Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 10th, 2014, 03:36 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Underground Catacombs - Playtesting Phase

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST MAP: [COLOR="Gray"]Underground Catacombs Map[/COLOR

Overall Look:
The map looks decent. I think it represents the theme well. It has a lot of close quarter combat, which makes sense and fits well. It features shadow, grey, road, and rocks. Nothing stands out as not belonging.

Stability:
The map stayed together perfectly fine. No issues came up while playing or moving around.

Build difficulty:
It was a tad bit difficult distinguishing between road and dungeon terrain, but iltimately it was figured out and completed. It probably took me around 30 minutes to build the map initially. I think with repeated builds it would get easier. Not too difficult.

Size:
The map was average sized compared to most other competitive sized maps thus far. It compares most to the Sewer Labyrinth, maybe a bit longer. It was decent sized, not leaving you feeling too cramped, but still managing to get across the theme.

Unit types positively affected:
The units positively affected are ones who benefit from either road or shadow terrain.

Unit types negatively affected:
Units negatively affected would be ones that have to manage clear sight in order to lead their team, or use area of affect special powers etc. However, both games were won with a unit who led using clear sight.

Key areas on the Map:
The biggest key area on the map would be the starting zones, and the initial area right next to the starting zone when you first step up onto the road. That's where the battle took place each game, fot the most part.

Areas not used much or at all:
Only a little bit took place in the middle.

Army Test 1
Does it pass, Yes or No?
-Yes
Give a brief overview:
-The Soldiers quickly spread from the starting area, whereas the Investigators sent out Lobster Johnson. Cap led the charge, with Uncle Sam and Silver Surfer running backup. Later, Bucky would also join the fray. After they defeated Lobster Johnson, who managed to get a couple wounds on both Cap and Surfer, the Soldiers pushed the pressure on the Investigator's base. Cap. making sure to give his team the Avenger bonus, brought in Bucky and Uncle Sam, while Surfer stayed behind. Uncle Sam duked it out with Hellboy, with Bucky and Cap throwing in a couple ranged special attacks, with Uncle Same eventually eliminating Hellboy. The Investigators answered back by taking out both Bucky and Uncle Sam. Surfer came in to help out Cap, while Falcon stayed back at the base. The fight continued, the Investigators almost took out Cap, while Surfer still was at half life, but ultimately Liz damaged her own team with her special. Multiple Men and Abe Sapien couldn't continue for very long, not could Liz or Lobster Johnson, so they were brought down by Cap and Surfer in their own base.
Units:
Captain America, Uncle Sam, Silver Surfer, Bucky Barnes, Falcon (1080)
vs.
Hellboy, Lobster Johnson, Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman, Multiple Man x 7 (1080)

Falcon 0 wounds, Cap 4 wounds, Silver Surfer 3 wounds.

Army Test 2
Does it pass, Yes or No?
-Yes
Give a brief overview:
-Trickster was sent out right away, to get the jump on the Titans as Nightwing tried getting himself, Tempest, and Starfire towards the middle. Trickster threw itching powder on Starfire, then retreated back to his base. The Titans pushed forward, using Tempest to lock areas down with water tiles, and for a wound or two on the Rogues. Tempest was eliminated, and Starfire was soon taken out. Beast Boy went all Cheetah on the other team, and killed off Pied Piper in the Enthusiastic Rogue's base, as Raven made her way to help out Nightwing. Nightwing kept the pressure on the Enthusiastic Rogues, with the help of Beast Boy, however the Enthusiastic ones, especially Molly Hayes in the early rounds, did their damage. They disposed of Molly Hayes, but Beast Boy was taken out by Zero-G while trying to escape and heal. Nightwing and Raven managed to kill off G, then Energizer, and Mass Master. Soon it was down to the Rogues and Invisible Woman. Cyborg came to the aid, but Nightwing was taken out by Captain Cold. In the end, Cyborg and Raven proved to be too much for the Rogues to handle, with Weather Wizard being the last to go.
Units:
Nightwing, Raven, Beast Boy + Transformations, Starfire, Cyborg, Tempest (1210)
vs.
Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Pied Piper, Trickster, Invisible Woman, Zero-G, Molly Hayes, Mass Master, Energizer, Lightspeed (1200)

Raven 2 wounds, Cyborg 0 wounds.

Final Thoughts:
I think the map certainly works. It gives off a close quarter vibe, which fits the theme of an underground catacombs well. In these 2 games, both times they were pretty close outcomes, with the winner being the one who managed to put the pressure on the other person's base. It felt like a decent balance. The road certainly helps it go quicker, which is nice. All around a fun map to play on. Setting it up was a little confusing at times, due to all the grey, dungeon, and road getting confusing. However, it served its purpose, and it wasn't too difficult. It's hard to go wrong with a symmetrical based map, as it's always going to be pretty well balanced just off that factor alone. So I see no glaring issues here, for any type of unit.

Last edited by Arkham; August 10th, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old August 10th, 2014, 10:10 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks a lot, Sock, though you should have used the Map Playtesting format:
Spoiler Alert!

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old August 10th, 2014, 01:01 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I couldn't find an official template anywhere, so I just looked at past ones to draw the layout from. Regardless, it's updated.
Old August 28th, 2014, 05:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Can I just drop a review here?

EDIT: oh heck, here I go:

Overall Look: Only built online, but I like the look. One could argue that an underground catacomb should have dungeon not road, but the look works this way, and as I get to below, the roads are important.

Stability: N/A

Build difficulty: N/A

Size: A little long, but not horribly long. Narrow for sure. This map could easily get clogged in a squad-heavy game but it's probably fine for C3G.

Unit types positively affected: Walking figures appreciate the road bonus, for sure. Melee figures can close quickly, and have lots of places to hide from LoS. Figures with ranged powers that don't need LoS can do nasty stuff to people on the other sides of walls.

Unit types negatively affected: Long ranged units, usually so strong in C3G, are at a relative disadvantage in the close quarters of this map. Units that rely on clear sight to use their powers on friend or foe can easily lose contact on this map.

Key areas on the Map: The choke points. My biggest (only?) complaint with this map is that there are a number of choke points that also have the high ground. If the key choke points gave up height to the more open spots, then this would force you to either let figures through the gaps, or give up height when blocking those spots.

Areas not used much or at all: Basically the entire map was used. I was quite impressed with this. In particular, I really enjoyed how figures would find an alternative passage and (with the help of the road bonus) get around behind enemy figures.

Game (pass):
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: Not a map I would necessarily play on all the time, but I think the theme is executed well. The roads really make it work. My only gameplay concern is the choke points with height advantage, but even that is manageable.

Last edited by dok; August 28th, 2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:13 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Bumping this; does anyone have objection to moving this forward?

My SuperScape Maps
Old October 21st, 2014, 04:43 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

None from me.
Old October 21st, 2014, 04:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm a bit concerned about inexperienced play testers using this map for testing powerful ranged units or figures that rely on LOS for a significant power set, but I don't know if anything can be done about that. Heroes will just need to weight those test results accordingly. Propose to move it forward and I'll give you my vote.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 11:37 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Moving forward seems fine to me.

Old October 23rd, 2014, 09:52 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Okay then, I propose to move to final editing.

VOTES:
A3n - Yea
johnny139 - Yea
quozl -
Smithy Winfred -
Taeblewalker -
Yodaking - Yea

My SuperScape Maps

Last edited by Zettian Juggernaut; October 31st, 2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 11:34 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Underground Catacombs - Vote for Final Editi

yea
Old October 23rd, 2014, 03:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old October 23rd, 2014, 04:54 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library