Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 19th, 2021, 02:01 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Ranjit Singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I believe that's incorrect Ulysses. Rygarn is one of the reasons this interaction works so well with him. You can reveal the X order marker at the beginning of the round to activate the ability and at any point if the OM's meet the condition of the ability, the buff of the ability is then given.
Ah okay, I could see that. I just assumed that the "while" clause was implying to check the condition as part of the X reveal. Thanks Sir H and great question Andre. I sense a rules clarification in this book's future.
Old November 19th, 2021, 03:35 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow. Just when I thought Rygarn couldn't get any cooler. This opens up a lot of options for the playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Thanks Sir H and great question Andre. I sense a rules clarification in this book's future.
Agreed- if someone can restructure my question more eloquently with an official response, I'm happy to add it to the book

Thanks everyone for clarifying!
Old November 19th, 2021, 03:45 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Aight when are we gonna get George Washington as a playable character
Old November 19th, 2021, 03:50 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When is George Washington gonna be playable in Smash Bros
Old December 23rd, 2021, 12:18 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Another rules clarification that was talked about in the Discord: if any figures that have/had an OM that enabled the Lion of Punjab buff die you lose the buff

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; January 8th, 2022 at 09:34 AM. Reason: any instead of all
Old January 7th, 2022, 12:15 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reopening some questions that were discussed in the Discord server. Seeking official rulings from the Rules Team.
Quote:
Q: When a unit that has or had an Order Marker dies, does the Lion of Punjab deactivate?

Q: If I move an Order Marker with Rygarn's Chrono-Key, what happens to the Lion of Punjab power?
Old January 7th, 2022, 12:59 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post

Quote:
Q: When a unit that has or had an Order Marker dies, does the Lion of Punjab deactivate?
A: Yes.
When a unit that has/had an OM dies, the Lion of Punjab power becomes deactivated.
I really had a problem with this answer for a while because it seems to conflict with Rygarn’s ruling for his own Chrono-Key power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Book of Rygarn View Post

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Quote:
Q: Can you use Chrono-Key to move an order marker from a card whose figures have all been destroyed to a different card?
A: Yes. An army card whose figures have all been destroyed is still in your army.
So I did some research to try to articulate my case that one of these rulings is incorrect. Then I ran across this, and spotted the difference in the wording of their powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
From the Official FAQ:
Quote:
- VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS : Army With Valiant and Non-Valiant Units
If my non-Valiant figures are destroyed, and only Valiant figures are left on the battlefield, can the 4th Massachusetts Line use their Valiant Army Defense Bonus?
Yes. (Hasbro FAQ)
This ruling tell us that "you control" only includes figures on the battlefield, while "in your army" includes all army cards in your army.
Ranjit's Lion of Punjab power is a "Army Cards you control" power while Rygarn's Chrono-Key power is an "Army Card in your army" power. This makes me feel more comfortable if the Rules team should rule that Ranjit's power deactivates.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old January 7th, 2022, 01:48 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

"You control" and "in your army" have very different meanings, as original designs (and official R&Cs) dictated. Rygarn can freely move around order markers, even from dead units, while Lion of Punjab only cares about live ones.

Some official R&Cs will be coming soon here.
Old January 10th, 2022, 02:25 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Sorry I forgot to post these when the unit was released. These R&Cs have now been reviewed and approved by the VC Rules Team.
Quote:
Q: For Lion of Punjab, can one of the numbered order markers be on Ranjit Singh's army card?
A: Yes.

Q: Is Lion on Punjab is effect if an order marker is on an army card where all the figures have been destroyed?
A: No. Once all the figures of an Army Card have been destroyed, it is no longer considered to be an Army Card you control. Note that the power could stop working in the middle of an enemy turn, if the first figure of a squad kills the last figure of one of the army cards with an order marker on it.

Q: If Ranjit Singh is destroyed, do the other units still benefit from Lion of Punjab?
A: No. Like other powers, the effect of the power ends when all figures on the army card are destroyed.

Q: How does Lion of Punjab interact with the Glyph of Xipta?
A: There is a dice-off to see which happens first.
Lion of Punjab can only be used if the "X" is on Ranjit when the power is used.

Q: What happens to Lion of Punjab if numbered OMs are moved or removed?
A: The bonus from Lion of Punjab only works as long as the three numbered OMs are on different cards you control.
If that condition is no longer met due to OMs being moved (e.g. by Xipta or Rygarn) or removed (e.g. by Dünd or the Mindflayer Mastermind) then the bonus immediately stops working.

Q: Can Diplomatic Subterfuge be used if Ranjit is not attacking that turn?
A: Yes, "after moving and before attacking" denotes where in the turn the power is used; it does not require moving or attacking.
Old January 10th, 2022, 03:01 PM

Awesome. Thank you @Scytale !
Old April 9th, 2022, 12:51 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Has anyone made a trading card sized card for Ranjit or any of Wave 23?
Old April 11th, 2022, 06:49 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

I have a few edits to suggest in the R&Cs:

Quote:
Q: Is Lion on of Punjab is in effect if an order marker is on an army card where all the figures have been destroyed?
A: No. Once all the figures of an Army Card have been destroyed, it is no longer considered to be an Army Card you control. Note that the power could stop working in the middle of an enemy turn, if the first figure of a squad kills the last figure of one of the army cards with an order marker on it.

Q: What happens to Lion of Punjab if numbered OMs are moved or removed?
A: The bonus from Lion of Punjab only works as long as the three numbered OMs are on different cards you control that each follow a different General.
If that condition is no longer met due to OMs being moved (e.g. by Xipta or Rygarn) or removed (e.g. by Dünd or the Mindflayer Mind Flayer Mastermind) then the bonus immediately stops working.
Also, just a clarifying question about the sentence below in blue:

Quote:
Q: How does Lion of Punjab interact with the Glyph of Xipta?
A: There is a dice-off to see which happens first.
Lion of Punjab can only be used if the "X" is on Ranjit when the power is used.
I'm guessing that last bit is just to make it crystal clear that if Xipta goes first and forces the X off of Ranjit, you can no longer reveal it at the start of the round to activate LoP, but it's not trying to say that if the X is prematurely forced off of Ranjit later in the round then the effect stops working... correct?

I assume this is the case because this power's cousins — FROST RAGE and CRAG OF STEEL — are one-time activations that don't seem to require the X to remain on Evar or Siege. Although as I write this, I'm now wondering why LoP doesn't say "for the duration of the round." Or, if that wasn't the intent, then I'm wondering why the text doesn't actually require the X to be on Ranjit for the use as well as the initial activation (something like "while the "X" order marker is on Ranjit and your other three Order Markers are on Army Cards you control that follow three different Valkyrie Generals...)."

All that to say ... I'm confused now. Where is the actual duration of this effect defined?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs