Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:50 AM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Toronto. Ontario First Scapefest Nov 11 in Bramalea

Okay this is the first Ontario Canada Heroscape get together, Details still need to be hashed out but at this point it is coming together nicely. Jazz has secured us a centeral location listed below. Those interested in attending please register above. The details are open for discussion this is just a starting point so don't take this as set in stone at this time. Those bring guest poeple indicate the number in your party.
I like to be organized.

750 Clark Blvd, Brampton, Ontario, Canada

This is close to the 410 to its easy to get to from all major highways.

TIME
10:00 AM - 5:00 Pm

DETAILS

The entry fee is $5, We will have prizes.
Anyone wishing to bring somethng for the prize table is welcome to do so.

Registration
As players arrive (we suggest 30 minutes before the scheduled start time), please sign in at the registration table with your completed army, whether you are pre-registered or not.

Armies and Materials

Each player should bring one pre-drafted 400 point army. Only official Heroscape figures markers and cards are eligible to be used. Commons are limited to no more than 3 of any single common unit. Extra master set figures and cards can be available for those who do not have an army at registration time. Once you register an army (on gameday), you cannot change it for the duration of the tournament
Bring figures, army cards, dice, orders wound and power markers as these will not be provided.

NOTE: Jazz and other may loan some figures for the day. Thanks guys a great gesture.

Structure
Each round of the tourney will last an hour
We will use two random glyphs per map.

Format:
1st 4 rounds are determined by Matchup Cards, Brackets or Predetermined table movement (similiar to match up card but my method).
At the beginning of the 5th round, any undefeated players and then players with the most total points added to make a total of 4 players, are matched up. Win/Loss record takes priority over points.
Total Points of theses players are used to determine Semi-finals matches. Semi-final winners move on to the Finals, losers play the bronze medal game.

Materials: Tournament Sheets and Matchup Cards

Tournament Sheets will be provided where players can write their rosters 400 point pre-built armies, who their opponent is each round (and what army their opponent played), and their score for each round.

Matchup Cards is a system that generates random matches for the first 5 rounds of play, where no two players ever match up against each other twice AND no one player will ever play on the same map twice. There is also a "bye" card that can be used in the event of an odd number of participants. This is a great system that drastically reduces the down time between rounds. Also the fun of knowing who your opponents will be makes trash talking easier.

Scoring
Point totals (per round) are calculated as:
Your remaining points + Opponents defeated points (possible 800 points per round) = Total Match score

Clarification from Heroscape rule book: ”In cases where scoring is necessary, each player or team scores points for each Army Card with figures still on the battlefield. Core the full points listed on the Army Card, even if there is only one surviving Squad figure.”

Maps
All maps are made up of no more than 1 Master Set and 1 of each terrain expansion (there have been some exceptions) and wil be clearly labled "Map A, Map B, etc.). If possible maps will be posted here before the tourney. Maps will be picked based on their balance. The maps will have 24 spaces for deployment. All maps contain glyph two, determine as above. There could be maps with castles on them depending availablity. Twelve Official maps from Hasbro are urgeth Swamps, Wolf Swamp Road, Forgotten Forest, Forsaken Waters, Migol's Tomb, Searing Pass,Table of the Giants, Trollsford Swamps, Volcarren Wasteland, Wellspring of Obsession, SoulRazor Canyon, The Battlefield of Frozen Souls

Prizes
Two methods here depending on what you guys want to do.

Prizes will be bought by the me, based on the number of expected enteries. I will be reimbursed with the entry fee money. The amounts of prizes are adjusted to match the amount of money collected from the participants.
Or
Everyone brings something for the prize table and is really great fun because everybody goes home with something.

Plus
Following the last open round players vote for the one that was the best sport based strictly on their opponents during that day. The player who has the most votes gets the sportsmanship award.

This will ensure 1st and 2nd are assured prizes, but if we all bring someting there will be plenty of prizes for everyone The winner will get 1st pick and so on.

NOTES and a REQUEST
We have the Church from 8 - 6 but need some setup and clean up time. 7 hours should give us plenty of time to complete 4 round robin games and
two playoff rounds.
Volunteers to bring Terrain, Setup and Cleanup for the Day. Besides myself, I would like 3 others to volunteer to help. My wife is most likely going to help with registation, matchups and generally seeing things run smooth (unless she wants to play, which may happen). We will need at most 12 MS. I have 2 I will bring to start.

Have I missed anything?

That's all for now, Let me know what you all think.
Any and all of this is up for dicussion at this time.

I look forward to a Fun day and meeting all you Canadian Scapers.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 04:23 PM

JAZZ has disabled reputation
Looks good atmospro, thanks for the work. This will be a first major tournament for many of us (myself anyway) and it sounds like a blast.

Will there be another table there for people to play on for those who may be put out early?
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:33 PM
has been BANNED

Faartknocker is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm here and at your service. My e-mail is laudemar84@hotmail.com

I'm going to bring two master sets, lots of figures, and a ton of terrain neatly packaged in my car. Cheers!
Old September 25th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hello, I am one of the aforementioned friends of JAZZ,

I've got 5 Master sets, though I am sure I've lost a piece or two by now.
The only special terrain I have is Lava.

@JAZZ,
Are you bringing your sets?
I am sure once people start getting knocked out we won't need as many tables... But I am not sure what the plan is, so I'll wait to see what the organizers say.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old September 25th, 2006, 05:34 PM

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Hey Guys I'm glad to everyone is willing to help make this a successfull day.

Here's the specifics of what we need as far as terrian goes.
I plan on setting up 12 map a the begining of the day. At least 6 will be from the hasbro inventory listed in the openning post under maps. Another 4 or 5 will consist of some good tourny maps from this site that have been used in other tournments held state side, employing mutliple type of expansion terrian. The final two maps will make use of the castle set. As of right now only Jazz has a castle set, I hope to have 1 or 2 at that point but nothing is for sure. I know everyone will want to get at least one game in using the castle stuff.
So we need a total of 12MS plus some of the other terrain expansions

What has been pledged so far
Atmospro 2MS, 1 RTTFF, 1 VW, 2 TT, 2 FotA
Jazz 3 MS, 2 RTFF, 2 VW, 1 TT, and 1 castle (Wooow Whooooo!!)
FaartKnocker 2MS, 4 RTTFF, 3 VW, 4 TT, 4 FotA
Ketch 5 MS, 1VW

I think we are good on terrain everyone.

Ketch please to meet you. I plan to have the 12 tables stay setup the whole day. This means that players will only play on a given table once. The problablity of playing someone more than once can only occur during the final game. This should mean eveyone gets to play a variety of people on a variety of maps. As for those who get knocked out early. plenty of tables wil be available for them to play games on, but keep in mind that I hope to keep everyone playing until at least 3:00. At that point if those not in the finals would like to join some maps together to play a larger game or whatever, that will be possible. We have the hall until 6:00 pm but we will need to start cleaning up around 5:00.

Final note I know this is listed as a tourny but I'm going to try and make it a fun day for everyone. So I don't plan on using a powerhouse army. My main goals here is to start a GTA Heroscapers group, league, gathering that can share a fun safe gaming experiences. We can get together every few months and play some Scape. I know for many of us North of the border getting someone to play with has been a struggle.

Old September 25th, 2006, 06:23 PM

Everything that I listed was a combination of what Ketch and I have. In total we have 8 MS with Ketch owning the majority of the terrain.

If you guys want to put together strong armies that's fine with me. I am just there to have fun but it would be cool to see how we measure up in terms of strategies, army construction, etc. If I get blown away, that just means that I had a fun day where I learned valuable strategies for next time ...(watch out for so and so).

In creating your army, if some of you don't have a specific character(s) just let me ahead of time and myself or one of the others can likely bring them for you to use. Ketch and I have almost all the characters minus the EOV, SH, and Nerak.
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:34 AM

Thank s for clarifing that Jazz. well we still looking good for terrian if 3 guys bring what you have and so will I.

If you guys want to start chiming in on what maps you would like to please do so.

Jazz a great guesture. FK and myself may also be able to help people fill out armies.

Old September 26th, 2006, 03:17 PM

norseman1066 has disabled reputation
Hello folks,

I've posted your PM on another site that I frequent and I hope to drum up a few more players for you. I have not yet played the game so I'm not sure if I'd be interested in playing in a tourny. I'm just interested in playing the game so I can learn the rules. I'll report back on the feedback I get from the other site and I've posted a link to this thread so I hope you'll see a few more folks post here.

Good luck and thank you for letting me know what is happening.

Cheers!!!!

For my Niece: Misty Lee Jeanveau:
http://www.northernlife.ca/News/Poli...eadon080109003
R.I.P.
Old September 26th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
exciting!

I like how you have everyone playing most of the day.
Looks good.
Remember, give a bit of time between matches for score tallying, switching and maybe a drink of water!

::Nathan Hoel::
Old September 27th, 2006, 12:59 PM

Does anyone have any suggested maps (official or not)? We usually make our own but we have tried Wolf Swamp Road and the Forsaken Waters. Wolf Swamp Road was a good map so I'll toss it in as a suggestion.

Between Ketch and I, we only have one 2nd edition rule book so if any of you others have one, please bring it.
Old September 27th, 2006, 01:27 PM

MrBishop is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Sounds like we are good for terrain but I will still bring my one master set and snow for my meager contribution. I will also bring my second addition rule book and I have the FAQs printed from the hasbro webpage that I will have as well.

I look forward to meeting you all.
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:33 PM

Mr. B
Definately bring the second edition rule and FAQ's, we're going to need them.

Jazz
I'm putting together a map list with pics it will be up in the next few days. Once the list is up we can choose which ones we want to use. I think I've payed on all of the Hasbro maps except SoulRazor Canyon.

Can't wait for this day and meet you all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events