Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 16th, 2010, 04:40 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nebraska Skirmish IV

Date: November 20th

Location:St. Paul's Lutheran Church 13271 Millard Ave Omaha, NE 68137. We will be in the Youth Center on the South Side of the building. Park in the large parking lot and enter in the doors next to the 10 Commandments Memorial Statue thing. As soon as you enter take an immediate right and head downstairs that's where we will be. They would like $1 donation per person if possible.

Start Time: 10 AM

What to bring: Dice, Order markers, Army cards and figures, and a Booster for the prize table.

Format: We are trying something different this year.
505pts 24 hexes if all melee
505pts 16 hexes if any range
Marvel IS allowed
Full card scoring
50 minute rounds.

Units that are considered range:
Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs:
Treasure Pool
Heroic Rune, Healing Potion, Bracers of Teleportation, Ring of Protection, Brooch of Shielding

Classic Pool
Kelda, Lodin, Valda, Ulaniva, Dagmar

Classic glyphs are revealed after army placement but before order markers are placed.

Traps:
Ranged Armies - Cloud of Darkness - 1-5 All normal attacks, special attacks, or special abilities from units you control have a range of 1 until the end of the round.

Melee Armies - X-Ray Vision - 1-5 Any unit attacking a figure you control with a normal attack, special attack, or special ability does not need line of sight until the end of the round.

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

PRIZES!!!!
is providing Gift Certificates
8 - $10 Gift Certificates to MiniatureMarket.com
1 - $25 Gift Certificate to MiniatureMarket.com

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Last edited by stubobj; October 27th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Nebraska Skirmish IV

Who is coming -

Matthias + 5ish
Stubobj
Crazyangel
Twotongues + 2ish
Chris from NE + 1
Tiny Timmy
TOG + ??
Shockma (or something like that) +1?
Codeman + 2ish
Clarissimus
Omahavice
Raider30

Possibles -
Ellraiser + ??
Obsidian's entourage
Irish Brigade

Those who make lame excuses why they can't come
fomox
Bobofdeath clan
Obsidian
ET86
Supergeek

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; November 17th, 2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Update the who is coming list
Old September 17th, 2010, 10:20 AM

Ellraiser has disabled reputation

I need to get back into playing and running....count me in as long as the city doesn't stop moving!

Ellraiser

"Angels to some...demons to others...we are what we are!"
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:28 PM

twotongues is surprisingly tart

Count me in! (+some)
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:42 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

I'm definitely interested, but I need to know where it is, seeing as my dad will be the chaperone, and my parents want one of them to be supervising to make sure I'm not being kidnapped or anything. I also have a few quick questions.

When bringing prizes, must there be one booster for each player, or each party?

Will I be able to see others' armies before I play?

Sorry, but I've never been in a tournament setting before, so I'm pretty ignorant as to how this works.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:48 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

It'll either be at Coliseum Games off 83rd and Park Dr or at my church where I work off 133rd and Millard Ave. I'll shore up the location w/in the next few weeks.

Every player brings a prize and every player wins a prize.

You pick one army and stick with it the whole tourney as does everybody else. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by can you see other people's armies? You're more than welcome to watch other games in progress to "Scout" your opponents as long as your game is over.

Old September 24th, 2010, 01:17 AM

twotongues is surprisingly tart

and if you ask...I'll tell you my army.
Old September 24th, 2010, 05:54 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
It'll either be at Coliseum Games off 83rd and Park Dr or at my church where I work off 133rd and Millard Ave. I'll shore up the location w/in the next few weeks.

You pick one army and stick with it the whole tourney as does everybody else. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by can you see other people's armies? You're more than welcome to watch other games in progress to "Scout" your opponents as long as your game is over.
I mean, before the tournament starts, will others' armies be visible, or can we wait until our first match to reveal them. And... Um... Everyone wins a prize? Everyone? Including the most epic loser?

And yes, my dad and I will both be there, and my mom and sister have a conflict, but they might come at the end if the tournament runs til mid-afternoon.
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post

I mean, before the tournament starts, will others' armies be visible, or can we wait until our first match to reveal them. And... Um... Everyone wins a prize? Everyone? Including the most epic loser?

And yes, my dad and I will both be there, and my mom and sister have a conflict, but they might come at the end if the tournament runs til mid-afternoon.
Everybody gets a prize! As far as armies go. We require them to write them down before the tourney starts just to make sure nobody is switching up on us (not that that's ever happened). So the tourney organizers know but it's up to everybody else if they want to share their army with you. But most people don't really care and will tell you.

Glad you and your dad can make it!

Old September 26th, 2010, 10:07 PM

Update: My dad doesn't want to play. For what reason, I have no idea why (He's never been to a tournament either). So we'll both be there, but only I'm playing. Darn, I wanted to him to play so I could measure him up against everyone else. Oh well.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 05:40 PM

Also, is there a similar map to Jagged Causeway that only uses one TT? I only have one, and would rather not pay the ridiculous prices common on eBay...
Old October 3rd, 2010, 05:57 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shockma Ranyk: Jagged Causeway only uses one TT. The sets used are BftU/TT/Castle.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events