Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM

rommel1369 is surprisingly tart
Re: Master set 1 vs. Master set 2 : A players perspective

It is hard to say since both sets are close. RotV is more of a general set which is great for people starting out especially while SotM is more of a themed set for people who own the first. I actually got SotM at a sale first and liked it enough to buy RotV at full price so in my opinion both are great on their own I would have to give the edge to RotV since it does have more terrain (although the swamp water is nice) and it does have a few more figures.

As for having the duplicate characters... initially I was dissapointed but after going over the cards I realized that you were still given options. Since quite a few people use Raelin and Drake chances are that they will be drafted. But which one do you prefer? You might play a scenario where you have to defend a castle but only have half the points of the attacking army. You may want to go with the cheaper Raelin who gives a stronger bonus but at shorter range (since you may want to pile the walls with squads). Then again you may be the attacker with more points to spend so you choose the more expensive Raelin. Although her bonus is slightly weaker it's range is longer thus allowing your army to span ahead of her a bit easier... also she is a bit more durable in combat and her whirlwind attack may be usefull in taking out some squads up on the walls. The new Drake is better but more costly... you decide which one would be better suited to your situation.

Also getting 2 doubles when you get over 50 characters is not such a huge deal. But with all that being said I would not like to see it happen often if at all. I think original characters are the way to go although I can see how fan favourites may come back with a slightly different costume and a new trick up their sleeve... but it should be rare if ever again.

Last edited by rommel1369; June 16th, 2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Copied from notepad but it pasted wrong :P
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Master set 1 vs. Master set 2 : A players perspective

The question is, will SOTM be the new trend in HS design, or not? Given the poll results on the other thread, I think not. But the good things about it--a campaign of scenarios and duplicate Commons--WILL probably become part of the game's future, if the company is following the thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion