Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 21st, 2014, 11:58 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Tomb Skeletons

Hi all,

This past weekend I was lucky enough to acquire a few squads of the Reaper sculpts of these guys. The bases seem really small and not sturdy. It doesn't change much of their height, but would it be ok to just glue their current base onto a custom base like it shows in the picture on the first post of this thread?
Old July 21st, 2014, 12:20 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

That's what I did. Since Heroscape dies not have hard and fast rules governing custom use.. in a tournament setting, it up to the Tournament Director if he/she has has a problem with that set up.

If you are using them mostly for home use, then its up to you how you re-base...in my opinion.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 21st, 2014, 12:21 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
That's what I did. Since Heroscape dies not have hard and fast rules governing custom use.. in a tournament setting, it up to the Tournament Director if he/she has has a problem with that set up.

If you are using them mostly for home use, then its up to you how you re-base...in my opinion.
Thanks! That's what I figured, but with currently only owning 3 squads, I doubt I would use them in a tournament. Thanks again!
Old January 2nd, 2015, 06:36 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Unused Indent tag right after synergy imposed in the OP.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 2nd, 2015, 12:38 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmm, these guys really are cool it's a shame we don't have a skeleton commander of some sort to take the lead and make them into a stand alone build though.
Old July 9th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Tomb Skeleton's card back is really weird, the front is fine, like 5/5 inches, but the back is like 3 feet by 3 feet. Just thought someone might want to know, it might be a problem in other cards.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 02:34 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
The Tomb Skeleton's card back is really weird, the front is fine, like 5/5 inches, but the back is like 3 feet by 3 feet. Just thought someone might want to know, it might be a problem in other cards.
I came to comment on the same thing. It caused my print shop some grief. I just sent them the images from the gallery instead. But would be nice if someone could fix the pdf for future uses.

Update: Turns out the gallery image is goofed up in size too. My print shop can resize things, but it means labor charges. I'll be doing it manually in Photoshop and then sending them in to be printed. If anyone else has these challenges in the future, PM me. I'll hold onto my resized image and can share it upon request.

Last edited by bmon; December 22nd, 2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Updated
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:48 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone know a good place to get these minis? One of the last thing to fill in. I have two of the shield ones from one of the dungeon commander sets.
Old December 24th, 2016, 10:23 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Anyone know a good place to get these minis? One of the last thing to fill in. I have two of the shield ones from one of the dungeon commander sets.
I picked up 2 each of these 3 packs...

https://www.reapermini.com/Miniature...n/latest/77017
https://www.reapermini.com/Miniature...n/latest/77001
https://www.reapermini.com/Miniature...n/latest/77242

I believe 2 are official sculpts. 1 isn't but is super close.

I know they are unpainted, but all I can say is I've never painted a miniature before this year and have found it to be very easy and actually kind of rewarding. These skeletons are about as easy as you can get as there isn't really any detail to worry about.

On that note, I've gotta say that these Reaper minis are great. I like how they offer both painted and unpainted options. Most of the VC Reaper figs I've picked up unpainted as availability seems to be better for them.
Old January 12th, 2017, 05:18 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you just want to use these guys as mass filler in a dungeon crawl type scenario, these might fit the bill. I haven't purchased yet, but am considering it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004DK4FO0/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IDBZPIU/

100 Skeletons swarming the map....yes please.
Old July 5th, 2017, 04:56 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I can't speak to their purpose since they were nearly finalized by the time I got involved in stuff, but they seem to be to be sort of a filler squad. Or maybe their purpose is more thematic than functional: the game now has a cheap skeleton squad option, something it previously lacked.
I can't speak for the design team but to my mind them and the archers are something like a bread and butter cheap fodder/footsoldier unit for Valkrill, which is cool if you're putting together a thematic army or if playing general wars.

I'm putting Valkrill symbols on my sets shields to really emphasize that role for them.
Old July 6th, 2017, 08:06 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
I'm putting Valkrill symbols on my sets shields to really emphasize that role for them.

What method are you using for this? Asking for C3V.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs