Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 7th, 2021, 03:35 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

Just to make sure, we are having NHSD right? We'd need everyone to show their vaccine card to get in obviously, but now that vaccines are a thing it seems safe enough to me to plan a tournament.
EDIT: I really hope this isn't a controversial post, I just want us all to enjoy eachother's company for a game safely. If this is going to be a contentious issue, please message me privately about it so we can keep the board civil.
Old August 9th, 2021, 09:31 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Maybe

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 18th, 2021, 09:02 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Maybe
Yeah, I'm pretty torn on this.

I really want to have NHSD, but this stupid Delta variant is really coming to life locally. I assume we'd have a pretty low turn out, so that would help in keeping the numbers and risk down. If we are only talking 8 to 12 people, I think we might be able to come up with an arrangement that would be reasonably safe for everyone.

I think I would be willing to work on getting something organized.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 19th, 2021, 09:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm still in the area this year for my Master's program, so I would be able to attend depending on the state the pandemic.

With classes having been online for over a year and the pandemic, I obviously wouldn't be bringing a ton of people with me. Off the top of my head, I can think of two, maybe three, other people from my campus that I am still in regular contact with and would probably like to go if something is happening.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 11:09 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Booster shots of the vaccine are starting to be administered now. Everyone who's vaccinated could theoretically get 3 shots in time for NHSD. For those undecided, does this tilt you to one side of the fence or the other? @Dignan @R˙chean @Astroking112
Old October 14th, 2021, 07:34 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Booster shots of the vaccine are starting to be administered now. Everyone who's vaccinated could theoretically get 3 shots in time for NHSD. For those undecided, does this tilt you to one side of the fence or the other? @Dignan @R˙chean @Astroking112
Tmac, sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. We ran into a few snags over the past month or so. Mark and I were talking about having an event, but it just seemed a little too dicey. There have been too many gatherings in the area that have resulted in people getting sick and we just didn't want to risk it (or risk opening our homes to it).

I realize we are probably being overly cautious, but we wanted to be safe. I'll probably change my opinion once my kids can get vaccinated. I don't want to bring something home from an event.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old October 16th, 2021, 12:26 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Tmac, sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. We ran into a few snags over the past month or so. Mark and I were talking about having an event, but it just seemed a little too dicey. There have been too many gatherings in the area that have resulted in people getting sick and we just didn't want to risk it (or risk opening our homes to it).

I realize we are probably being overly cautious, but we wanted to be safe. I'll probably change my opinion once my kids can get vaccinated. I don't want to bring something home from an event.
Family always comes first, I totally understand. Hopefully everything will be more under control next year around this time.
Old August 10th, 2022, 06:06 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just wanted to bump and ask... Are there any DFW players who might like one or two more in their playgroup? I'm new (well, recently returned) to the Fort Worth area and sorely missing classic scape. Will Travel 4 Hex Based Combat. @Dignan @R˙chean @Astroking112
Old August 21st, 2022, 12:37 PM

Hey Alex. We are kicking the tournament scene back up here in Dallas. We'll have an event for NHSD in October. Hopefully you can make that and meet some of the locals.

Old August 28th, 2022, 04:28 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Glad to see things starting back up in DFW! I've unfortunately moved out of state, but I'm occasionally in the area and can get out the word for any new events to the other players I know who are still around if that helps.
Old August 29th, 2022, 01:40 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Hey Alex. We are kicking the tournament scene back up here in Dallas. We'll have an event for NHSD in October. Hopefully you can make that and meet some of the locals.
Awesome. Looking forward to it!
Old September 8th, 2022, 01:55 PM

Dallas tournament thread is live:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...60#post2535760

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events