Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old August 11th, 2008, 01:49 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart
Re: Idea for Heroscape game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$un View Post
Yeah, but the problem with the board game is you need someone else to play with you, in a video game you can play alone or with someone else, and in a video game you don't know if an enemy is hiding behind a wall wating to shoot you down.
I guess you have never tried playing against yourself in Heroscape. Draft two armies and play away. Sometimes you forget an enemy is behind a wall or trees in a board game too.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In today's PC and Video-game soaked culture, I consider Heroscape to be a highly-valued breath of fresh air... one that's built specifically for face-to-face human interaction.

While I admit to being intrigued about what could be done with a Heroscape video/pc game world, I'd be concerned about what it would do to the heroscape culture and community. At this time, when we want to play HS, many of us are happy to take a drive to a friend's house, or meet new scapers in the community... And nothing beats spending a few hours with friends and making new ones!

If everyone had access to an insta-play HS video game, it very well might result in the typical "social-isolation" induced by so many other "cave-dwelling" solo-games... even with an "online" option.

Again, I'm intrigued by the idea and possibilities of an HS video game, but how many people would settle for the "good" (HS video game) versus the "best" (HS board game) out of laziness and convenience, and miss out on the joy of gathering with friends; both old and new?

My

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old August 11th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by $$un View Post
I was thinking and I thought to myself, "Why can't they make a Heroscape video game?" There could be three modes:

1. Season mode. Season mode would probally be called somthing else, but it could be that you choose to be either Jandar, Utgar, Aquilla, Einar, Ullar, or Vydar comanding your army to victory.You would also win weapons for Build-a-mode.

2.Build-a-mode. Build-a-mode could let you build battlefeilds and figures with terrain, wepons, and other things you bought/won in the other modes.

3. World Tour Mode. World tour mode could let you be a kid traveling the globe trying to become the world's best heroscape master. You could also buy terrain for Build-a-mode in this mode.

But these are just my ideas. I just hope a Heroscape game will come out. What do you think?
I think this could have gone in any one of these existing threads:
Heroscape Video Game
Heroscape the video game? Possibility?
HS video game
HeroScape Video Game?
Heroscape video game
How about RPG Video game scape
HS video Game?

(Cavalier's search tip: Keywords: Video game, search titles only)
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:16 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

How come I can never find the dancing lock?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
How come I can never find the dancing lock?
It's not a site smiley.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion