Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 1st, 2018, 05:50 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
japes Public workshop...

• Super Adaptoid - Unique Hero - Marvel
  • Crossbones - Brock Rumlow - Unique Hero - Marvel
  • Queen Bee - Zazzala - Unique Hero - DC
  • Toyman - Winslow Schlott - Unique Hero - DC
  • & His Toys (Common Hero)
  • Hank Pym[/URL] - Unique Hero - Marvel
  • Professor Ivo - Anthony Ivo - Unique Hero - DC
  • Klaw - Ulysses Klaw - Unique Hero - Marvel
  • Boliver Trask - Unique Hero - MARVEL
  • Artemis Crock

Medium Crate - DO
Large Crate - DO

Stuff I'd like to see someone get to...

MARVEL

Ronin - Clint Barton - Unique Hero - Marvel

DC

Rogues
Tar Pit
The Top
Abra Kadabra
Magenta
Golden Glider

OTHER

DOs and GLYPHS

Armored Truck - VDO - From the Spidey Campaign.

Items from Avengers vs Justice League...
THE SPEAR OF DESTINY
the Book of Eternity
Psycho Pirate's Medusa Mask

Poison Gas (PG)
Burst of Light (PG Trap)

I know a lot of these things are more scenario type things but that is what I have been toying with mostly.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; August 9th, 2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 09:44 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: japes design thread...and that's no joke.

I’m actually enjoying the Fearsome Five designs you have going on, I’m always a sucker for new teams/factions. I’ll comment more in depth in a little bit.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:00 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
I’m actually enjoying the Fearsome Five designs you have going on, I’m always a sucker for new teams/factions. I’ll comment more in depth in a little bit.

Glad you like them...those guys are mostly done and way different than where I started from but I'm glad you are excited.

I should go through this and clean it out some...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:23 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

NAME = CROSSBONES
SECRET IDENTY = Brock Rumlow
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = Ruthless

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 180

Brutality
When attacking with Crossbones, if the defending figure has a lower Attack number than Crossbones's Attack number, The defending figure subtracts 1 from it's defense. If Crossbones attacks a Civilian with his normal attack, Crossbones may attack one additional time.

MARKSMANSHIP
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Crossbones's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Crossbones' Range number for this turn.
I feel that in a superhero game Marksmanship just isn’t going to cut I, ultimately range 8 and attack of 1 is just going to be me taking a potshot at someone. I would still do it but I wouldn’t really think it was going to work. How about something like this.

Skilled Marksman
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Crossbones's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Crossbones' Range number for this turn. For each number added to Crossbones Range the defending figure must also subtract that same number from their Defense to a minimum of 1.

The wording isn’t 100% but I feel like this would give him a better chance to do a wound from a distance, forcing opponents to reduce up to 4 defense. If it’s too powerful maybe have a clause that says he may only attack opponents exactly that distance away.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:27 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
Quote:

NAME = CROSSBONES
SECRET IDENTY = Brock Rumlow
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = Ruthless

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 180

Brutality
When attacking with Crossbones, if the defending figure has a lower Attack number than Crossbones's Attack number, The defending figure subtracts 1 from it's defense. If Crossbones attacks a Civilian with his normal attack, Crossbones may attack one additional time.

MARKSMANSHIP
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Crossbones's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Crossbones' Range number for this turn.
I feel that in a superhero game Marksmanship just isn’t going to cut I, ultimately range 8 and attack of 1 is just going to be me taking a potshot at someone. I would still do it but I wouldn’t really think it was going to work. How about something like this.

Skilled Marksman
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Crossbones's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Crossbones' Range number for this turn. For each number added to Crossbones Range the defending figure must also subtract that same number from their Defense to a minimum of 1.

The wording isn’t 100% but I feel like this would give him a better chance to do a wound from a distance, forcing opponents to reduce up to 4 defense. If it’s too powerful maybe have a clause that says he may only attack opponents exactly that distance away.

That's an interesting idea...I need to track down where we actually have him right now...I workshopped him with Lazy O a lot not long ago and actually turned it over to her...she then gave it back to me...

Let me dig up his latest write-up and we can look it over. Who knows maybe I'll give it to you to run...

Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I generally agree with your assessment of Marksmanship, I don't find it all that useful on Dum Dum's card. Here he at least has a slightly bigger attack (5 vs. 4) to start and is more likely to be paired up with stat boosters like Cap & Star Lord, so I could see it being somewhat useful. When boosted he could afford to drop a few attack dice and still roll 4 dice vs. someone 6 spaces away, just don't use it at max range.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:38 PM
A Man of Taste

Here is where we left him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
okay, how do we feel about this for crossbones:

name - crossbones
secret identity - brock rumlow

species - human
uniqueness - unique hero
class - terrorist
personality - sadistic
size/height - medium 5

4 life
move 5
range 7
attack 4
defence 5

points ?

trigger man

after attacking a non-adjacent figure with crossbones's normal attack, if you did not reveal an order marker on crossbones this turn, he may attack one additional time.

human shield 16

once per any opponent's turn, if crossbones would be targeted for a non-adjacent normal attack, before attack dice are rolled, you may choose an adjacent figure without the superstrength special power that is not a ruthless mastermind you control and roll the 20-sided die. Add 5 to the roll if the chosen figure is common. On a roll of 16+, for the remainder of the turn, if crossbones is adjacent to the chosen figure, when defending against a non-adjacent normal attack, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled and if he does not receive at least one wound, the chosen figure receives a wound.

close combat expert

when attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

note that trigger man also has the side-effect of keeping him out of most viper armies, which, considering japes mentioned him not getting along with ophelia, seems like a good thing.

range still needs to be brought down i think.
With human shield and cce he could probably get by with a defense drop but we can hold that for a dial to be tweaked if he test beyond his range.
i thought that since he's generally considered a great marksman that black widow/punisher level would be a good place to start, but i'm cool with dropping it if someone who knows the character better (i.e. You) feels it's more fitting.
I'd be happy with either 5 life 4 defence or 4 life 5 defence here, or even 4/4 if he's coming in a tad strong.
then you have my blessing to take this off my plate.
thank you, sir! glad to hear you're happy with it.

Not 100% sold on CCE though so there is room to work..

Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not against the Skilled Marksmanship idea. If you do that, though, I think Brutality has to be restricted to melee attacks (though maybe it should be anyway?).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

ninja'd by the newer version. I sort of miss Brutality. It was a unique mechanic that really got across how awful he is.

It took me a while of reading Human Shield to realize that he's using someone as his shield, not acting as one. I have a Collateral Damage power for an Ares (DCU) write up that might work for this type of thing as well (though it doesn't require him to have a single hostage like this):

COLLATERAL DAMAGE 13
If Ares is adjacent to at least one figure when Ares is attacked by an opponent’s figure and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, Ares takes no damage and you must immediately choose one adjacent figure. If the chosen figure has the Super Strength special power, the chosen figure receives one wound. If the chosen figure does not have the Super Strength special power, the chosen figure receives two wounds.

I like Trigger Man well enough, but wouldn't mind seeing some of the elements of the older write up reinstated.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:45 PM

I’m actually a fan of the Brutality (might need another name?) over CCE it gives him an extra flavor and highlights the fact that he is really just a bully. I agree with Bats though that it should probably only be used for adjacent figures.

I’m torn between mercenary and Terrorist though. I feel like Mercenary is more thematic but terrorist gives him better bonding with Hydra which is also thematic. I don’t really know if his card really qualifies for two classes though, that would probably be overkill for him.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:48 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd definitely go Terrorist. Mercenary is nominally accurate, but at the end of the day, the class is just a keyword for interacting with other units - the Terrorist interactions are what make sense for him, so a Terrorist he is.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:50 PM

Here's how I'd do it:

NAME = CROSSBONES
SECRET IDENTITY = BROCK RUMLOW

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 5

POINTS ?

SKILLED MARKSMAN
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Crossbones's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Crossbones' Range Number for this turn. For each number added to Crossbones Range the defending figure must also subtract that same number from their Defense to a minimum of 1.

BRUTALITY
After attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the defending figure has a lower Attack Number than Crossbones' Attack Number, your opponent may immediately reveal and remove one unrevealed Order Marker from the defending figure's Army Card. If your opponent does not, the defending figure receives one automatic wound.

TRIGGER MAN
After attacking a non-adjacent figure with Crossbones' normal attack, if you did not reveal an Order Marker on Crossbones this turn, he may attack one additional time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy