Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old August 11th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
StarCraft The Board Game $47.97 or $55.96 shipped

Please, do not re-post this deal on Fatwallet or Slickdeals, as delivery takes 2 to 4 weeks, and too many orders might very well lead to having all orders cancelled. In that same vein, please, order one, not two or three to ebay off. Also, do not call Borders, do not ask them in the store to pricematch online, do not do anything to attract attention to this, or you WILL ruin it for everyone. Don't make me regret I shared this with you guys!

StarCraft was reviewed in one of the recent podcasts by Truth and MrBistro and got an outstanding review, it also made Game of the Year Origins Award. Being a fan of the PC game I figured it must be fun.

Go to Borders online:
http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=1589943252

Add to cart, then at check out apply promo code BC4777 for 40% off of the list price of one item.

EDIT: the code BC4777 can come back as expired, but at least two users (me and Jim) have been able to use it today, so your milage may vary on that one. However, you can instead use code OAP2008 for 30% off, making it $55.96.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format

Last edited by RobertDD; August 11th, 2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM

Yikes is surprisingly tart
Oops! The promotion code you entered is expired.

Very good price indeed. Thank you for posting it. I'm a StarCraft fan and I tried to order one but when I entered that code, I got a message indicating that the promotion code has expired. Is that a one time use code?
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Oops! The promotion code you entered is expired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yikes View Post
Very good price indeed. Thank you for posting it. I'm a StarCraft fan and I tried to order one but when I entered that code, I got a message indicating that the promotion code has expired. Is that a one time use code?
It is not a one time use code. It's actually the second time I've used it myself . The code has been known to generate an "expired" response before (not with me, but this code was posted on Slickdeals and you can do a quick search there and see that some people had issues a while back). I just used it a few hours ago myself for this game and it went through just fine.

I do believe that the code is still active in error, and should've been deactivated somewhere at the end of July.

I would delete my cookies and retry, if I were you.

Of course there is always the chance that the code was deactivated right after I placed my order, but unless somebody called them, I don't see why it all of a sudden would...

Edit: OK, I decided to try myself again, and you are right. Expired (who called?!?)
Here is another code for 30% off instead of 40% off that I confirmed still works - OAP2008
That gets you to $55.96

If all else fails, there is also SL5019 for 25% off ($59.96) (I tested this one too)

Last edited by RobertDD; August 11th, 2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old August 11th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: StarCraft The Board Game $55.96 shipped

The 40% off code worked for me just now, so it was $50 and some change.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Excellent! I've been wanting this game since I heard of it's existence. I was going to be looking for it at Gen Con, but why wait......

Update.

I could only get the 30% code to work. The other kept coming back "expired". I'm not complaining though.

Last edited by Greyelephant; August 11th, 2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:38 PM

After a few attempts, I actually got the 40% code to work. However, this item is now on backorder and it said that my order will ship in 2-4 weeks.

A tip for those who really want to stretch their dollar:

If you have a Discover Card Account account and like to shop at Borders, get some Borders gift cards. If you use $20 of your reward, you get a $25 gift card. With one gift card, you would save an addtional $5 on this game. With two gift cards, you would save $10. Unless you already have one or two gift cards ready, this wouldn't work here but this is a good tip for your future purchases.

Go through FatWallet.com and get an additional 3% off your purchase.

My total after tax comes out to be $45.49 with 1 Borders gift card and FatWallet cash back.

+Rep to you RobertDD . Thanks for posting this deal.
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

Re: StarCraft The Board Game $47.97 or $55.96 shipped

Yikes, the game was backordered even when I ordered it, hence the remark on the 2 to 4 week delivery time in my first post. I am glad that you got the game with 40% off, and thanks for the rep.

Now, I specifically asked not to report this to either fatwallet or slickdeals, so when I read you ordered through fatwallet I wasn't too happy with that. As long as there's 5 or 6 of us, anything below ten really, we stay under the radar and our games will arrive at some point between 3 and 5 weeks (well, one can only hope, of course). Once this hits either one of those two big deal sites, many, many orders will be placed, and then all orders will be cancelled by Borders before they ship a single one. I have seen it happen too often. I hope you did not just "kill the deal" for all of us for a lousy 3% extra.

Old August 11th, 2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post

Now, I specifically asked not to report this to either fatwallet or slickdeals, so when I read you ordered through fatwallet I wasn't too happy with that. As long as there's 5 or 6 of us, anything below ten really, we stay under the radar and our games will arrive at some point between 3 and 5 weeks (well, one can only hope, of course). Once this hits either one of those two big deal sites, many, many orders will be placed, and then all orders will be cancelled by Borders before they ship a single one. I have seen it happen too often. I hope you did not just "kill the deal" for all of us for a lousy 3% extra.
I did not post this on FatWallet. I click on a link at FatWallet to go to the Borders web site. When you do that you get a referral discount if you have a FatWallet account. This is not going to show up on FatWallet. There's no link to the product at all on FatWallet.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Jazzman2000 is surprisingly tart

Remember before doing this that this particular game is sold in FLGSs. So, if you'd rather pay more to support the FLGS in your area, that is an option.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

Quote:
Quote:

I did not post this on FatWallet. I click on a link at FatWallet to go to the Borders web site. When you do that you get a referral discount if you have a FatWallet account. This is not going to show up on FatWallet. There's no link to the product at all on FatWallet.
Ah, got it. I was not familiar with that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman2000 View Post
Remember before doing this that this particular game is sold in FLGSs. So, if you'd rather pay more to support the FLGS in your area, that is an option.
And that is a tough call every time I have to make it. I did just buy the D&D 4th edition from my FLGS for $100 instead of $50 at Amazon. That is because I play D&D with them every tuesday. I certainly do not have the excess cash laying around to keep doing that, though.

When I said a few months ago (when StarCraft first came out) that I would buy the game through them if we would get a bunch of players together for a Saturday afternoon game, the reply was that they were more than willing to order it for me, but getting a game together was going to be tough, with their Magic and D&D already going on every Saturday. I get the same response to HeroScape inquiries....

I believe strongly in supporting my FLGS (check my posts). I also believe strongly in that "the industry" needs to support the FLGSes. Quantity agreements between producers and big box stores allow those big box stores to sell games for cheaper than FLGSes can purchase them from their distributors. Is it really my job to keep ensuring the continued existance of the FLGS?

Like I said, I am conflicted...

By the way, honest answer, did you buy any of your scape at Wal*Mart, Target, Toys 'R Us or K-Mart at their discount prices ever since it has been available through your FLGS?

Last edited by RobertDD; August 11th, 2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I wasn't going to pull a Sir Hawthorne on you after you did us a favor by posting this deal here.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

Quote:
Quote:
I wasn't going to pull a Sir Hawthorne on you after you did us a favor by posting this deal here.
For a moment there I thought you were so gratefull you were going to send me your Sir Hawthorne...

It's all good. I am glad you finally got the 40% off to work. Lets hope we all get our games. Make sure to post here when you do, k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
The 40% off code worked for me just now, so it was $50 and some change.
Jim, I just noticed where you are from and I fully expect to be invited for a StarCraft Saturday at some point!

Last edited by RobertDD; August 11th, 2008 at 07:51 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales