Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 28th, 2014, 01:15 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!
Nerf Guns

So does anyone else here like or collect Nerf Guns? or is anyone part of Nerfhaven?
Old January 28th, 2014, 02:21 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Nerf Guns

I don't collect a ton, but over this last weekend my friend and I got bored so we bought a couple cheap Nerf Guns, put in a movie (Galaxy Quest), and shot the bad guys whenever they popped up. Then we ran around his apartment shooting each other. Best five dollars I've ever spent.

But, more towards your OP, what is Nerfhaven?

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 28th, 2014, 02:40 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Nerfhaven is a forum kinda like here exept for Nerf Guns
They mostly modify Nerf Guns, like increasing the air pressure to make the shots fire further.
http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?act=home

That's pretty cool, which guns did you get?

Here is about 2/3rds of my collection:

Last edited by G1shark; January 28th, 2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old January 28th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow. That's quite the collection. Give me a quarter of that and I'll have fun for the rest of my life.

The guns we got were from Buzz Bee, the Panther (or some other large cat--I don't remember exactly).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 28th, 2014, 03:41 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Wow. That's quite the collection. Give me a quarter of that and I'll have fun for the rest of my life.
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:25 PM

Yeah I use to run a club at the local community college, so I bought all the guns so anyone there could have a choice of what they wanted. Normally 2 of every gun around the year 2005-2006 so that each team could use the same weapons.

Typically rules where simple:
Darts counted as hits but could be blocked with a gun or shield, Rockets where unblockable, and disks that ricochet counted as a hit. One hit kills and then you had to go back to the starting zone which was at the other end of the gym.

Idea was to get people who don't like to exercise to exercise :P

I love nerf battles, I dont get to play much anymore unfortunately but collecting them and heroscape helps remind me of my childhood.

Buzz Bee makes some pretty good stuff, dunno much about the Panther though but http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22954
is a link if you want to try modifying it.

If you want a gun alittle better than the Panther and is spring powered, get a Nerf Elite Strongarm, those are pretty amazing, I think there around $10-12
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Ever since my son was invited to a Nerf Wars at his friend's church last year, I've been amassing an arsenal. Bought a bunch on ebay when I could find good deals. I've found that regular visits to the Goodwill store can really help build a collection on a budget - complete Vulcan in great condition for $9, for example. I've gotten some great deals on Amazon, too. Just have to check often as the prices can fluctuate daily and even multiple times within a day. We held our first Nerf Wars at our church over the Christmas break and are planning to have one at least once a quarter. I'll have to dig up some pics and post them.

Quick count - at least 80 guns in the arsenal. Vulcans, Hailfires, Retaliators, Stryfes, Recons, Rampages, Mavericks, Ravens, Hammershots, Longshots, Longstrikes, Stampedes, Rapidstrikes, Nitrons, Praxis' (Praxii?), Pyragons, Vigilons, Protons...

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; January 28th, 2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:44 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I used to collect nerf stuff, then I got into Heroscape .

'SOTM INDEX
кактус джек
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:12 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Two kinds of people in this world. Those who spend too much money on one hobby and those that spend too much money on more than one hobby.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Quick count - at least 80 guns in the arsenal. Vulcans, Hailfires, Retaliators, Stryfes, Recons, Rampages, Mavericks, Ravens, Hammerstrikes, Longshots, Longstrikes, Stampedes, Rapidstrikes, Nitrons, Praxis' (Praxii?), Pyragons, Vigilons, Protons...
I think that is slightly more than my collection , that's pretty impressive. I'd love to see pictures!

Quote:
complete Vulcan in great condition for $9,
That is really impressive, Mine was a lot more than that... I think $30.

Which one do you like to use the most mac122? or Combo?

Quote:
I tend to switch back and forth between the two, when I get bored of one.

Last edited by G1shark; January 28th, 2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling.
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
Which one do you like to use the most mac122? or Combo?
When I get a chance to play instead of just being a ref, I like to either dual-wield 2 Stryfes with 18 round mags or, if I need to be stealthier, carry a Hammershot in one hand and a Stryfe in the other. That way I have a chance to get a shot off before they hear the motor winding up in the Stryfe. If I'm not worried about stealth, I like to use the Rapidstrike (with the 25 round drum from a Rampage) as my main weapon with a Stryfe or the Hammershot in a holster as a back up.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 28th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I have a single modded Maverick (added 3 pennies behind the spring for greater accuracy/range, plus I removed the knobs on the barrel so I can load 4 darts at a time).

I had no idea some people had such large collections! I'll have to check out the Stryfe and Hammershot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General