up in the 80's I think you'll love it as much as I did, if you didn't, chances are good you'll still like it as it's quite entertaining and funny. Some adult content here and there.
I've started watching season 1 of GLOW and have gotten through the first 3 episodes. I really enjoy it so far, and while I don't know how mature it gets after the first 3 episodes, the first one was a bit graphic in a couple spots for me to watch with my daughters. But it toned down after that in the nudity/sex department so far. Certainly strong language and drug use.

Yes, I should have been more specific that it was an 18+ kind of show as some nudity does pop up a few times. It's not on the same level as many of the HBO & Showtime shows though, I can only think of one use of nudity in the entire second season, so it slipped my mind. Some limited scenes of drug use as well, not the focus of the show in anyway but it does pop up here and there. Also in the second season their is a minor side story for one character in which they encounter the AIDs epidemic of the 80's. Not sure if that is a sensitive issue for anyone.
Yeah, I'll just watch this one myself

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 3rd, 2018, 08:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just finished watching the last episode of Cloak & Dagger, who is the character they teased for season 2?
Old August 4th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I saw it as well. I really enjoyed the series. The writing on it is really good.
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 4th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I saw it as well. I really enjoyed the series. The writing on it is really good.
Spoiler Alert!
I agree, this is a really good show that my entire family enjoys.

Old August 4th, 2018, 05:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Never heard of her before. I didn't really know anything about Cloak and Dagger either though before the show. I found it enjoyable, I like the fact they moved them down to New Orleans and gave them their own city to explore rather than add them to what was already going on in NYC. The cloak being part of a New Orleans Festival costume worked really well, and I dig the Voodoo side stuff. Makes me hope they bring in Brother Voodoo at some point, since I know they won't be able to use Gambit. I feel they could bring in Man-Thing too with all the swamps down that way, plus his emotion related themes plays well with their fear and hope themed powers. No rush, I prefer the slower development of the core characters for now but down the road sometime.
Old August 4th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Never heard of her before. I didn't really know anything about Cloak and Dagger either though before the show. I found it enjoyable, I like the fact they moved them down to New Orleans and gave them their own city to explore rather than add them to what was already going on in NYC. The cloak being part of a New Orleans Festival costume worked really well, and I dig the Voodoo side stuff. Makes me hope they bring in Brother Voodoo at some point, since I know they won't be able to use Gambit. I feel they could bring in Man-Thing too with all the swamps down that way, plus his emotion related themes plays well with their fear and hope themed powers. No rush, I prefer the slower development of the core characters for now but down the road sometime.
Spoiler Alert!

Old August 18th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Science goes to the Movies: PBS

This show is amazing. They bring in experts to talk about the scientific aspect of movies.
Really cool discussions that leave you wanting more. Hosted by Faith Salie.
You can watch episodes on youtube and on CunyTV.
Old August 18th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Reminds me of a book I have: The Science of Superheroes. That was a fun read.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 18th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

There is an episode about Marvel.

First aired: February 22, 2018.

Superheroes jump into every fight, always on the side of the good guys. In a smash up between Prof. Keith Dallas, editor-in-chief of the book series “American Comic Book Chronicles” and Jonathan Rosenberg, Hunter College Professor of History we look at the role of comic books in American history.

Guest List:
Keith Dallas Hofstra University English Professor and Editor-in-Chief, Book series “American Comic Book Chronicles"

Jonathan Rosenberg Author of “How Far the Promise Land - World Affairs and the American Civil Rights Movement” and “Dangerous Melodies and Diplomatic Instruments – When Classical Music Mattered in America”; Professor of History, Hunter College/CUNY
Old September 19th, 2018, 01:36 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Watched about the first half of Dragon Prince. It's a Netflix original by one of the creators of Avatar, the Last Airbender. The animation is along the lines of the Netflix Voltron series, and it isn't quite as polished as Avatar was, but it is the first season. I'm willing to give it the chance to hit its stride. The story and world show a lot of promise. It has some Avatar flavor, and you can easily see the influence if you didn't already know who made it. If they can deliver, this will be a good one. There is internal suggestion that this could have 6 seasons (possibly 7), at about 9 episodes each, it should have a series length comparable to Avatar. If you like Avatar, it is worth a look. And it has Sokka, or the voice actor at least.
Old September 19th, 2018, 07:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Blazed about halfway through the new season of "Bojack Horseman" last night. Really compelling stuff. There was a funeral episode in particular that I thought was impressively done.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV