Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old March 30th, 2019, 09:57 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 3/30/19 - Zigzag Version 2

Alright, decided to update Zigzag. Changed the left side so it was easier to reach the rock high point, without forcing you to traverse over the water. But I kept the glyph in the water, and you can still reach it by taking a turn into the water from the right side and middle of your start zone (and from the left side too). I like this much better. Thanks for the tip, and I think you guys will be happier with this version. @Sir Heroscape @Flash_19

Zigzag:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

There are a few maps I'm considering editing and uploading new versions of, namely The Flow and Mystic Discovery. I'm not against editing/updating maps of mine, but I'm going to be rather conservative about it as I don't want to constantly be making small tweaks and unnecessary changes to maps. Besides, other than the two I mentioned and maybe a couple more, I'm very pleased with pretty much all the maps I've made and I don't really see myself making much changes (at least that's how I feel at this moment).

Last edited by Cleon; March 30th, 2019 at 10:13 PM.
Old May 24th, 2019, 03:17 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

New maps soon to come.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:15 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice work Cleon. I might have to test this revised version. I can see some potential in tough strategy decisions from the first OM.
Old June 30th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Nice work Cleon. I might have to test this revised version. I can see some potential in tough strategy decisions from the first OM.
Thanks a lot my dude. I really like how it turned out and how it plays. The Jungle-Trench is fun.
Old June 30th, 2019, 05:55 PM
Baron of Beantown V

I plan on making an edit to Spider's Den and adding two glyphs to the far outsides. I might also change the middle glyphs from power glyphs to treasure glyphs but I'm still debating it. The big problem with that map is when someone like Q9 sits on the sand three-hex and surrounds himself with rats, an all-melee army really can't do anything. Adding glyphs to both of the outskirts will help alleviate this problem. Treasure glylhs replacing the middle ones will definitely fix it ultimately, but I'm debating it...whether I want to middle to be a temporary power zone for heroes or if I want to keep it a permanent power zone.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 04:46 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New 8/2/19 - V2 of SD and Backwash

Tweaked and updated two of my maps - Spider's Den and Backwash:

Spider's Den: (Version 2)

Download

Additional Photos:

Spoiler Alert!

Spider's Den's major problem was that a figure like Q9 could sit on the sand 3-hex and dominate both glyphs. Giving height in the hills on each side doesn't compensate enough for this, especially for an all melee army. So I moved the Power Glyphs to the outside hills on each side of the map, so that an opposing build can grab both glyphs to combat the scenario of a very strong ranged figure sitting on the sand 3-hex. Also it might deter the figure from sitting or staying on that spot entirely. Additionally, I added two Treasure glyphs in the Hive's water in place of the original ones to encourage heroes to move down and grab them, and give a potential counter attack from height if a hero chooses to do that. Or could be used for a melee's bonding hero(es) to grab in that previously feared scenario. And I changed the original glyph placement over one so that most heroes can't grab the treasure glyph on turn 1 (notably Q9), and moved the water around slightly so that both treasure glyphs are more accessible for both sides. I think this greatly fixes this map and I'm very happy with it.

Backwash: (Version 2)

Download

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

For Backwash, the problem with the map was the high level plateau-esq section that overlooks the ice lake, and the fact that it was very hard to get to for slower figures. Too good for dragons and other flyers, and even just faster figures in general. So I completely reworked the plateau area so that it's not only easier to access from each start zone, but also from the lower ice. Also swapped most of the highest points to snow and moved them more behind the 3-hex glacier, rather than wrapping around it. The other big change, if that's not enough, is I made the far glyph on the other side of the hive to a static move glyph. I think that if you still have trouble reaching the plateau, or lose the plateau, securing the move glyph will certainly give you the strength to take or retake the plateau. I don't really think other parts of the map need a move boost, despite the heavy snow, but now the batches of heavy snow won't be as difficult to jump on, if it ever was before (I didn't see it as an issue). But the purpose of it is to better connect the plateau with the rest of the map and I think it solves it.

