Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old July 19th, 2011, 01:52 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Temple of the Dragon

Download link:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3298

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old July 19th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Greymarke Woo who?

This was my first DND style scape map I tried. My friend and my son loved it! Thanks for putting it together. It'll be fun watching them try to figure out how to tackle it till they succeed. The opening 300 pt army of 2X wolves of Badu and the Werewolf Lord bit a big chunk out of their armies..they haven't made it past the zombies yet...
Old July 19th, 2011, 11:43 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphic View Post
Thanks again, Delphic. I've added that link to the first post.
Old July 19th, 2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greymarke View Post
This was my first DND style scape map I tried. My friend and my son loved it! Thanks for putting it together. It'll be fun watching them try to figure out how to tackle it till they succeed. The opening 300 pt army of 2X wolves of Badu and the Werewolf Lord bit a big chunk out of their armies..they haven't made it past the zombies yet...
Yup that's my favorite force for that area. If I remember correctly I like Drow supported by a fire giant on the dark staircase.

I'm glad you're enjoying the map and good luck to the heroes!
Old July 20th, 2011, 01:18 AM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphic View Post
Thanks again, Delphic. I've added that link to the first post.
No Problem. I like to support Heroscape Excellence.

Thank you for your work and I hope you do more like this.

Cheers,

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old July 21st, 2011, 08:56 PM

Greymarke Woo who?

I'm curious about the design. It's designed for the players to make multiple attempts at it correct? Just because the 500 pt swamp army of othkurik, the hydra, the troll and frost giant is a little overpowered for our poor heroes methinks. I almost feel sorry for the players when they hit that army.
Old July 21st, 2011, 09:28 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Built the Board today. Yet to try a game on it though. I can't wait.

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greymarke View Post
I'm curious about the design. It's designed for the players to make multiple attempts at it correct? Just because the 500 pt swamp army of othkurik, the hydra, the troll and frost giant is a little overpowered for our poor heroes methinks. I almost feel sorry for the players when they hit that army.
The hope is that if they step into the river and activate that army they'll lose. Otherwise going in through the cave opening would be too easy. If they activate that army by killing the egg clutch, then it's just a race to escape, anyway. They don't actually have to fight it. They just have to get 300 points worth of characters across the river and over the cliff. Even if they're all killed at that point, they worse they can do is a draw.

My hope is that this forces the players to consider an Aquilla force with Darak Ambershard, because any other figure has a good chance of activating a trap and falling in the river. Either that, or including a figure like that griffin guy whose name I'm blanking on who can shuttle them across the river.

That all said, I suspect the heroes have a better chance of taking down that 500 point encounter than I might wish. The heroes are either a 700 point force with 6 order markers, or a 600 point force with 9 order markers. So they have an advantage in actions, while the 500 point force could, potentially, have an advantage in synergy. It's possible that the easiest way to defeat this scenario is to walk straight into the river. That's where you'll want your hydra to score some quick kills and make them give up order markers.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon4201976 View Post
Built the Board today. Yet to try a game on it though. I can't wait.
Let me know how it goes.
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:32 AM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

I have built the board and will play on it tomorrow or Tuesday. I can't wait to see how it comes out! You had a really great idea here and I love the way the different zones activate.
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:47 PM

Andyman is back has disabled reputation

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! There is an error on the card for hatching eggs. I'll fix it, I forgot to put glyph of brandar.

Is anyone good with gimp and can help me fix this? on othkuriks wrath I have a / instead of a ., but I only saved it as a jpg.

Wants you to be in Final Fanatsy XIII-300,989,364

Last edited by Andyman is back; July 27th, 2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:41 PM

Dargoth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My son and I built this map and had a lot of fun doing it. We couldn't play the adventure though because I don't have any of the D&D expansions yet. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun once I get all the needed figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios