Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 29th, 2008, 05:10 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Hep with an arrogant boss.

Okay I sit approximately 3 feet away form my boss who is very conservative Christian and constantly argues with me my religious and moral beliefs and standpoints, telling me that if I do not accept the truth hell is all that awaits me.

Any advice on how to deal with the issue?

DWARVES!
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Kick him in the junk.
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Start agreeing with him. Ask questions that he will be delighted to answer. Bring a bible to work. Read it every day during working hours...out loud if you like. Say things like, "Oh where did the time go" then clock out and go home.
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Check the want ads.

Old January 29th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
-Depending on the temperament of your boss, thank him/her for his/her concern for you but ask him/her nicely to please refrain from bringing up his relgious beliefs at the work place especially in a non-casual environment (break time, lunch, etc.).
-Keep the conversations to strictly business related issues and/or non-religious topics.
-Get some earphones and plug into some music...wear them even if you aren't listening to music.
-If he/she doesn't stop after your request, start looking for another job.

Newb.
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Say to him that these are peronal things and he has no right to bring that into the work space.At the supermarket where I work part-time my boss was kind of like this.Not about the bible but about everything else. My boss respected me [after I stood up to him! ] this could be replaced with this[ after I kicked him in the Nuts.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:35 PM

InThisMoment has disabled reputation
Ignore him, tell him no ever became religous through arguing, or look for an new job.
Conservative christians are impossible on so many levels, and i find it best to leave them alone. I had a girl at my old job who constantly railed on me for the way i dressed, swearing, the music i'd listen, or the films i'd see. Everything remotely interesting was sin to her. It was so dam.ned impertinent i left the job. She told me she'd pray that i turned from my sinful life every day. I almost smacked her.

Or, If all else fails, bring an ipod
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Code:
if $money = good
     {
          print "How is Jesus today, Sir.";
     }
else
     {
          search "database@Classifieds(all.jobs)";
     }

The reality is, it may be inappropriate for him to even bring that sort of thing up at work.... but if you need a job, then you need a job. Just watch the economy, and be warned.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:43 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!
I think your boss is over in one of the other threads.
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
I apologize for your situation. Nobody should be harassed in order to "convert" them, and it embarrasses me when other Christians act this way. I'm sorry you have to endure this.

More related to your request, it can be considered harassment for him to behave this way. If it's getting to you and interfering with your work, let him know it in a semi-official way. If he doesn't take the hint, file a complaint with your HR department.
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hep with an arrogant boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
Okay I sit approximately 3 feet away form my boss who is very conservative Christian and constantly argues with me my religious and moral beliefs and standpoints, telling me that if I do not accept the truth hell is all that awaits me.

Any advice on how to deal with the issue?
Introduce him to IMax.
Won't solve your problem, but oh- the comedy.
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General