Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 1st, 2014, 08:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Aaron Cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
3 Lives might be a good fix, if one's needed. Attacking him directly is the best strategy, IMO, but I realize that defensive pods don't always make that possible.
Make it to where he absorbs every wound as well, instead of just taking 1 at a time, is necessary as well IMO.
If he would have to take all the wounds instead of 1 at a time, then wouldn't you be much better off taking Beat Cops that can Protect and Serve in 3 different locations (covering 3 different figures), have synergy with other figures, have 3 ranged attacks, get better against common squad figures and can absorb any number of wounds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, I feel like taking all the wounds instead of just one would make him pretty useless when the Beat Cops exist. He'd need to drop in point value.
I'm quoting what @dok had said after a game of Aaron Cash+Bizzaro+other crazy stuff.
But isn't that result more of a function of Bizarro's Villainous Duty being an issue that has already been deemed a reevaluation priority?

If the main pod players like Bizzaro and Jocasta get addressed to keep them from being so nasty and not fun to play against, then wouldn't that lesson the impact of figures like Aaron Cash in that build?

From what I've seen, the auto-wounding defensive power figures that are tough to kill and the Master Manipulator chain are some issues that may make other figures look tougher than they otherwise would when not in those builds.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 1st, 2014, 10:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I agree with Hahma. Fix Bizzaro & Jocasta first, then see how you feel about all the other figures.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 01:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thirded.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 2nd, 2014, 01:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I am totally fine with waiting until the other defensive figures have been addressed. That's prudent.

That said, putting the Beat Cop power in hero form offers some significant advantages in pod armies. It's a lot easier to efficiently move around a wound-soak hero than it is to move around a wound-soak squad. He's also less vulnerable to area attacks than the beat cops are.

If he were 3 life and took every wound, I could still see taking him over a squad of cops at 65 points. It would be a close thing, as the "take every wound" is a significant nerf, but if I have something like Martian Manhunter it's still a pretty easy call.

If he was able to hold his own against Killer Croc, that would seem to me to be an argument to raise his stats, as opposed to an argument to make him more effective as a passive defensive figure.
Old November 6th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Aaron Cash

Army Test
Map: Dark Dimension
Units: Aaron Cash (65), GL:John Stewart (340), Valkyrie (350), Zombie (120), Vertigo (90), Green Construct:Shield (20) (985) VS Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker, 245), Hit-Girl (135), Batgirl (Cassandra Cain, 130), Oracle (110), Robin (Damian Wayne, 80), Nite Owl (130), Huntress (170) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
none.
PRotect and Serve: 3 times used, took 5 wounds.
Action Reflexes: 0 times used, 0 extra spaces moved.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Aaron Cash (65), Martian Manhunter (I, 300), Red Skull (220), Angel (90) (675) VS Vulcan (450), Yukio (120), Armor (100) (670)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
none.
PRotect and Serve: 1 times used, took 2 wounds.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Aaron Cash (65), Martian Manhunter (I, 300), Red Skull (220), Angel (90) (675) VS Vulcan (450), Yukio (120), Armor (100) (670)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
none.
PRotect and Serve: 1 times used, took 2 wounds.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Aaron Cash (65), Martian Manhunter (I, 300), Red Skull (220), Angel (90) (675) VS Ms Marvel (350), Spawn (320) (670)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
none.
PRotect and Serve: 0 times used, took 0 wounds.
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I was very hopeful that the single change would be enough to fix Cash, but we’re not there yet. There were plenty of rolls that went well for Cash’s team, but not enough for 4 wins. Cash is just very good, and pairing him with other defensive figures, particularly Valkyrie, creates a nasty pod. Unless you have reliable auto-wounds or figure movement, it’s crazy tough to beat. Dropping his Life to 3 would be the next change I’d like to see. I would not be against also raising his cost some, or adding more restrictions.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 6th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We did debate dropping his Life to 3 when the design started. Let's go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 7th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yeah, those tests are pretty nasty looking. I definitely support lowering his life to 3, and it might not be a bad idea to go ahead and bump his cost 10-20 points too.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 7th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Life 3 seems like the logical next step.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 7th, 2015, 10:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I don't want to oversell those results: that army might be the nastiest thing I've come up with in C3G-land, so it winning even with nerfed Cash is no shocker. That said, I do agree that the one change was not going to be enough.

I want to note again that pumping up his usefulness when taking turns is not going to affect his metagame power at all. I note this since some of his 1v1 tests definitely get swung by a change to his life total. And as I said a while back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
If he was able to hold his own against Killer Croc, that would seem to me to be an argument to raise his stats, as opposed to an argument to make him more effective as a passive defensive figure.
Old November 8th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
PROTECT AND SERVE
Anytime an adjacent figure you control would receive one or more wounds, you must instead place those Wound Markers on this card.
Wouldn't changing it to must place all the wounds on his card help things out? Sure he could take a single wound here and there, but he could also take 2, 3, or 4 as well.

Old November 8th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
PROTECT AND SERVE
Anytime an adjacent figure you control would receive one or more wounds, you must instead place those Wound Markers on this card.
Wouldn't changing it to must place all the wounds on his card help things out? Sure he could take a single wound here and there, but he could also take 2, 3, or 4 as well.
Those are effectively the same thing.
Old November 8th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Quote:
PROTECT AND SERVE
Those are effectively the same thing.
Quote:
PROTECT AND SERVE
Anytime an adjacent figure you control would receive one or more wounds, you may instead place 1 Wound Marker on this card.
Is not effectively the same thing as below.

Quote:
PROTECT AND SERVE
The post you quoted, was of me commenting/pointing out the changes I offered that were highlighted in red in the quoted power text in my post.

Based on the concerns of this guy before and after the last tests, I was just asking if a change that made Cash take the wounds, would help out. While he would still be able to only take 1 wound at times this way and not be too much different than he currently is, he would also end up taking many more wounds that could kill him, and it wouldn't be a choice to do so anymore. It would make who and when he's adjacent to be much more of an important choice, he could end up getting one-shotted like a Beat Cop.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library