Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old February 12th, 2007, 02:43 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt

I'd say it's fair, both folks have the same amount of Marvel points so why not,
I don't think "Marvel Points" should be different from "Classic Points" though. If you're going to mix the two, then the Marvel figures need to be scaled similar enough so that a person could take 220 classic points and still do well against Iron Man. If you're going to mix the two games, then you can't say that its only fair if both sides actively use Marvel figures.

I actually think Iron Man is priced fairly well at 220 points now that I really think about it. There are some "simply broken" scenarios I can think of (mostly anything involving castles), but some problems were to be expected. I think the Marvel characters might work well in most single Masterset games. They just become a little questionable on some of the larger maps I've built.

I'm curious about the second Ruin too. There was definitely a smaller one in the original pictures. I'm also excited to see what the new glyphs could bring to the game. Should be interesting no matter how you look at it
Old February 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt

I'd say it's fair, both folks have the same amount of Marvel points so why not,
I don't think "Marvel Points" should be different from "Classic Points" though. If you're going to mix the two, then the Marvel figures need to be scaled similar enough so that a person could take 220 classic points and still do well against Iron Man. If you're going to mix the two games, then you can't say that its only fair if both sides actively use Marvel figures.
Fair enough. I just figured dividing the two into "Marvel" and "Classic" point styles would be easier since deciphering the "Classic" point scale still hasn't been accomplished, so modding Ironman's stats to fit better into "Classic" would only be left to conjecture.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:03 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Well after seeing these pics, I'm not very interested in marvelscape. I don't really like the way the ruin looks and I think the terrain is the only selling point for me. Somebody else pointed out that the black would look really good next to lava so that's what I'm going to do with it. I'll buy 1 set of this and no more.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old February 13th, 2007, 02:15 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
Well after seeing these pics, I'm not very interested in marvelscape. I don't really like the way the ruin looks and I think the terrain is the only selling point for me. Somebody else pointed out that the black would look really good next to lava so that's what I'm going to do with it. I'll buy 1 set of this and no more.
Wow. Can I ask what turned you off besides the ruin?
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM

TweetyBird has disabled reputation
Aesthetically speaking, I was hoping for more thematically named powers.

Other games I'm currently enjoying:
BattleLore
Capes & Cowls
Return of the Heroes
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:46 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm still not sold on the Hulk being Medium. He is exactly twice as big as SPidey on the fornt of the box. He should be large IMO.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:51 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
I'm still not sold on the Hulk being Medium. He is exactly twice as big as SPidey on the fornt of the box. He should be large IMO.
Agreed. If not sounds like a Houston group customization is in order.

In other news... I was hoping each figure has at least 2 powers (specials) which looks like a strong possibility. I hate to see flying as a power still though, its so self explanatory and would be nice if it didnt take up space on the card. Also it doesn't look very likely that they are going to color code anything just put the color that goes with the hero. Plus it still looks like an open inventation for squads to be added noting the "unique hero" on iron mans card along with others. Of course everything I have said here is obvious, but I like the way its looking so far.

Old February 13th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Levi Woo who?
Quote:
The Sentinels of Jandar are only Medium 6 and they are twice the size of Deadeye Dan (Medium Size 5).
Old February 13th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi
Quote:
The Sentinels of Jandar are only Medium 6 and they are twice the size of Deadeye Dan (Medium Size 5).
I think that depends on which Sentinels you have. I have two squads of sentinels and one is Medium 6 and the other is Medium 5 IIRC.
Old February 13th, 2007, 08:30 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
I believe that was addressed about the medium 5 medium 6 ordeal. The difference though is that the Sentinels of Jandar are made up characters from the minds of the creators of Heroscape. While Hulk is a fiction character as well, he is a well known Huge character in the Marvel Universe. Which has been around way longer than any Heroscape character.

I might contradict myself for a second here because I would believe that the Medium "5" Medium "6" thing really just deals with how tall the figure is not nessacarily there stature and how they present themselves as being a bulky figure. That being said I still think Hulk is proportionatly smaller than what he should be. It's ok though I'll love him like the rest none the less.

Old February 13th, 2007, 11:04 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker
I think it's nice that the hulk is medium. He can go up and down the later. I do want to see how they make them get on the runes.(hulk more then likely has a normal jump)
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:09 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Man...Hulk should be at least as big as Major Q9 or Q10. Then again I remembered we've been advised not to incorporate marvelscape gameplay with heroscape. Gameplay includes the cards; points, stats, powers...and figures. But what we can do is, use the cards as guidelines and augment/customize the stats or powers or points if its not relative to the standard heroscape.

Who knows, we might even change our heroscape gameplay to marvelscape gameplay if it proves to be more fun. But I doubt it...but then I doubt that I doubt it, but then again I might doubt that last doubt or maybe not hehehe.

I dont think marvelscape will have a 2 spaced figure sometime. Not until they make Galactus HAhahaha.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News