Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 17th, 2017, 01:10 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Hrognak (unmounted)

The Book of Hrognak

C3V Wave 7 (Wave 20) - Oreld's Orders - Heroes of Crumland

PDF Download

The figure used for this unit is one of the two Orc Archer figures from the Blood of Gruumsh box set from the D&D Dungeon Command line.

Character Bio: The story of Hrognak's rise through the ranks is well-told on Grut. Trained as a Heavy Grut, Hrognak once picked up the bow of a fallen Arrow Grut and discovered he was a natural archer. His presence inspires haste in his fellow orcs, who believe that this is only the start of Hrognak's legend.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Orc Movement Aura
If an Orc figure you control begins its turn within 2 clear sight spaces of Hrognak, it may move 1 additional space. Hrognak's Orc Movement Aura does not affect Hrognak.

Disengage
Hrognak is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

- TBD

Synergy Benefits Received
  • BLADE GRUTS / HEAVY GRUTS : Orc Champion Bonding
    As an Orc Champion, Hrognak may benefit from Blade Gruts and Heavy Gruts ORC CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.
  • ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Hrognak may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
  • NERAK THE GLACIAN SWOG RIDER : Orc Defensive Aura 1
    As an Orc, Hrognak may benefit from Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider’s ORC DEFENSIVE AURA 1.
Synergy Benefits Offered_________________________________________________________________
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
Adding a ranged attack to a strong melee bonding core is a big deal, but 2 attack at 5 range is only a game changer in a fairly narrow range of matchups. B+ (Dok's Master List)

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; November 3rd, 2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old August 27th, 2017, 01:48 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Hrognak

He might work well as a filler hero in a Heavy Grut build. While most of your turns will be with Grimnak, he might the random turn once in a while to take a shot at an enemy (and to move his aura). Being ranged probably helps this cheerleader more than anything, because otherwise Nerak fills the filler roll quite nicely since defense is always nice...

I wonder how well this guy would work with Blades. They already have the speed, but more movement is their key advantage.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 7th, 2017, 09:49 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Being a ranged hero is pretty huge for the gruts. Look at everything Me-Burq-Sa does for the Romans and Deathchasers. I'm pretty sure he shows up in most builds that feature the latter... Just ask @vegietarian18 or @dok

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 8th, 2017, 10:56 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I used him in our most recent tournament (Delta+) playing: Blade Gruts x5, Tornak, Nerak, Ornak, and Hrognak (drop 2 gruts).

I played using Ornak to move Tornak and Nerak Round 1 Turn 1, then using the Gruts to move Hrognak or Ornak himself the rest of the time, with occasion turns for Tornak and Nerak as needed.

He was key in my first game on The Hotways or the Highways where the highway was clogged by Orcs and Death Knights and both of us were really unwilling to use the lava to flank. However, Hrognak, the only ranged figure on the board was able to get on and off of the lava to take pot shots at the likes of Air Elementals, Dumetef Guards, Skull Demon, and Raelin. He landed a key shot on Raelin when he had Height and Unique Attack +1 and rolled 4/4 skulls and Raelin whiffed.

He also landed a key wound on the Venoc Warlord, allowing the Gruts to kill the Viper, who had the Healing Potion and would've healed next turn otherwise.

His bonus was pretty useful, allowing me to grab Wound on Mayberry in Game 5 in just a single move, and just get the Gruts out even faster.
Old September 8th, 2017, 11:38 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

A Delta+ tornament? So many units have been introduced since I was advocating it. How does it work now?

Old September 8th, 2017, 12:21 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

A Delta+ tornament? So many units have been introduced since I was advocating it. How does it work now?

We ran any units that had a changed price used that price and any new VC units were priced as they are. So Hrognak was still just 60pts.

You can see more here.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 02:45 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Did anyone in teh C3V playtest this unit being Large so it could bond with Death Chasers of Thesk? The figure even looks large, and they need a ranged hero as well, and the movement bonus would be nicer if he bonded. In home games he will definitely count as Large, but I am wondering if the C3V didn't consider it, or did but went against it.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Did anyone in teh C3V playtest this unit being Large so it could bond with Death Chasers of Thesk? The figure even looks large, and they need a ranged hero as well, and the movement bonus would be nicer if he bonded. In home games he will definitely count as Large, but I am wondering if the C3V didn't consider it, or did but went against it.
He's definitely not Large. He's the size of a regular Orc.

(This is the arrow guy that took down your army in our match at the last tournament.)
Old April 6th, 2018, 11:31 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I stand corrected, he is medium for sure. Will be nice in Grut or Heavy build. One thing is: since there is two sculpts of him in Blood of Gruumsh set, why isn’t he uncommon. Far from me to question C3V when I have not playtested since the first couple waves. But I think two of him with Gruts would have been nice in an army. Guess it’s more Gruts, dinosaurs, or Brute Gruts
Old April 6th, 2018, 11:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

That would have been an interesting design space to explore with this figure, but I like where it ended up.
Old February 13th, 2019, 11:04 AM

Just thought of a fun "Slingshot" idea.
Ornak + Brunak + Hrognak
Order marker 1 on Ornak - take a turn with Brunak who carries Hronak, then take a turn with Hrognak
Threat range = 6 (Brunak Move) + 1 (Carry) + 6 (Hrognak move) + 5 (Hrognak range) = 18! Enough to shoot opponent's start zone Round 1/Turn 1 on most maps, for sure by turn 2 since you can bond with Heavy/Blade Gruts. Although it is not best when you want to take advantage of the Orc Movement Aura, it can really help attack opponent unaware. You can also do mid-game after most your orcs are 1/2 way down the map to move Hrognak way up for his aura and attack at the same time.

Army ideas:
Blade Gruts * 4 +160 = 430
Nerak / Tornak / Grimnak +50/+100/+120 = 480 / 530 / 550
Add in Raelin, Marcu, and/or Isamu if you have room
Old November 2nd, 2020, 03:47 PM

Re: The Book of Hrognak (unmounted)

@superfrog or cmgames
Add to Synergy Benefits Offered
ORC MOVEMENT AURA : Orc Units
Kuthnak

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs