Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Fellowship of the Rings complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name653 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Amazing! I love the Hobbits, but I think instead of Disengage, it should be called Sneak, seeing as these cards are based on the Lord of the Rings Combat Hex game (in that the hit zones are the figures from said game). And maybe they shouldn't have to stop when they become engaged? Maybe that would be too powerful, but if you go with it, you should reduce their speed by at least one. EDIT: Oh, and Aragorn's Engagement Strike should probably be called Engagement Strike 13.
I'm confused, figures normally do not have to stop when becoming engaged. And since disengage is the official name of the power, I'll stick with that. I picture the hobbits being small enough to walk under those humans' legs, not sneaking around so much.

Good idea with Engagement Strike 13, official powers add that in and I'll add that to mine.
Unless they're flying or using some other power, they gotta stop when they become engaged. Or at least, that's what the Marvel rulebook says. Oh! I didn't know that Disengage was an official power! Okay.
The Marvel rulebook doesn't say that.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Amazing! I love the Hobbits, but I think instead of Disengage, it should be called Sneak, seeing as these cards are based on the Lord of the Rings Combat Hex game (in that the hit zones are the figures from said game). And maybe they shouldn't have to stop when they become engaged? Maybe that would be too powerful, but if you go with it, you should reduce their speed by at least one. EDIT: Oh, and Aragorn's Engagement Strike should probably be called Engagement Strike 13.
I'm confused, figures normally do not have to stop when becoming engaged. And since disengage is the official name of the power, I'll stick with that. I picture the hobbits being small enough to walk under those humans' legs, not sneaking around so much.

Good idea with Engagement Strike 13, official powers add that in and I'll add that to mine.
Unless they're flying or using some other power, they gotta stop when they become engaged. Or at least, that's what the Marvel rulebook says. Oh! I didn't know that Disengage was an official power! Okay.
I'm afraid you have been playing incorrectly my friend

When I first starting playing I thought you got +1 defense for each tree you were adjacent to. I have no clue where in the world I got that idea from, since I didn't even have jungle rules to confuse it with. We all make mistakes.
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:28 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
When I first starting playing I thought you got +1 defense for each tree you were adjacent to. I have no clue where in the world I got that idea from, since I didn't even have jungle rules to confuse it with. We all make mistakes.
One of the groups I play with has a house-rule that rock outcrops give the +1 defense shadow bonus to all adjacent figures. I usually build the maps and it drives me crazy because I have to be really careful about where I put the outcrops.

--
--
--

--
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:42 PM

Name653 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm afraid you have been playing incorrectly my friend

Wow! I guess I got being Engaged in Heroscape mixed up with being Engaged in another game I play, Combat Hex. Thank you. So, if I move onto a space adjacent to someone and I keep moving, they get to Leaving Engagement attack me?

Jesus Rocks!
"[HoSS] is brilliant!" ~Grungebob
High Resolution Scanned Heroscape Cards
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Wow! I guess I got being Engaged in Heroscape mixed up with being Engaged in another game I play, Combat Hex.
It happens.

Quote:
Thank you. So, if I move onto a space adjacent to someone and I keep moving, they get to Leaving Engagement attack me?
No. If you move onto a space adjacent to an opponent's figure, you are considered engaged with that figure but you may continue to move. If you move onto a space that is not adjacent to an opponent's figure after being engaged with that figure, then it is considered leaving engagement and they have the option of rolling one attack dice against you and inflicting a wound if they roll a skull.

Does that help?

--
--
--

--
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:14 PM

Name653 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Wow! I guess I got being Engaged in Heroscape mixed up with being Engaged in another game I play, Combat Hex.
It happens.

Quote:
Thank you. So, if I move onto a space adjacent to someone and I keep moving, they get to Leaving Engagement attack me?
No. If you move onto a space adjacent to an opponent's figure, you are considered engaged with that figure but you may continue to move. If you move onto a space that is not adjacent to an opponent's figure after being engaged with that figure, then it is considered leaving engagement and they have the option of rolling one attack dice against you and inflicting a wound if they roll a skull.

Does that help?
Yes! Thanks a ton.

Jesus Rocks!
"[HoSS] is brilliant!" ~Grungebob
High Resolution Scanned Heroscape Cards
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Spring Cleaning the OP!!!

Hoorah, the OP has been restructured. Loading time is now 47.2% faster.

I added Magikarp to the OP. It is such a fun figure to play at huge 4+ player games. The shenanigans it creates...
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Magikarp, Thrawn, Boba Fett, and mo

Some more cards have been added to the OP. I've got a slew of Star Wars figures in the works.
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- ClassicScape customs

I've started to make more ClassicScape customs. I'll have to check out Auggies and see what figure he has that are really available.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Odysseus, Dzu-Teh, Lich added

New stuff added. I really want that Pathfinder Lich now.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:48 PM

I like your take on Odysseus. I'm thinking of making an Odysseus custom and I had entirely different powers in mind, but I like what you did and the way he works with the Greeks. Nice work.

--
--
--

--
Old June 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I like your take on Odysseus. I'm thinking of making an Odysseus custom and I had entirely different powers in mind, but I like what you did and the way he works with the Greeks. Nice work.
Actually, the only parts I can remember from my Odysseus custom don't work very well and yours has grown on me even more since I first looked at it.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards