Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Marro Gnids

Well Xotli, my understanding was that you can't Mindshackle figures that are already in your army, whether they're dead or not. Which R&C did I miss?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
while the question of who "controls" a Clinging Gnid (or Dwarven Gunner) might be interesting to debate,
If we want to get technical, the answer is always nobody, because you can only "control" a figure on the board. The correct question would be "who's army are they in?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Well Xotli, my understanding was that you can't Mindshackle figures that are already in your army, whether they're dead or not. Which R&C did I miss?
Caps is correct; no matter the state of a figure, it can be in your army, and you can't Mindshakle figures that are in your army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Can a figure with Mindshackle or Soul Devour use either of
those powers on an opponent's Unique figure if you already
have that same Unique figure (or a figure of the same name)
in your Army? If successful, that would allow you to have 2
of the same Unique figure in your Army.

No. You can never under any circumstances have 2 of the same
Unique figures in your Army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BftU Glossary
Army: An Army is a group of one or more Heroes and/or Squad figures that each player has in front of them. This includes figures that are destroyed and those not yet on the battlefield.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; March 8th, 2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: I've been a stickler for the "army"/"control" difference for a while now...
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Caps is correct; no matter the state of a figure, it can be in your army, and you can't Mindshakle figures that are in your army.
No, I didn't mean to argue that point. I think I thought you guys were saying that you couldn't mindshackle a figure with a Finn spirit on it if you had Finn in your army, but I see now I misread. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 1st, 2013, 06:15 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shouldn't Morgoloth's Swarming Vermin ability be added under 'synergy benefits received'?
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Synergies updated for C3V wave 5:
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks for doing all these, AV.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:59 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, thanks, AV, for all the hard work keeping the Books up to date. It is greatly appreciated.
Old September 14th, 2014, 01:58 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I believe Marro Gnids should have synergy with Tul-Bak-Ra and his Teleport Reinforcements ability. @Taeblewalker
Old September 15th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I believe Marro Gnids should have synergy with Tul-Bak-Ra and his Teleport Reinforcements ability. @Taeblewalker
Good point! I'll update the OP.

Old September 15th, 2014, 07:32 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Obviously one doesn't want an army of only gnids when playing with these guys as once you've clung you pretty much lose the figure. What are army builds people have used in the past? What are good compliments to gnids in an army?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 15th, 2014, 07:54 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Obviously one doesn't want an army of only gnids when playing with these guys as once you've clung you pretty much lose the figure. What are army builds people have used in the past? What are good compliments to gnids in an army?
I have no experience, so this is all theoryscape here. What if you drafted DW 8000 with a bunch of gnids? After all the unique heroes are clinged by the gnids, you could clean up with DW, who could go on a rampage since everyone has lowered defense. Maybe something like..:
Marro Hive-160
Gnidsx4-200
DW 8000-130
Isamu-10
Total: 500 points

Thoughts, anyone? Like I said, this is all theory as I have never used the gnids. Or the Hive for that matter.
Old September 15th, 2014, 08:06 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Gnids are good against high life low (3) defense heroes. So Krug and Braxas. As long as you have units in your army to deal with all the other units in the game, you should be fine.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs