Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 4th, 2015, 05:41 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I used to be approaching 1000 in my BGG collection. I'm now down to 500 and trying to get down to 100.
WOW...I don't think I've owned 100 games in my whole life. That's even counting the 15 different Chess sets I've been given over the years individually.

Though I did just increase it by one today...when with Forbidden Desert. Also went ahead and jumped on the Ticket to Ride 1910 Expansion sale with the intent on getting Ticket to Ride in the next few days. Saw it locally yesterday for $37 so since I missed out today on the 29.99 sale I'll just watch over the weekend for another sale and if not go pick it up.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Hahma, I'd like to see a photo of your game library some day.
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...40&oe=56F519A6

Actually, that's my buddy's collection

I don't have all that many really. I'm sure Quozl has a lot more than me.
He should trade some of those for some drywall to finish his room.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 4th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Hahma, I'd like to see a photo of your game library some day.
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...40&oe=56F519A6

Actually, that's my buddy's collection

I don't have all that many really. I'm sure Quozl has a lot more than me.
He should trade some of those for some drywall to finish his room.
Well that's just part of his basement, I'm sure he'll get the whole thing finished off all nice at some point. The upstairs living area is really nice

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 4th, 2015, 08:49 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I have a whole closet dedicated to board games. However it does not have any more room and contains almost no Heroclix and absolutely no Heroscape. My newer board games reside on top of the entertainment center. I'll have to count them one day.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 6th, 2015, 10:28 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played my first two games of Firefly: Kalidasa with more than four players yesterday, with Sherman Davies, Tablewalker, another good pal, and even a guy we hadn't met yet, who I invited because I saw he lived nearby from his post on boardgamegeek. This was only my second game day with the new expansion and the full three part board, every area of which was flown over during the course of the games.

Not only did I win the first game, but i did it by following my original plan. And that never happens. In the second game, where we had to vote on whether items brought aboard by players qualified for the scavenger hunt, we decided that bribery was an acceptable part of the voting process, and then it got very interesting...and the new guy won, even though he'd only played the basic game before, and none of the various rules of the expansions, all of which we were using!

Both games finished up in less than three hours, which surprised us, as games with fewer players have taken a lot longer. Hooray!

(For more details on how we played and my brilliant plan, see a couple of threads on the Firefly Kalidasa forum on boardgamegeek.)
Old December 6th, 2015, 02:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Sounds like you had a great time chas!
Old December 6th, 2015, 03:33 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Imperial Assault saw time on the paint and playing table this week.

Got a chance to finish painting C3POs

And played Canyon Run. The nasty rebels were able to take this game.

Also got some more work done on the cathedral for Pillars of the earth. Next step is paining the interior scaffolding.

I also played Nevermore. It was ok, but I felt like after being changed to a Raven the game was a lot less fun.

Played in a Dicemaster Spider Man OP too. It was a lot of fun.
Old December 6th, 2015, 05:43 PM
A Man of Taste

Managed to pick up Ticket to Ride today. Now just have to find a way to convince my wife to let us open it early.

Old December 6th, 2015, 10:47 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Thanks @chas for the good report, but it's still not enough to entice me to make the difficulty journey to Liny. Sorry you have to recruit strangers off the internet in your search for a suitable substitute... (~~~lol~~~)

I forgot to mention that I had a pretty good gaming week:
Wed - 2x Star Wars X-Wing
Thr - Red Dragon Inn
Fri - Small World and Colt Express

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 7th, 2015, 10:02 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Saturday night I played another round of Dead of Winter in which we finally had a betrayer (this was the only game he lost that night!), Justice League: Axis of Villains, and two games of Exploding Kittens. This was the first time I had ever played it and it is pretty fun. I enjoyed it so much, I got myself a copy today!

The previous Thursday, we played some Mice and Mystics and King of New York. The three people I played M&M with were newbies, but they loved it! So, I am not playing three campaigns in Sorrow and Remembrance (M&M adventure one) and none is past Chapter 4. Can't wait to see what the game has in store moving forward!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 8th, 2015, 02:30 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I played Exploding Kittens once and thought it was boring. It's always interesting to me that different folks like different strokes.
Old December 8th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played a 6 player game of Lords of Waterdeep last night with everything from the Scoundrels of Skullport expansion. I like this game, though I'm not the greatest at it. I came in 4th with 97 points. Fortunately, I had completed a 40 point contract toward the end, but I had to take on more corruption to do so. At the end, I had 4 corruption markers and they cost me 5 points each and had brought me back 20 points to 97.

Then I played a 10 player game of Codenames, with 2 teams of 5. We played 5 games, where each player on a team got to be the clue giver. Great party game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games