Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old January 21st, 2009, 10:29 PM

Sobriquet is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Printable Battle Mats?

Hi there!

Um, well, first time poster here, so please be gentle!

I've been looking around for some kind of printable terrain mats similar to the lexan mats you can buy over at http://www.housemousegames.com/letema.html

Well, similar... but what I really want is just the hexes, no actual texture -- I'm planning on printing on transparencies that can be laid out on top of any map or texture I please. Has anyone on Heroscapers created something like this? I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if someone's already done it better than I can.

Cheers guys and hey, if I'm asking something that gets asked thirty times a week by thirty different newbies...

well...

Ooops.

Patrick
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:41 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Re: Printable Battle Mats?

Try this thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=4167
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:08 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to the site, I hadn't thought of this before, but this seems like a great idea.

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:11 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Personally I use Adobe Illustrator to make all of my hexes. If you don't have access to that application here is a link to an online, hex generator. You just plug in the size of the hex you need and it produces a sheet of hexes for you.

http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/

Welcome to the addiction, er... site!
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Personally I use Adobe Illustrator to make all of my hexes. If you don't have access to that application here is a link to an online, hex generator. You just plug in the size of the hex you need and it produces a sheet of hexes for you.

http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/

Welcome to the addiction, er... site!
Good site!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:12 PM

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

I think TOG's link to Teekay's stuff is what I'm looking for. Not exact, but I can clear the colour and print the hex outlines onto transparencies easily enough.

Grishnakh, your flocked terrain is actually the reason I found this site many moons ago -- awesome, awesome work! I've shown your stuff off to a lot of people, that's for sure.

One of these days, I'm going to sit down for a bit of a painting & flocking pow-wow with a buddy of mine and do up all my terrain.

And if anyone's interested in what I want the clear-hexes for, I also use HS terrain for D&D and Battletech... I want to be able to lay a hex grid an topographical maps for greater variety. I'm also thinking of silk-screening hexes onto felt or a similar fabric. Do so on fabrics of various colours and you've got awesome play mats that will also prevent your HS from slipping I like the lexan stuff in principle, but I like fabric a LOT more.

Anyway, again, thanks a bunch for the prompt and helpful replies! Great community here!

Patrick
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:45 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post

I think TOG's link to Teekay's stuff is what I'm looking for. Not exact, but I can clear the colour and print the hex outlines onto transparencies easily enough.
If you look through all the files there, there are 20 or so, you will find blank ones. Just the hexes.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post

If you look through all the files there, there are 20 or so, you will find blank ones. Just the hexes.
Oh geez, I'm blind -- I looked through and didn't see them at first glance. My bad. Thanks again!
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

There is a very good possibilty that there will be clear Lexan mats with just the hexes in the near future.

(I know you said you prefer cloth to lexan, but clear felt is hard to find. )
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
clear felt is hard to find.

Isn't that a Tom Petty lyric?

PS: Felt also collects dust and bacteria and germs and other nasty things that can get you sick. Lexan mats can be wiped clean using anti-bacterial spray (the kind they sell at BabysRUs designed to clean babies toys)

PPS: If someone spills a coke on your felt mat its stained forever and will probably get moldy but it cleans right off of a Lexan Mat

PPPS: You write on a Lexan Mat with a Wet Erase marker. If you write on a felt mat it is there forever.

(psst Cav...how was that?)
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:53 PM

Alee_Brightberry Woo who?

But, but, but.... if you paint the lines on FABRIC (not felt) with a fabric marker -- you can wash it

and you can use boxes of all sorts UNDER the fabric for terain levels.

OK - I know I'm not a big help,

and yes I did paint hexes on a bedsheet once (wonder where that crawled off to?) and NO - I will NOT do that again.

The lexan is a much better choice. go with it....

Reality is for people who lack imagination.

Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
clear felt is hard to find.

Isn't that a Tom Petty lyric?

PS: Felt also collects dust and bacteria and germs and other nasty things that can get you sick. Lexan mats can be wiped clean using anti-bacterial spray (the kind they sell at BabysRUs designed to clean babies toys)

PPS: If someone spills a coke on your felt mat its stained forever and will probably get moldy but it cleans right off of a Lexan Mat

PPPS: You write on a Lexan Mat with a Wet Erase marker. If you write on a felt mat it is there forever.

(psst Cav...how was that?)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles