Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 17th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Drow Chainfighter Pre-Release Discussion

Well guys, we've done this for the last two releases to keep books clear but provide a spot for unit discussion without stuff getting lost in the preview discussion threads. So let's do it again!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Drow Chainfighter Pre-Release Discussion

He is a wonder at pulling people off of castles.

Edit: And he 'splodes!

Old February 17th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Never argue with a Drow Chainfighter. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Or a chain. Probably a chain.

~Aldin, reinventing an old quote for a new generation

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I definitely like the idea of dragging people into engagement only to asplode spiders all over them.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Chain chain chain
Chain chain chain
Chain chain chain
Chain of drow!

Several chain fighters could chain pass an enemy all the way down the board!
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:41 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

He is also a guard so the Warden has another one to give his extra movement to.

That is a movement of seven!
Old March 13th, 2010, 03:05 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
I wonder if [the Warden] will get more play with the Chainfighter. Sure the drow is only a filler unit, but he seems to be well worth his points.
Red words changed to make sense here, this was pulled from the Warden's book.

I really don't think this guy is a filler. I really liked this army...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroking1 View Post
4x Drow
Pelloth
4x Drow Chain Fighter
Marcu
500/18
... from the "I could beat that" thread, and I think the Chain fighters really play an important roll here. They have good stats, great move, and can pull a target they couldn't quite reach into a very dangerous place.

I'd really like to see this army or one like it in action; the OMs may be a little difficult, but I think once you get the hang of it you'll give some strong melee armies and some other ranged armies a run for their money.

Of course it's one major weakness is Large/Huge figures.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old March 14th, 2010, 04:23 AM

Looking East knows what's in an order marker Looking East knows what's in an order marker

I am quite fond of this little guy. He reminds me a bit of Isamu. He is a cheap little filler unit that you can send out as an annoying guerrilla ambush fighter. Both the chain fighter and Isamu have a potent secondary 20 sided defense roll that can make your opponent either waste moves trying to snipe them or more likely just ignore them and go after bigger targets. Both are highly mobile. You can spend an OM to position him just out of range on the flanks somewhere before the battle really gets started, preferably on a shadow tile and simply wait for a juicy target to stroll into striking distance. Occasionally put the X marker on him so when you decide to actually use him it won't be apparent.

His chain grab effectively extends his threat another three spaces making him dangerous at up to 9 spaces away. With a little luck, I could see him striking deep enough with his defense and mobility to hit choice targets like the krav or perhaps even raelin. Dragging an unsuspecting Raelin off her perch and exposing the units she was covering would be a beautiful thing. His attack score is high enough that he can actually hit a target pretty hard and the chain grab can be used to drag juicy perched targets down to his lvl to rob them of that extra defense dice. The fact that you can only get one attack per OM with him keeps him from being used as a core unit to an army but I think as a mean, pestering little filler he is quite cool.

I really like these new units that can be used to disrupt enemy ranks. I think I even prefer the chainfighter to the wyvern. People will see that big nasty wyvern as a threat and will treat it as such while this shady little guy sits back in the shadows and is ignored until you do something nasty with him and then its to late because he just earned his points. Even if your enemy guns him down, if he is sitting on shadow they will likely whiff quite a few shots on his 5 defense and 20 side roll.

Last edited by Looking East; March 14th, 2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

This guy is looking pretty good working with the deepwyrm drow. He can chain a hero like Tandros or Valguard or someone else with high life, attack it, then on the next turn, the deepwyrm drow can attack, hopefully with height, and get in their poison rolls. Pretty neat.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units