Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 1st, 2020, 07:14 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Magneto (I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverie View Post
I think the JPG version is fine but the PDF of the comic card seems to have blurry text compared to the mini card. Are my eyes deceiving me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
No, I see it too. It looks like maybe the comic version is the old C3G fomrat, but I'm not an art guy so I could be totally making that up.
Yep I am definitely seeing it also. Another strange thing is that when it opens in a new tab, that tab name is C3G_BlackPanther_.psd

So something screwy is happening there.
Old March 1st, 2020, 08:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll check it out in a few minutes. I may have had to update that card at some point since the _.psd is typically my naming format so perhaps I screwed something up long ago. I don't remember ever updating here but that's definately my filename tag.

signature
Old March 1st, 2020, 09:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I think the JPG version is fine but the PDF of the comic card seems to have blurry text compared to the mini card. Are my eyes deceiving me?
Quote:
No, I see it too. It looks like maybe the comic version is the old C3G fomrat, but I'm not an art guy so I could be totally making that up.
OK, I have no clue what A3n is talking about. I could not recreate the Black Panther tag in any browser I have. I also couldn't see anything wrong on my end but just in case I recreated the card and made a new PDF. Let me know if this fixes your issues.

signature
Old March 1st, 2020, 11:12 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
OK, I have no clue what A3n is talking about. I could not recreate the Black Panther tag in any browser I have. I also couldn't see anything wrong on my end but just in case I recreated the card and made a new PDF. Let me know if this fixes your issues.
well it's freaking weird. The text is good now & the tab name is no longer C3G_BlackPanther_.psd. However the tab name is _C3G Card Template.psd.

Weird.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 04:11 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
well it's freaking weird. The text is good now & the tab name is no longer C3G_BlackPanther_.psd. However the tab name is _C3G Card Template.psd.

Weird.
Ok so itís somehow pulling that name when I print the pdf from photoshop. Odd I donít get that on my end but itís definitely a thing I see. I recreated this card and printer it before I saved the psd so at the time the psd file name was the template. Interesting. So apparently the last time Magneto was made Black Panther psd must have been used as the template. Do any of the other PDFs show a psd file name on the tab?

At least the blurry issue was corrected.

signature
Old March 3rd, 2020, 11:18 PM

As i said freaking weird. This is the first time i have ever noticed it. So the PDFing app must embed the name in the meta data and some browsers must read that to use for the tab name. Hmmm
Old January 15th, 2022, 12:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Magneto

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Q: If you roll for Magnetic Throw and get a high enough roll, you get to throw twice, correct? It's not a situation where you have to roll a second time after throwing the first time, right? Because it states "when he uses it, he may use it one additional time", it doesn't say "when he uses it he may attempt to use it one additional time." [*]A: He may (not required) use the entire special power one additional time, which involves rolling the d20 for the chance to throw and then rolling the d20 for damage from throwing. Anytime a figure "uses" a power, it is "attempting to use" that power; however, there's no guarantee that the use will be successful.
This seems misleading because there are in fact some powers that are guaranteed to be successful. Honestly this whole thing reads confusingly. This is probably a better FAQ:

Q: When using Magnetic Throw for the second time in a turn, if you succeeded on the 20-sided die roll during the first use of the power, do you have to roll again?[*]A: Using a power an additional time is a separate use of the power and does not automatically succeed or fail based on previous attempts in the turn.

But I'm honestly not even sure this FAQ is needed.
Old January 15th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Q: If you roll for Magnetic Throw and get a high enough roll, you get to throw twice, correct? It's not a situation where you have to roll a second time after throwing the first time, right? Because it states "when he uses it, he may use it one additional time", it doesn't say "when he uses it he may attempt to use it one additional time." [*]A: He may (not required) use the entire special power one additional time, which involves rolling the d20 for the chance to throw and then rolling the d20 for damage from throwing. Anytime a figure "uses" a power, it is "attempting to use" that power; however, there's no guarantee that the use will be successful.
This seems misleading because there are in fact some powers that are guaranteed to be successful. Honestly this whole thing reads confusingly. This is probably a better FAQ:

Q: When using Magnetic Throw for the second time in a turn, if you succeeded on the 20-sided die roll during the first use of the power, do you have to roll again?[*]A: Using a power an additional time is a separate use of the power and does not automatically succeed or fail based on previous attempts in the turn.

But I'm honestly not even sure this FAQ is needed.
Agreed on both counts. Original is confusing and FAQ not needed.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old January 15th, 2022, 02:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could see its usefulness but the only real distinction needed is that you just use the whole power an additional time, including the roll. I'm fine either way on it, though (keeping or cutting). I don't think the conclusion is controversial at all.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library