------

I have a couple new maps to get up next, and need to finish Greenlands so I can get the Bloodlands-Greenlands duo up finally. And there's another Version 2, of Crush, I want to get up too. But I'm not satisfied with it yet. I was going to include it with these but I think it needs more work. Basically the problem is how to deal with Zelrig for that one.

Spoiler: the next map I'm putting up is a 1 SotM + 1 FotA map.

Last edited by Cleon; August 3rd, 2019 at 05:49 AM.
Old August 4th, 2019, 04:35 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 8/3/19 - Grinder

New map!

Grinder:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 SotM, 1 FotA
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs

I've been working on this one for the past two weeks and it took what felt like forever to get the build right...I kept scrapping it over and over. But I eventually got the build to be roughly what I was picturing in my head and finally it fit together.

SotM maps can be quite annoying. You have so many 7-hexes and minimal other, smaller hex types.

Last edited by Cleon; August 4th, 2019 at 06:53 AM.
Old August 6th, 2019, 02:31 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 8/5/19 - Black Ice

Here's another new one. It's a short and sweet BftU/TT map I whipped up:

Black Ice:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 BftU, 1 TT
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs

Enjoy
Old August 6th, 2019, 09:40 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Oooo, I really like Grinder. That looks like a fun and interesting one to play. I really like the pathing and LoS setup. I’ll have to put that on my list of “nexts”

Black Ice I’m a bit concerned about though, that 3-hex with a 1-hex on top right in front of the startzone is an extremely strong Raelin perch as it allows you to cover 1 glyph and have maximum visibility while protecting your units through the low ground middle on both sides of the glacier (and they’ll get shadow). She’d be in a great spot with little chance of being engaged by an opponent and always having height.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 8th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Oooo, I really like Grinder. That looks like a fun and interesting one to play. I really like the pathing and LoS setup. I’ll have to put that on my list of “nexts”

Black Ice I’m a bit concerned about though, that 3-hex with a 1-hex on top right in front of the startzone is an extremely strong Raelin perch as it allows you to cover 1 glyph and have maximum visibility while protecting your units through the low ground middle on both sides of the glacier (and they’ll get shadow). She’d be in a great spot with little chance of being engaged by an opponent and always having height.
Thank you my dude

Yeah, that's true, but her aura doesn't reach any of the highest snow points (level 3) besides the one blocked by the 6-hex glacier and what she covers there is a lot of level 0 stuff (there is shadow though) and level 1 near-start zone spots. You can also shoot at her from two of the level 3 spaces (near the glyph she covers) without being engaged by units within her aura. I think it works, but I see what you mean.

I guess Raelin perches just don't concern me very much in general. When I make a map my main concerns when thinking about specific figures are too strong of spots for Q9/Q10/Nilfheim/Braxas, Dragon perches, Moltenclaw regarding lava, too strong spots for AE (and to a lesser extent Protectors, Moltenclaw, Wyrmlings, and Atlaga), 4th Mass/10th Reg clusters, Zelrig bomb, and maybe rats clogging bottlenecks. Not every map gets all of those things perfectly clear but that's what I'm mostly thinking about. Maybe it's because personally I fear a lot of things more than I fear Raelin when I go into a match? I don't know.

But it's something to think about. Thank you for the feedback

Last edited by Cleon; August 8th, 2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old August 18th, 2019, 06:32 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: Taking Requests

Now taking requests for map ideas to build. If you want to see a certain terrain combination, or style of map, or just a particular thing built into a map, post a comment and I'll try to build it within a few days of the post. Right now I have about 5 maps in the works, but I kind of am at a standstill with each of them so I'd like to tackle other maps while I'm in a creative slump with the others. Let me know if there's something you'd like to see.

(Keep it within the general realm of competitive maps....24-hex SZs, not a million glyphs, not a million sets of terrains)
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Cleon's Maps: Taking Requests

I'd like to see your take on a single MS map, either BftU or SotM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios