Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 8th, 2017, 09:15 AM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Is 2v2 any fun?

2v2 and 3v3 are both tons of fun, both on a smaller scale and a larger one. My first EVER Heroscape battle was a 3 vs 3, 1500 point army showdown. (Each player controlled 1500 points worth of figures.) Our map was at least 15 square feet in surface area. I remember building my army without any clue as to what was going on.

"This Q9 character seems cool." Let's get him in the mix. Needless to say, I played pretty well for a first timer.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old December 8th, 2017, 11:46 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

When I play it's usually with my two brothers - and we all agree that a 1v1v1 is a little unbalanced. Though we will sometimes play 1v1v1 FFA still, we often play 2v2, with one of us taking turns playing 'Jeff', our imaginary fourth player.
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:14 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
When I play it's usually with my two brothers - and we all agree that a 1v1v1 is a little unbalanced. Though we will sometimes play 1v1v1 FFA still, we often play 2v2, with one of us taking turns playing 'Jeff', our imaginary fourth player.
Since 1v1v1 battles in our house tend to be everyone piling on me anyways we started doing 2v1 battles. I think the ratio was 1000 & 1000 vs 2500 for big games and 500 & 500 vs 1500 for small ones to account for there extra turns and it worked out well and is always a lot of fun.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 8th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

You can always play destroy the army on your left. First player to do so wins. Or destroy the army opposite you in a 4 player game. All of this leads to attacking one army while defending against another. It also solves the "everyone ganged up on me" problem.
Old December 9th, 2017, 02:35 AM

Ssk0909 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
You can always play destroy the army on your left. First player to do so wins. Or destroy the army opposite you in a 4 player game. All of this leads to attacking one army while defending against another. It also solves the "everyone ganged up on me" problem.
That's a really interesting idea But I think it would require some tokens to mark which units belong to which army. If not, I think it will be very confusing for new players. Sure, everyone's got their army cards on the table. But theyr'e not always easy to see.
Old December 10th, 2017, 07:22 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
2v2 and 3v3 are both tons of fun, both on a smaller scale and a larger one. My first EVER Heroscape battle was a 3 vs 3, 1500 point army showdown. (Each player controlled 1500 points worth of figures.) Our map was at least 15 square feet in surface area. I remember building my army without any clue as to what was going on.

"This Q9 character seems cool." Let's get him in the mix. Needless to say, I played pretty well for a first timer.
Six players, each controlling 1500 points? 4500 points per team? 9000 points on the entire field? How long did this game take?
Old December 10th, 2017, 09:03 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:

Six players, each controlling 1500 points? 4500 points per team? 9000 points on the entire field? How long did this game take?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 10th, 2017, 01:34 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:

Some say that they're still playing today...
Old December 10th, 2017, 11:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

2v2 and 3v3 are my favorite ways to play Heroscape. I usually go for armies that are less than 600 points to keep the game a reasonable length. ~300 points (or a 12-14 figure limit per player) probably gets you the most reasonable length for 6 players.

When I have an odd number of players, I usually prefer to just have on player (often me) run two armies to make an even number of armies on the field for a team game.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 11th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I love the multiplayer free-for-all format for when I have three, or mixed tables of three and four. If, however, I had exactly four players, as you do, I would play a team format. GenCon, more-or-less the king of all Heroscape tournament events, has a team tournament every year. The Dallas/Fort Worth crew, which includes the biggest concentration of Heroscape old guard in the world, used to run a team tournament every year.

Look in the Events subfolder for tournaments with that format, and look in the GenCon sub-subfolder there for the annual GenCon team tournament details. Also, Dignan has a thread for multiplayer maps, most or all of which are especially designed for team play. I highly recommend you use those maps, if you have the terrain for them.

As the others have said, welcome!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 11th, 2017, 12:23 PM

Here's the link to Dignan's Multiplayer Maps thread, if you were wanting to take a look at them. There are some great designs there.
Old December 11th, 2017, 08:32 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

4 Player Free For All is my favorite way to play. I played a 2v2 last Thursday and my team just steamrolled the other one. Not as much fun as FFA, where the other players could team up on the runaway lead. Games are a lot closer with FFA, as you can play any army and as long as you use your alliances well anyone can win.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion