Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2007, 05:58 PM

Madd_Mugsy has disabled reputation
Transformerscape - 9/22 Update - Optimus Prime

Most people probably won't remember, but I kicked out a few Transformers customs late last year. (See my original Transformerscape thread here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=4838 ) These customs were based off the 3" Titanium line, which, while accurate to the G1 likenesses, was pretty small and didn't mix all that well with standard 'scape. They were also costed pretty low to blend in with classic HS, and didn't have a huge amount of power to them. Now with Marvelscape out, I was going to go ahead and revise all my old cards to make them competitive with the super heroes.

Then I found these "Robot Replicas" things at TRU the other day:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...A4AC22D19A0B61

After some rough measurements, I picked up the first wave to see how they'd compare in size to HS minis... I was shocked, I tell you, shocked to see that they are basically the same size as Braxas and fit on two hexes! They are pretty damn close to the size represented in the movie when compared with 28mm figs (~20-25 feet tall). These Replicas should allow us to create Transformerscape, with the size and power that TFs should have, in figures that fit in well with the HS figs. (Groan if you will, but for those of us with kids, this could be a lot of fun )

Here are some cards I whipped up for the first wave of replicas:

(Note the use of the "S" and Wing - for flight - symbols. I'm figuring that at these costs, they'll scale better with Marvel than classic HS, hence the forum change).

I'm looking for feedback on these, and am looking forward to trying them out

9/6:

Here are a couple images taken on my crappy 1.3MP phone camera that show the scale of Bumblebee vs Braxas and a few other guys:

9/22:

Card for Optimus Prime, even though he hasn't been released yet in my area:

Old August 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM

Obsidian3d has disabled reputation
Very cool idea. Something like this would be the only reason for me to pick up the little Titanium figures.

Obsidian
Old August 22nd, 2007, 06:55 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
Wow...those look awesome....I want to draft megatron.

Cheers to all of you!

Cheers to your favorite crew!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I saw some Transformers customs around here somewhere in which the robot form had the listed move, range, and attack, along with whatever special powers he needed, and the vehicle mode was another special ability, with the same name as the vehicle, that replaced both the normal move and attack. That impressed me as a great way to convey the transforming aspect.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=9574

There are some pretty good Transformers, if you want something to help you along. But it looks like your first three are very good, keep up the good work.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ah yes, those were the ones I was thinking of.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:12 PM

Minor update:

-Reduced Barricade's wheel spike attack from +3 to +2.
-Changed Bumblebee's bonding to allow moving human hero before BB moves.
-Changed BB's carry to only work on friendly figures.
-Reduced Megatron's Attack bonus from +2 to +1, but made it apply to all Ruthless & Relentless figures, not just Decepticons.
-Slightly adjusted costs, based on some of the other supers I've seen on the site.
Old September 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Another update:

- Changed Megatron's Attack Bonus to include all Decepticons
- Increased Megatron's cost to 450
- Lowered Bumblebee's cost to 350
- Changed Barricade's +2 Attack bonus from Wheel Spikes to the Wheel Spikes Special Attack (R1D6, 2 attacks)
- Increased Barricade's cost to 380

And some preliminary stats for Optimus Prime:

Optimus Prime

Autobot
Unique Hero
Champion
Valiant
Huge 14

Life 10
Move 6
Range 6
Attack 7
Defence 8

Points 400

Matrix of Leadership
All friendly Autobot, Valiant and Disciplined figures gain +1 defence while Optimus Prime is in play. This bonus does not affect Optimus Prime.

Transform and Roll Out!
Instead of taking a turn with Optimus Prime, you may take turns with two of any Autobot or Valiant unique heroes you control within 10 clear sight spaces of Optimus Prime.

I'll do up the card when I have more time.

If the card images are too small to be usable on the screen, it's probably because I do up my cards in powerpoint :P I use PP because I don't have photoshop at work.

If you have powerpoint and want to print the cards out or make your own changes, let me know, and I'll upload the ppt file to my ftp site.
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:50 PM

Update:

Added images to show scale vs. HS figs.
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Wow, those fit in VERY well scale-wise. You should think about TNTing them sometime, they look well done.
Old September 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart
You just made the idea seem a lot better in my point of view.
Old September 7th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
I never thought I would want this until I saw them on the map. The scale is great! Doc Jr. will love this...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations