Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Closed Thread

Old July 26th, 2007, 02:13 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
So, I understand there's some desire to wrap this thing up? I finally got some time (at 1 am no less) to try this guy out. Here's what I found:

Batman vs. Cap. Very interesting battles that were generally completely decided by specials. Most of the time, Bats got the first two shots in with his batarangs, which often gave Steve a wound or two. Cap then managed to get in melee where the real fight begins. First off, I am the Night is EXTREMELY powerful, and really shouldn't be underestimated. Completely ignoring damage and getting two turns in a row is a scary ability indeed. It came up far more often than I expected, even in melee. However, against Cap, it didn't always matter. On more than one occasion, the two shots resulted in a counter that ended the match. Most notably a game where Bats rolled blanks and Cap rolled 4 shields. Ouch. Admittedly, Bats should have tried to disengaged, but we only realized that after the fact. Hard to run with life that low.

My other test that I will probably put EVERY figure up to is the Hulk test. Again, this was a scenario where I am the night proved very deadly, as blatantly ignoring 7 skulls is a bit insane. That said, things turned out pretty good here. On average, Bats got 185 points of damage in before going down (which was usually to one big punch). There's really no way to complain about this, Bats does his points worth of damage.

I do have some general concerns, considering he works out fine in situations where he's probably weakest (one really powerful foe), but I can't really fault him in any way either. My gut tells me Hasbro would price him higher, but he played within his bounds quite well. Thematically sound, great looking card, fitting powers, and playtested to his points almost exactly. I really can't expect much more and therefore, gladly give this guy my stamp of approval.
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
So, I understand there's some desire to wrap this thing up? I finally got some time (at 1 am no less) to try this guy out. Here's what I found:

Batman vs. Cap. Very interesting battles that were generally completely decided by specials. Most of the time, Bats got the first two shots in with his batarangs, which often gave Steve a wound or two. Cap then managed to get in melee where the real fight begins. First off, I am the Night is EXTREMELY powerful, and really shouldn't be underestimated. Completely ignoring damage and getting two turns in a row is a scary ability indeed. It came up far more often than I expected, even in melee. However, against Cap, it didn't always matter. On more than one occasion, the two shots resulted in a counter that ended the match. Most notably a game where Bats rolled blanks and Cap rolled 4 shields. Ouch. Admittedly, Bats should have tried to disengaged, but we only realized that after the fact. Hard to run with life that low.

My other test that I will probably put EVERY figure up to is the Hulk test. Again, this was a scenario where I am the night proved very deadly, as blatantly ignoring 7 skulls is a bit insane. That said, things turned out pretty good here. On average, Bats got 185 points of damage in before going down (which was usually to one big punch). There's really no way to complain about this, Bats does his points worth of damage.

I do have some general concerns, considering he works out fine in situations where he's probably weakest (one really powerful foe), but I can't really fault him in any way either. My gut tells me Hasbro would price him higher, but he played within his bounds quite well. Thematically sound, great looking card, fitting powers, and playtested to his points almost exactly. I really can't expect much more and therefore, gladly give this guy my stamp of approval.
Sooo, basically, what you're saying is
?

Oh, and just so I make sure I know, you did remember not to roll for I Am the Night against special attacks like Cap's Shield Throw and Hulk's Stomp, right?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2007, 02:36 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Doh! Totally forgot. That evens it out significantly. Though I'd still rather wallop him with Hulk's regular attack considering he almost always went down in one hit once the wounding actually happened. A nightless opening round would certainly help though.

Yes, approved. Sadly, its likely to go unnoticed all things considering...
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:49 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Congratulations!!! Well done Batman, the first approved TNT custom.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation

This thread was going to be converted to a "Book of thread" but with all the trial stuff in here, I think a new thread should be started. Firemaster, would you like to take on the TNT books?
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:44 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'll wait until Firemaster gets what he needs, then I'll lock this baby down. Thanks to all my judges and all playtesters/commenters for your invaluable feedback!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls

This thread was going to be converted to a "Book of thread" but with all the trial stuff in here, I think a new thread should be started. Firemaster, would you like to take on the TNT books?
Most definately. I'm assuming the books & index will go in this section.

Old July 26th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I'll wait until Firemaster gets what he needs, then I'll lock this baby down. Thanks to all my judges and all playtesters/commenters for your invaluable feedback!
Good idea. A link to here could be added in the Book so people can see the process.
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls

Most definately. I'm assuming the books & index will go in this section.
Yep
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:03 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Congrats Batman. First TNT'd custom, great job!!

Old July 26th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Congratulations! So is this guy supposed to show up in some TNT list?
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:48 PM

Yes, this section works fine, Firemaster. Create an Index thread and I'll sticky it. Once you have the Book of Batman created, I'll unsticky this and lock it. We can link this thread to the first post in the Book of Batman as Allskulls said.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations