Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 21st, 2006, 11:06 PM

Stalkingwolf has disabled reputation
Guide to custom units???

Hello all,

I am brand new to Heroscape. I was wondering if there is a guide anywhere for creating units for HS? By that I mean something that gives an idea of assigning numbers to traits, abilites, etc. 1 is obviously a low score, but what is considered below average, average, high...way over the top. lol. Is there a 'cap' on the traits...that type of thing.

As an old time D&D'r I would like to be able to convert some of my favorite creatures into the HS world. Before I do that I think I need a better understanding of HS units construction. Thank you for any help.
Old May 21st, 2006, 11:15 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Your best bet for assigning numbers is to look at the official units. There are some spreedsheets out there (they haven't made their way here yet) that contain all that data. I will hunt some down and post them for you.

Compare your creation to the stuff that is already out there. Costing is hard, the only real way to get the cost of a custom right is to playtest.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:49 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
If you start a thread and call it "Stalkingwolf's customs" you can start posting some thoughts you are having in there and people will provide constructive criticism. A guide to customs will probably be coming back here soon, we had one and it is being rebuilt for this site.

Oh, and check out the codex publications, there are some nice ideas in there regarding customs. http://www.hscodex.com

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards