Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old April 15th, 2010, 03:02 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A Collection of Ideas

Estivara's Orb (Temporary Treasure Glyph)
After taking a turn with this figure, you may use Estivara's Orb. While the figure remains on that space, it has no visible Hit Zones.

Rod of Negation (Temporary Treasure Glyph)
The Rod of Negation glyph comes with 1 Negation Marker. If you have not used the marker, and after taking a turn with this figure, you may choose any opponent's unique figure within 6 clear sight spaces of this figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-15, nothing happens. If you roll a 16-19, place the Negation Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. All of that figures special powers are negated for the entire game. If you roll a 20, destroy the chosen figure.
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Chardris1287, the treasure must be something very special to have that kind of trap. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-hex pole (unless it was absolutely necessary to complete the scenario).
I don't know. We often play with 2 wound traps. This is in some ways better. There is a chance of nothing happening and only a small chance of something worse than 2 wounds. (Even the paralyzing gas can be mitigated a bit, by having a unit attempt the roll on their last active turn.)

I think it's kind of fun, if, yes, risky.

(BTW, I dropped the occurrence rates in my version just a bit, so that it seems a bit less dangerous, fwiw.)
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:55 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Chardris1287, the treasure must be something very special to have that kind of trap. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-hex pole (unless it was absolutely necessary to complete the scenario).
That's what Thorgrim is for.
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I understand what you are saying, 1Mmirg, about switching the dart traps around. However, I don't exactly have a 'snappy' name for the trap list. I've just been calling it, "trap list" I dunno, how about the "Roll of Fate"? after all you are letting the d20 decide the fate of your character. "If a hero fails to disarm the trap they must make a Roll of Fate to decide their outcome."

So taking 1Mmirgs advice my new Roll of Fate list is:

1: Ray of Disintigration-Instantly destroy the figure
2-5 Paralyzing Gas-Remove all unrevealed order markers on your unit's army card
6-10: poison dart trap-the figure recieves 2 wounds.
11-18: normal dart trap-the figure recieves 1 wounds.
19-20: faulty trap-The dice gods have smiled on you, nothing happens.

I had thought of the concept of a mimic too. Say like you rolled a 1, you would destroy the treasure card, and place a custom made mimic on the board (under the control of an opponent of course) and now you have a new monster to fight. The mimic would instantly get one turn. However, I don't have a custom mimic so I stick with the instant death trap as my #1 d20 roll.
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Added

Treasure;
Estivara's Orb
Rod of Negation

Trap;
Roll of Fate
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:37 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Why are most trap mechanics using autowounds in stead of attacks? This seems pretty punitive to low life, high defense, high cost heroes.

I really like the trap being used at Gencon: "A failed trap roll on a Treasure Glyph results in a 3 die attack being leveled at the Hero, rolled by the opponent. The affected Hero may roll defense dice."
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Why are most trap mechanics using autowounds in stead of attacks? This seems pretty punitive to low life, high defense, high cost heroes.

I really like the trap being used at Gencon: "A failed trap roll on a Treasure Glyph results in a 3 die attack being leveled at the Hero, rolled by the opponent. The affected Hero may roll defense dice."
Sounds good. I don't suppose you have a link for where you saw that?

To answer your question, this is simply a list of things people have thought of and shared. Anyone is free to use what they see here, certainly no one is forced to use any of it. I expect most of this is used in home-games for fun but I think there is at least one or two tournament that have been held with a few things pulled from here, either directly or altered in some way.

Found one : Dayton, Oh. Crawl 2/27

Last edited by Darkmage7a; April 15th, 2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Quote:
I just pulled it from the first post of the Gencon 2010 Events thread.
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Quote:
I just pulled it from the first post of the Gencon 2010 Events thread.
Added,
Thanks for the update Dok
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

I've not considered this option. Mostly because I have never seen defense dice rolled outside of an opposing figure's attack. Doesn't make sense to me to roll defense dice against a special ability that inflicts a wound on you, like commanders strike or dragon swoop. However, this isn't to say that someone couldn't design a trap to work the way you plan for it. maybe to even the odds you could just roll one attack dice and if you roll a skull you get a wound, anything else is a miss. that's a 50/50 chance to avoid a wound.
Old April 19th, 2010, 02:36 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I'd like to make a contribution! Though some of the things I've made are probably a little to powerful...

Heart of Tarrasque: +3 Maximum life. After each opponent's turn, if this figure was not attacked you may remove one wound marker from this card.

Monkey King Bar: When defending against this figure, the defender receives no defense bonuses from sources not on it's card. (No height, auras, glyphs, spirits, nothing. But defensive abilities on the card still work.)

Dwarven General's War Helm: After revealing an OM on a card with less than the amount of figures shown on the card you may instead take a turn with this figure.

Hyper Stone: This figure may attack one additional time.

Battle Standard: After revealing an OM on this figure, you may take a turn with up to 2 squad figures you control. These figures may not activate any other figures during their turns.

Shaman's Totem of Rage: Once during your turn pick a squad member within 4 clear sight spaces, that figure may attack one additional time. Any figure being affected by more than 2 Shaman's Totems in one turn are destroyed at the end of the turn.

Shaman's Totem of Strength: Once during your turn pick a squad member within 4 clear sight spaces, any skulls rolled by that figure count as 2 skulls. Any figure being affected by more than 2 Shaman's Totems in one turn are destroyed at the end of the turn.

Shaman's Totem of Haste: Once during your turn pick a squad member within 4 clear sight spaces, that figure may move an additional 2 spaces this turn. Any figure being affected by more than 2 Shaman's Totems in one turn are destroyed at the end of the turn.

Shaman's Totem of Shielding: Once during your opponent's turn pick a squad member within 4 clear sight spaces, that figure may defend with 2 additional defense dice. Any figure being affected by more than 2 Shaman's Totems in one turn are destroyed at the end of the turn.

Shaman's Totem of Power: Once during your turn pick a squad member within 4 clear sight spaces, that figure gets +2 attack. Any figure being affected by more than 2 Shaman's Totems in one turn are destroyed at the end of the turn.

Reversal Stone: This figure may choose make it's attack before it moves.

And some joke treasures I hope you enjoy...

Sack of Potatoes: -2 move, Disengage. Instead of attacking, you may give this treasure to an adjacent hero, that hero must take the Sack of Potatoes. This treasure cannot be dropped or discarded in any way other than handing it to another hero.

Laser Pointer: If an adjacent ally would be attacked by a non-adjacent figure, and this figure has a clear line of sight to the attacking figure's point of sight, the attacking figure gets -1 attack.

Second Aid Kit: If an adjacent figure is attacked and takes a wound roll the D20, if you roll a 7 or higher do nothing because second aid is to slow.

Binoculars: You may now see all your opponent's figures on the board. (There they are!)

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Last edited by GreenLanturn; April 19th, 2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:22 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I like having to switch things around - I puts a wrench in things and may be good or bad to set off the trap, even depending on how the game is going.

Traps
(Order Marker/Control, Wound/Damage, Teleport/Movement,
Stat Altering, Misc.)

Order Interruptus: (Lefton4ya)
Instead of taking a turn with an unrevealed 2 or 3 order marker, you must take a turn with the X marker. If this is your last turn this round, you may not roll for initiative the following round.

Hit Yourself: (Lefton4ya)
Roll attack dice of the number of your normal attack for damage. You may roll your defense and take the number of excess skulls as wounds.

Teleport Switcharoo: (Lefton4ya)
Pick an opponent. That player must switch any one of his or your figures with the figure that set off the trap. Neither figure rolls for disengagement.

Switch Hitter/Defender: (Lefton4ya)
Your player must switch his Attack and Defense values for the remainder of the game.

EDIT: Realized "Reversal" already had this. How about:
Uppers and Downers: (Lefton4ya)
Pick an opponent who will chose whether your Attack or Defense value is decreased by one and the other is increased by one.

Glyph Switch (Lefton4ya)
Choose an opponent who chooses a glyph this one is switched with. The switched glyph may be unrevealed, revealed but on the board, or carried by a hero, but you may not reveal the treasure glyph before switching. [Please suggest better wording for this as well as contingencies for all possibilities with this one]

Last edited by lefton4ya; April 29th, 2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Switched a Trap

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios