Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 28th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Public Design Nominations - Now Accepting Nomination

Yeah, I know but it would be nice to get a couple of people to come out of the woodwork. Also, I would playtesting a lot if I had the time! I've just got a busy life, and don't always have the time to sit down and play 2 games of scape. This is a cool game, but it can take a while to play!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 28th, 2016, 08:56 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I've got it down to about 1 1/2 to 2 hours for a full playtest of 2 games. So if it's taking you much longer than that, I'd question what you can do to streamline the process for yourself. Having a map already made, playing near your computer/laptop to type the reports as you go, copy and pasting previous reports and just filling them out with new info(so you don't have to reformat them each time), getting teams together before hand so you can go from the first to the 2nd with ease, and knowing what to include and what not to include in your reports...will all make everything go smoother and quicker.

Here's the setup I have:

All the figures/cards etc. are downstairs where I play usually. But I have this setup for playtesting purposes. Anytime I need to playtest I just bring out the map, or often times I just leave it here on the table. I also keep common competitive/synergy teams to face already out such as FF, Fighters, Guardians, Mutants, Wrecking Crew etc. for ease. Then when it's time to test I pull it over next to my keyboard and pull up a previous test, erase the data/info and type in my new stuff as I play.

I'm of the belief that if you can get the time commitment down for playtesting, and streamline/smoothen it out as much as possible while still maintaining the actual gameplay and results, you're much more likely to playtest more often.
Old February 28th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, having a good process helps a lot. I'm usually a little closer to 3.5-4 hours for a test, but that's with online testing. Physical goes a bit more quickly.
Old February 28th, 2016, 09:08 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Another recommendation:

Throw on a podcast or something to listen to while you play. The less tedious you make it, also helps.
Old February 28th, 2016, 09:44 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

LM told me to post here if I could do a design, and I think I can squeeze one in. As for which one, I'm up to whatever people want.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good tips, Arkham! I've gotten in the mode of spending one batch of time getting all the cards, figures, dice, wound markers, everything I'll need all set up on one day, then doing the tests on another day. It really helps split up the chunk of time you need to commit.

That and having a designated space (my office) where I can leave a map out is hugely helpful. That and all your tips are ones I agree with and, for the most part, have done! (Especially the podcasts and the having the computer right there).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I like your Psimon so I'll nominate that.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 29th, 2016, 01:07 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A lot of that's really similar to what I'd had written up for Psimon if I ever did him. Did we work on that together, Heroscaper Guy, or just coincidence? The Psimon Says mechanic in particular has some distinct similarities.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 29th, 2016, 01:16 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
A lot of that's really similar to what I'd had written up for Psimon if I ever did him. Did we work on that together, Heroscaper Guy, or just coincidence? The Psimon Says mechanic in particular has some distinct similarities.
Ehmmm...You may be thinking of the Psimon that we currently have in the Fearsome Five thread...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 29th, 2016, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Ehmmm...You may be thinking of the Psimon that we currently have in the Fearsome Five thread...
The fewer unrevealed OMs is a mechanic I have on my original write up. What he has is a lot closer to what I have in my own file for what I wrote up on him than what you currently have.

Old February 29th, 2016, 02:08 AM
Never Forgets

I think you might have worked together a bit when it was first posted

Old February 29th, 2016, 02:09 AM

Yeah, that's probably it. Anyway, sorry for the it just struck me as interesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy