Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 19th, 2011, 08:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Boadgame Christmas List

I do like a good tactical board game, although my preference for "small scale" warfare is using my huge historical 54mm toy soldier collection. I do own all the published Richard Borg games and all their expansions for example, so Richard Borg smiles when he sees me at Conventions!

(Edit) In fact, I just modificed and added a rule from C&C Napoleonics (Borg's latest published game; although one he's been playing for years) to my own 54mm Napoleonic miniatures rules! Good synergy!

Last edited by chas; November 26th, 2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not that serious of a board gamer, I only have a few on my list, and wouldn't be crushed if I didn't get them.

1. Ikusa
2. Escape: Atlantis (or whatever the name is...)
3. Quarriors
4. Summoner Wars master set

And of course, more Heroscape. We picked up some W9 commons awhile ago at a game store, so those are in for sure.
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I don't usually give my own threads a bump, but I want to mention that I've been adding lots to Post #1 above, based on the fact that I have to get my own holiday presents for myself, with the help of savvy hobby industry and online shopping buddies. So if it is of interest to you to discuss some of the stuff available right now (Post Thanksgiving/Pre-Christmas 2011), feel free to chime in with your own experiences/comments/thoughts on any of the specific titles I'm discussing there, as well of course as your own interests in board games right now, especially all the brand new stuff coming out.

Holiday time in the last few years seemed to be tailing off in new product, but thanks partly to the timing of the Essen, Germany show and other factors, there is a whole lot of new stuff coming out right now that I'm interested in! My local game store (The Complete Strategist in Manhattan) says that these days there are lots of new designs rolling in every week!!!

Your Gaming Pal in NYC,
Chas
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:25 AM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

1. Battlestar Galactica
2. Axis & Allies D-Day
3. And....uh.....Heroscape of course.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old November 28th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought I'd add my list in as well. They definitely aren't all new games, as I'm still catching up, but there are a few recent releases. We just bought a new game table (a hex-shaped one at that), so I'm doing my best to break it in. Here's my list, in no particular order:

1. Battleship galaxies
2. Catacombs
3. Bloodbowl team manager
4. Race for the Galaxy +/- expansions
5. Thunderstone Wrath of the Elements
6. Astra Titanus
7. Space Alert
8. Lord of the Rings the LCG: Khazad-Dum Campaign Expansion
9. Lord of the Rings the LCG Adventure Packs
10. Quarriors: Rise of the Demons Expansion
11. Earth Reborn
12. Defenders of the Realm
13. Eclipse
14. Risk: Legacy
15. War of the Ring 2nd Edition

Highest on my list are the Star Wars LCG and X-Wing, but those aren't expected to release until next year. That gives me something to look forward to for my birthday.
Old December 19th, 2011, 01:40 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finally took the plunge with Band of Brothers. Also ordered No Retreat to save a bit on shippin.
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:13 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Heh, somehow a handful of the games on my list above have already made it into my house and in some cases the gaming table.

Gotta love Amazon Sales and Secret Santas...

-insert signature here-
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:34 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Heh, somehow a handful of the games on my list above have already made it into my house and in some cases the gaming table.

Gotta love Amazon Sales and Secret Santas...
That's cheating!!! And no, I'm not jealous you got to open your gifts early...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games