Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 31st, 2009, 11:58 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker
2 person squads?

How come there has only been one two person squad? I really think that wotc should make some more.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:59 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: 2 person squads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angear View Post
How come there has only been one two person squad? I really think that wotc should make some more.
Zettian Guards are a special breed...2 person squads are hard to work in...especially when 3 or 4 attackers and targets are more useful.
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:44 AM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

I do think two-man squads will become more common with the introduction of D&D figures. They may have to resort to that in order to keep filling boosters in waves.
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:06 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see a few 2 man common squads. With the D&D line being somewhat limited by the figure molds they alrady have on hand, I could see some 2 man squads comming down the D&D pipeline.

You could have one with double attack like the EI so you get 4 attacks per OM. As long as the rest of the unit design (ie. cost, stats, avilable synergy) is done properly, they could be a competative 2 man squad.

Another one could have a ranged AOE attack like shotgun blast. Two guys blowing holes into mobs of cheap squad figures would be well worth an OM.

A third option is to have one that only gets 1 normal attack each but bonds with a strong hero that currently has no bonding options. Then you would still get 3-4 attacks per order marker (depending upon who the hero is) from just a 2 person squad. Plus you could boost the usefullness of some heros that don't see much action now or are at least limited in their usefulness. I'd love to have a 2 man squad with either warwitch bonding or lawman bonding.
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:25 AM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ooh, I just got suddenly inspired by this.

Q-2 Assault Mechs

Common Squad of 2

Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Vicious Beatdown Special Attack Range 1. Attack 3. If you roll at least 2 skulls with Vicious Beatdown Special Attack, you must, if possible, move the defending figure one space directly away from the attacking Q-2 Assault Mech. This space may be up to 4 levels higher. Leaving engagement and falling rules apply, but the attacking Q-2 Assault Mech may not use its leaving engagement attack.

Meant more for shoving enemies around than regular swarming, but can always use attacks of 4 if necessary.
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:50 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

you know, I always wondered why myself. I think they should do it in the DND expansion pack. (jumping on the bandwagon here )

I think they could have some cool squads, like human sellswords, orc raiders, dragonlings- you know, the good stuff.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:06 AM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
you know, I always wondered why myself. I think they should do it in the DND expansion pack. (jumping on the bandwagon here )

I think they could have some cool squads, like human sellswords, orc raiders, dragonlings- you know, the good stuff.
I'm rooting for the sellswords because I just got my
second one for Christmas.
Old January 1st, 2010, 03:42 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Ive always wanted new 2 man squads.Course it looks like we gotta use customs to fill that big gap.
Plus tag teaming foes is what duos are good for.
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:01 AM

land.scape is surprisingly tart

A meaty 2-man squad that bonds with an under-utilized hero sounds like a nice change-up to me! Maybe make the special power/attack geared to kick in against other squads, like when they have multiple adjacent opponents. I've been kicking around the idea of a shield droid that protects adjacent friendlies from ranged attacks. This could fit the 2-man format.

Good trades: Just_A_Bill x3, Gypsy x2, Django, outforblood, eternaldream, Gromazeka, Sup3rS0n1c, jordy40 x2, BobofDeath's Dad, CheddarLimbo, delphic, Jesusfreak13, Tysac, GeneralRolando, Frylock.
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:07 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Pish, you all could be at least honest about the real reason.

It has been discovered that a two person squad, namely the Zettian Guards were proven to be so awesome that they nearly broke the entire heroscape system. The unleashed awesomeness did cause blindness in a few unfortunate cases. Since then, the game designers vowed never to make a two person squad.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:11 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jotun's brothers are the perfect opportunity to work in a two figure squad.
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM

Devo Hulk is surprisingly tart

A 2 person squad where one of the figures (your choice) gets two attacks would be interesting. Give them extra defense to make up for the less hit points, or make them Uncommon and give them more than 1 hit point?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion