Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old January 15th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Aldin’s Traps of Terror

Thanks guys! We're now at twenty! What do you think, should Vlad's Vampiric Vapor be an "Other" Trap or a "Damage" Trap? How about Ethel's Entity Exchange - should it be "Movement"?

~Aldin, classifyingly

ETA These are the three new ones:

Vlad’s Vampiric Vapor
A foul mist rises from the treasure, flowing through the adventurer and into his foe. Your opponent may transfer wound markers from a single one of his army cards to the card of the figure which tripped the trap until the card is empty of wound markers or until taking an additional wound marker would kill the figure.

Ethel’s Entity Exchange
The adventurer is instantly elsewhere! Your opponent switches the location of any figure on the board with that of the adventurer. Figures may only be replaced by another figure occupying the same number of spaces.

Luke’s Lousy Luck
On the way to the treasure, the adventurer unwittingly crushes a genuinely magical four-leaf clover. The next time a D20 is rolled it will have the worst result for the adventurer, a 1 if you roll it or a 20 if your opponent rolls it (for simultaneous rolls, both happen).

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 15th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I suggest the following classifications:

Vlad's = Damage

Ethel's = Movement

Luke's = Other

Newb.
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:08 AM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

It isn't all that special or complicated, but one I've had fun with is:
Awakening
If this trap is triggered immediately place Wo-Sa-Ga adjacent to the figure that triggered the trap. Wo-Sa-Ga must immediately attack and may only attack the figure that triggered the trap. Wo-Sa-Ga will remain until killed or the round ends and will take a turn after each turn the controller of the triggering figure takes. (Wo-Sa-Ga does use coil-crush when able).

I used this one in a Moria recreation. It was a blast. Wo-Sa-Ga followed Drake (SotM) around for the whole round, leaving Drake at 2 life. Wo-Sa-Ga was removed with 1 life left. I don't think Drake ever did get the treasure glyph.

If Wo-Sa-Ga is being played, I've also had fun using Tor-Kul-Na or Sujoah, but any kind of monster-type figure will work. Simply adjust the figure for the difficulty of the trap.
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:06 AM

Nivik23 is surprisingly tart

Metamorphosis
The opponent to your left may replace one of his unique heroes with any different unique hero not in play of equal or lesser point value. Any markers on the original army card are not transferred to the new army card. Any markers that the new army card would normally start with are placed (negation etc). The new army card retains the original army cards Species, Class & Personality.

Turncoat
The opponent to your left now controls this unit for the remainder of the game.

Unaligned Summon
The opponent to your left may place any unique hero not in play anywhere on the board. Any player with an army card with a bonding ability may use this unit instead through the bonding ability. The unaligned summon is always considered to be unfriendly except when taking a turn with him.

Valhalla's Musical Chairs
Starting with the player to your left and moving clockwise, a player may choose to switch all of his army cards for all of yours. If no player decides to, nothing happens.

Lesser Planar Inversion
For the remainder of the round, height is inverted. When counting levels of height (movement, height advantage etc) the number of levels up is now the number of levels down and vice versa.

Greater Planar Inversion
For the remainder of the round, all land terrain is considered to be water, water becomes grass, lava becomes swamp water, swamp water becomes lava, molten lava becomes shadow, shadow becomes molten lava, ice remains the same and height is inverted.

Last edited by Nivik23; September 9th, 2010 at 03:36 AM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

In a map I created, called Hades' Gate, the trap allows your opponent to take a turn with their X OM.

MegaSilver
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:40 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation

Those are some great ideas Nivik23. Just because I like to tweak stuff, I'd do a couple of those differently:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivik23 View Post
Metamorphosis
The opponent to your left may replace one of his unique heroes with any different unique hero not in play of equal or lesser point value. Any markers on the original army card are not transferred to the new army card. Any markers that the new army card would normally start with are placed (negation etc). The new army card retains the original army cards Species, Class & Personality.
The last sentence of Metamorphosis seems confusing and unnecessary. Take it out and you've got a great trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivik23 View Post
Lesser Planar Inversion
For the remainder of the round, height is inverted. When counting levels of height (movement, height advantage etc) the number of levels up is now the number of levels down and vice versa.
When I read the first sentence I thought you were going in a different direction. Here's a trap based on what I thought you were leaning toward:

Planar Inversion
Height Advantage is reversed, and now is determined by the figure who's base is LOWER than the opponent's figure.

Now think of all the figures who would be scrambling to get off the hills and down to the lower levels to get 'height' advantage! It's brilliant.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old September 11th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Those are some great ideas Nivik23. Just because I like to tweak stuff, I'd do a couple of those differently:

Planar Inversion
Height Advantage is reversed, and now is determined by the figure who's base is LOWER than the opponent's figure.

Now think of all the figures who would be scrambling to get off the hills and down to the lower levels to get 'height' advantage! It's brilliant.
I think that the other point of the trap is that a figure would have to count the levels moving down, while being allowed to "jump" up onto what used to be height in one move.

Would be hilarious in a Castle Map.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 11th, 2010, 06:18 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd think combining both of those into one trap would be very cool. Or even make an entire scenario with the Planar Inversion.

Old December 4th, 2011, 08:21 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Bumper15 posted this in Frylock's Battle Report Thread and I thought it was a pretty comical trap (I did change some of the wording but the main theme is still there):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
Falling rocks trap-

Roll the d20, 4-20 Nothing happens

1-3 roll three dice, one wound for every skull. If at least two wounds are inflicted, reduce figures size by one level, i.e. Huge to Large, Large to Medium, Medium to Small.

Adds some cartoon violence into the fight, and could have interesting effects like having Braxas' Acid Breath affecting figures it wouldn't normally affect.
Here's my version (I cut the D20 roll):

Rockslide
Roll three dice, for each skull rolled inflict one wound on the figure. If at least two wounds are inflicted, reduce the figures size by one level (???). Huge to Large, Large to Medium, Medium to Small. If the figure is a Small figure, destroy it.
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:36 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's Necro Time!!!!

Just found this thread and thought, there no wandering monster summoning on the trap list.

Piercing Squeal: DM or Opponent must place a wandering monster, worth up to 100 points, within 2 spaces of trap. It may immediately take a turn.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 11th, 2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Already use this one but with a Brandor Glyph.
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What rules do you use for wandering monsters, AMIS?

~Aldin, observing a casting of Raise Dead

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:31 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry for not getting back sooner, no sooner had I necrod than I misplaced this thread.

Winner of Initiative places monster(s) within 3 spaces of Glyph.
Select an opponent to take an immediate turn with the creature.

After the immediate turn the winner of that rounds inititive may then takes a turn with the monster at the end of the round if their "x" marker has not been revealed that round. Same every round after the introduction of the creature(s) with selected opponents rolling defense when required for the monster(s). (Try to chose the person who has offended the dice gods).

This means you could have two immediate turns with the monster or none at all.

Top three wandering for us have been Krug, Rechets of Bogdan (sp?) and Fen Hydra.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; July 26th, 2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Have know subsrcibed to this one...sometimes I feel like a doofus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios